Page 117 of 134 FirstFirst ... 1767107113114115116117118119120121127 ... LastLast
Results 2,901 to 2,925 of 3349
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Endings are getting darker and darker. I really hope there's some sort of continuation from where these episodes are ending. At least in season 2 if not in the latter part this season.
    -Definitely enjoying the darker tone, and unpredictability of the recent episodes.

-I think there will be. Bucky, for example, was thrown into the distance but with the shield, and his arm, he likely survived the fall. Maybe theirs a sequel episode where they show him as captain America. There's also been reports that Captain Carter is going to return in every season of the show.

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I liked Shang Chi. I'd rank it somewhere in the 30th to 40th percentile of Marvel movies. My son put it in the bottom 10%. We both agreed that BW would have to be at, or almost at, the bottom of the Marvel list...that one should have just been a Disney+ feature film.
    the funny thing about BW is I've only seen it available at home for like 20.99 dollars to watch lmfao like yeah right
    I'll continue to wait.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    the funny thing about BW is I've only seen it available at home for like 20.99 dollars to watch lmfao like yeah right
    I'll continue to wait.
    i could see it for free and havent put the time in

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    i could see it for free and havent put the time in
    Why you gotta hate on our cute big booty scarlett like that

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Last edited by lefty; 09-13-2021 at 08:59 AM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    Looks like a fun show. We're gonna get an episode dedicated just to that Musical, right?

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Endings are getting darker and darker. I really hope there's some sort of continuation from where these episodes are ending. At least in season 2 if not in the latter part this season.
    So Zombie Thanos was the ending of that one...but like what's the point lol. Cool episode but if Zombie Thanos had a gauntlet it pretty much rendered everything in that episode pointless to begin with

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Killmonger was a LDN in last night's episode. Love his iness. Sly ass cunning mf

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    So Zombie Thanos was the ending of that one...but like what's the point lol. Cool episode but if Zombie Thanos had a gauntlet it pretty much rendered everything in that episode pointless to begin with
    Thanos doesn't have the mind stone yet so not exactly. Also, Thor and Captain Marvel aren't zombies and well as Spiderman and the Guardians of the Galaxy. They might end up doing a sequel episode.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Killmonger was a LDN in last night's episode. Love his iness. Sly ass cunning mf
    "The difference between me and you is that you don't see the difference between me and you"

He was pretty bad ass tbh.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    "The difference between me and you is that you don't see the difference between me and you"

He was pretty bad ass tbh.
    Yeah that line was sick af

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    Yeah, I'm definitely gonna need a follow up to these endings. The new trailer does imply that there will be something of that sort in the upcoming episodes with Thor talking about Zombies.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    Says the guy who's just remade a movie that is based on a book. So a 3rd copy of an IP....

If he really believes in what he's saying then he should've told the studio to off and committed himself to making only Indie movies, tbh.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Says the guy who's just remade a movie that is based on a book. So a 3rd copy of an IP....

If he really believes in what he's saying then he should've told the studio to off and committed himself to making only Indie movies, tbh.
    the last Dune movie was made 40 years ago and it wasnt really that good, so its not like he's doing 3 movies per year. He was also asked the question about this, so its not like he said it out of nothing.

He also only made good movies so far, so i am pretty sure Dune will also be good. Cant say that about Marvel movies, which are fun, but there is just like 3 or 4 good movies there and even all of those are still worse than anything Villeneuve ever directed.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    the last Dune movie was made 40 years ago and it wasnt really that good, so its not like he's doing 3 movies per year. He was also asked the question about this, so its not like he said it out of nothing.

He also only made good movies so far, so i am pretty sure Dune will also be good. Cant say that about Marvel movies, which are fun, but there is just like 3 or 4 good movies there and even all of those are still worse than anything Villeneuve ever directed.
    He was just asked a question about big budget films. He specifically just chose to bring Marvel into this conversation himself.

You really don't see a problem with a guy promoting his big budget project, that's based on existing IP, saying what he did?

Additionally, are Marvel directors the only one out there employing that 3 act, hero's journey template? Doesn't Dune it self follow this template in the first book?

Comes across like like a salty hypocrite, tbh.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    He was just asked a question about big budget films. He specifically just chose to bring Marvel into this conversation himself.

You really don't see a problem with a guy promoting his big budget project, that's based on existing IP, saying what he did?

Additionally, are Marvel directors the only one out there employing that 3 act, hero's journey template? Doesn't Dune it self follow this template in the first book?

yea, he probably didnt have to say anything, but what he did say is not wrong.

idk anything about the dune books, all i know is how everyone thinks that it cant be done good in a movie, so all i hope for is it to not be .

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    yea, he probably didnt have to say anything, but what he did say is not wrong.

idk anything about the dune books, all i know is how everyone thinks that it cant be done good in a movie, so all i hope for is it to not be .
    I'm not saying that he is necessarily wrong.

A person can be right and still be a salty hypocrite.

Fwiw, I'm looking quite forward to seeing Dune. Previews look amazing and I loved the book itself. Doesn't hurt that Dune also serves as big inspiration to my all time favorite series.

Name
    Dick
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Arkansas Razorbacks

He talked about the lazy “cut and paste” nature of Marvel movies, and his criticisms are 100% valid. He’s not saying you shouldn’t play in the IP waters, just that there’s a more interesting way of doing it than the Marvel formula.

You’re in serious denial if you can’t see the very obvious Marvelness in every Marvel movie. They’re literally the exact same packs of Doritos with different flavoring sprinkled on every time. Which is fine, Doritos are delicious, but if someone said “there’s different ways to make chips besides Doritos” you wouldn’t freak out about it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    He talked about the lazy “cut and paste” nature of Marvel movies, and his criticisms are 100% valid. He’s not saying you shouldn’t play in the IP waters, just that there’s a more interesting way of doing it than the Marvel formula.

You’re in serious denial if you can’t see the very obvious Marvelness in every Marvel movie. They’re literally the exact same packs of Doritos with different flavoring sprinkled on every time. Which is fine, Doritos are delicious, but if someone said “there’s different ways to make chips besides Doritos” you wouldn’t freak out about it.
    Sounds like you haven't seen all the Marvel movies because they're definitely not all "literally the same with different flavoring sprinkled". The criticism is definitely valid for some of them but not all, not even close.

A big part which you and Denis seem to be ignoring is that Marvel Directors don't have full control of the IP, because they're adding to a Cinematic Universe and have to play within a sandbox. That's just a part of the deal when you sign on.

I wouldn't be surprised if Denis hasn't seen them all either.

But hey, I'm sure Denis would've done much better than what is currently the only successful Cinematic Universe ever built. Marvel definitely ed up when they put Fiege in charge instead of Denis.

Name
    Dick
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Arkansas Razorbacks
    Sounds like you haven't seen all the Marvel movies because they're definitely not all "literally the same with different flavoring sprinkled". The criticism is definitely valid for some of them but not all, not even close.

A big part which you and Denis seem to be ignoring is that Marvel Directors don't have full control of the IP, because they're adding to a Cinematic Universe and have to play within a sandbox. That's just a part of the deal when you sign on.

I wouldn't be surprised if Denis hasn't seen them all either.

But hey, I'm sure Denis would've done much better than what is currently the only successful Cinematic Universe ever built. Marvel definitely ed up when they put Fiege in charge instead of Denis.
    Marvel movies absolutely all use the same recipe now. The only ones that are unique in any way are early ones (Iron Man 1, Winter Soldier) before they perfected the recipe. If you can’t see it, you’re in denial, plain and simple.

I never said they weren’t entertaining, because they mostly are. But they’re all fairly milquetoast and lacking in artistic merit. Like Scorsese said, they’re an amusement park ride. Fun, but forgettable, and running on the exact same track.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    Marvel movies absolutely all use the same recipe now. The only ones that are unique in any way are early ones (Iron Man 1, Winter Soldier) before they perfected the recipe. If you can’t see it, you’re in denial, plain and simple.

I never said they weren’t entertaining, because they mostly are. But they’re all fairly milquetoast and lacking in artistic merit. Like Scorsese said, they’re an amusement park ride. Fun, but forgettable, and running on the exact same track.
    Sure. If we ignore the other ones like Ragnarok, GotG, Infinity War, BP then there is nothing unique about any of them, at all.

Again I repeat.... 90% of the movies follow the same exact 3 act template. This is even more apparent when they have a common theme "hero's journey". That's pretty much the first thing they teach in film school.

Lastly, they're comic book movies, produced by Disney. What are you expecting to get from it, some life changing poignant message?

Edit:

Scoresese himself admitted that he hasn't seen a marvel movie in years. I may be wrong here, but I'm not sure if it's possible to critique something fairly if you haven't even experienced any part of it.
    Last edited by lefty20; 09-17-2021 at 06:55 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    I think this is what Scorsese and Denis are really mad about. That studios & audiences are less willing to give other forms of movies the same treatment, for the lack of a better word.

Name
    Dick
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Arkansas Razorbacks
    Sure. If we ignore the other ones like Ragnarok, GotG, Infinity War, BP then there is nothing unique about any of them, at all.

Again I repeat.... 90% of the movies follow the same exact 3 act template. This is even more apparent when they have a common theme "hero's journey". That's pretty much the first thing they teach in film school.

Lastly, they're comic book movies, produced by Disney. What are you expecting to get from it, some life changing poignant message?

Edit:

Scoresese himself admitted that he hasn't seen a marvel movie in years. I may be wrong here, but I'm not sure if it's possible to critique something fairly if you haven't even experienced any part of it.
    I think this is what Scorsese and Denis are really mad about. That studios & audiences are less willing to give other forms of movies the same treatment, for the lack of a better word.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    College
    Texas Longhorns

Thread Information