Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So everything I read is just a repeat of 2005-2007 when the run and gun Mavericks and Suns would have a good shooting night vs. the Spurs. "The Spurs are old" "The Spurs aren't good enough", etc. Then we proceeded to tear those franchises apart.

The Spurs have been counted out since 2006 and here they stand with the best start in franchise history 10 years later with the same core, only 1 1/2 years removed from a le.

Fudge statements all you want to make things look like you want them to look, the fact is this is only the Warriors' third win vs. the Spurs in the last 9 meetings. The Spurs were missing Duncan who at 39 years old is still one of the best defensive players in the league and still an actual All-Defensive Team player.

What makes Curry any different than Kobe, Amare Stoudemire, Shawn Marion, Dirk Nowitzki, Jason Terry, Devin Harris, Kevin Durant, LeBron James and all the other guys who at one point or another had a hot shooting night vs. the Spurs but ultimately were brought down by us while we won les?

Devin Harris was more impressive vs. the Spurs in 2006 than Curry

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't necessarily agree with you but I appreciate the confidence.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice work.

After this can you log onto your main and take Kools thread starting privileges away? Thanks in advance.

Wanted: Dead or Alive Cowboys_Wear_Spurs's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs could allow Amare to score 38 ppg and still win a series, the same can be said for GS. Let Curry have his and shut down everyone else. This is exactly the strategy that the Spurs will use against GS in the playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess I prefer your take than someone flat out saying the Spurs have no chance. However, this is just the opposite and so by definition still an extreme.

What does 2006 have to do with the 2016 Spurs and Warriors?

Regarding your last 9 meetings comment:
    1. The last 4 meetings teams are 2-2.
    2. Warriors are defending champs.
    3. Warrors are winning at an all time pace, not simply a franchise record.

I have not given up on the Spurs. They are having a stellar year and could win. But, your take is rose colored glasses.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    all these newbs reading this won't know who one of the GOAT trolls is and this is a work.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is that timvp?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We're going to have to put Green and Kawhi (whoever's not guarding Steph guards Barnes) on Steph and hide Parker on Klay Thompson. Unfortunately that could bite us in the ass. My only real worry is hiding Parker/Patty on defense. Patty SHOULD be able to stay with Barbosa.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs could allow Amare to score 38 ppg and still win a series, the same can be said for GS. Let Curry have his and shut down everyone else. This is exactly the strategy that the Spurs will use against GS in the playoffs.
    The Spurs did it the last game...Warriors starting lineup: Curry 37 points, Thompson and Green each scored 11 points, Barnes and Bogut each scored just 4...and we still lost.

Wanted: Dead or Alive Cowboys_Wear_Spurs's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs did it the last game...Warriors starting lineup: Curry 37 points, Thompson and Green each scored 11 points, Barnes and Bogut each scored just 4...and we still lost.
    No they didn't, they kept doubling and get caught on backdoor cuts. Eliminate backdoor cuts and cuts to the wing, and the Warrior offense goes stagnate. That is exactly how the Pistons beat them. Spurs didn't do that Monday night.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This s lost it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    06-07 Amare averaged 1.58 PPS which is even higher than Steph's 1.55, so not that crazy after all. But how do you shut down everyone else / know his PPS won't go up if you let off at all?

Also, add in turnovers and FT x 44% (Hollinger methodology) to get a proxy for possessions, and you get to 1.08 PPP for Amare and 1.19 for Curry. That's a more accurate representation (Amare's PPS inflated because of free throw attempts). And that's probably not fair to Curry, as he has more turnover opportunities given the position he plays. You can beat a team that's averaging 108 points per 100 possessions. You won't beat a team where someone's putting up 119.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No they didn't, they kept doubling and get caught on backdoor cuts. Eliminate backdoor cuts and cuts to the wing, and the Warrior offense goes stagnate. That is exactly how the Pistons beat them. Spurs didn't do that Monday night.
    In some of the backdoor cuts, Curry and Green were getting double teamed and passed to Livingston, you know what people say...pick your poison.

I shouldn't take things too literally but you said "shut down everyone else"...frankly, I don't expect their starters score just 10-4 points in every game of a series.

Not in POs roster NameLess Scrub's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

What makes Curry any different than Kobe, Amare Stoudemire, Shawn Marion, Dirk Nowitzki, Jason Terry, Devin Harris, Kevin Durant, LeBron James and all the other guys who at one point or another had a hot shooting night vs. the Spurs but ultimately were brought down by us while we won les?
    He makes NBA Jam shots.

There's nothing the Spurs can do. Only the Warriors can beat themselves.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    still hurts tho

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hate to quote dabom ... but

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    almost 2 seasons is people are still underestimating gsw, impressive

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder what the result would have been if we went into that game coming off a loss rather than a 13 game winning streak. Perhaps the same result if we turned it over 20+.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's like talking to a brick wall with you guys. I'm an ahole for stating the obvious just because you generic spurfans refuse to see what's right in front of your faces. The Warriors and Curry are the TRUTH. Convert my brethren to Currstianity. The Spurs have shunned you and become false prophets. They draw you in with hopes of everlasting championships. It is false hope. You've been had! You've been took! You've been hoodwinked! Bamboozled! Led astray! Run amok! You've let Pop pull the wool over your eyes!

Chillin' like a villain... TampaDude's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's like talking to a brick wall with you guys. I'm an ahole for stating the obvious just because you generic spurfans refuse to see what's right in front of your faces. The Warriors and Curry are the TRUTH. Convert my brethren to Currstianity. The Spurs have shunned you and become false prophets. They draw you in with hopes of everlasting championships. It is false hope. You've been had! You've been took! You've been hoodwinked! Bamboozled! Led astray! Run amok! You've let Pop pull the wool over your eyes!
    LOL @ "Currstianity"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thats a blasphemy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I want u same naysayers in here after we beat them in the playoffs this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL @ "Currstianity"
    Will you be baptized, brother? Recognize Kawhi as the Anti-Curry. He is a false idol. He brought down the King but only as a distraction. The one true King reigns and is blessed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I want u same naysayers in here after we beat them in the playoffs this year.
    Open your eyes, brother. Should the Spurs make it to the WCF they will be swept. I too was once shrouded in black hoping for the silver lining. My eyes are now wide open just like the basket for The Chef.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup this is a troll I called it earlier. Whatsup Lakers troll.

Thread Information