Page 44 of 53 FirstFirst ... 34404142434445464748 ... LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 1324
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs are stuck between a rock and a hard place. They have a good team albeit with a disgruntled Aldridge, but would probably be better off retooling on the fly. Problem is, it's looking less and less possible right now between Softus losing all trade value and most impact FAs wanting too much money.

To me, the biggest issue is wasting a year or prime Kawhi...But what can be done?
    That tends to happen to the majority of all players. It happened to Lebron during his first stint in Cleveland. It happened to Duncan in '01-'02 when he didn't have a roster that could compete against the Lakers. It even happened to Jordan early on in '89 and '90. Very few players are fortunate enough to have an opportunity to compete for a le every year during their prime.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I do agree on that point. Just sucks knowing the year might be punted away.

Oh well. Maybe Leonard's yearly upgrade this season will offset the fact that's he's the only legitimate star on the team.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And who could the Spurs get? It seems more and more likely that the same team is put out there next year. CP3 isn't leaving LA, and there isn't anyone else worth breaking the bank for.
    Hill can be a combo guard, which makes him more attractive to sign.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    $33M a year for George Hill? We're gonna be playing Keith Bogans and Tony Parker in a wheelchair.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hill can be a combo guard, which makes him more attractive to sign.
    So you're willing to pay as much money if not more for George Hill than a CP3 (again don't think he's coming here anyway)?

The fact that the Spurs drafted a combo guard is telling. I don't think they're going after a big name PG at this point..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you're willing to pay as much if not more for George Hill?

The fact that the Spurs drafted a combo guard is telling. I don't think they're going after a big name PG at this point..
    Hill comes in ready to play and is a big upgrade at that position compared to last year. He won't get max money this year. Who has max money and needs a point guard? I think Spurs make a run for him at a fair price. Hill's a damn good player. People forget how good he was here and he got even better.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    $33 mil per for George Hill lol!!!

i wouldn't even want the spurs giving him half of that per year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hill comes in ready to play and is a big upgrade at that position compared to last year. He won't get max money this year. Who has max money and needs a point guard? I think Spurs make a run for him at a fair price. Hill's a damn good player. People forget how good he was here and he got even better.
    He's not taking a big discount. He'll still command around 30 mill. He's worth that to you? You're blowing all that cap space on GH?

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    hill is even less of a PG than tony.

if want him over cp3... then i will definitely have some of what you're smoking.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not even the fact that he's not the superior player. It's the fact that he wants just as much money as CP3 even ON A DISCOUNT.

How is he worth it? I don't see it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's not taking a big discount. He'll still command around 30 mill. He's worth that to you? You're blowing all that cap space on GH?
    He can start asking for a lot. But if the market isn't there, then he'll have to come down on his asking price, which opens the door to more money. If he was about getting paid, he'd have just re signed with the Jazz.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This crap is going to dominate the news and cycle through a few teams. But he will re up with the Clips.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would CP3 sign for less to play with a team??

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He can start asking for a lot. But if the market isn't there, then he'll have to come down on his asking price, which opens the door to more money. If he was about getting paid, he'd have just re signed with the Jazz.
    If the market wasn't there, he wouldn't have rejected Utah's offer.

What a disappointment it would be to sign George to a 25-30 million dollar a year contract.
    Last edited by TimDunkem; 06-24-2017 at 08:48 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would Chris Paul go to the Rockets? They already have a starting PG there in James Harden.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't see cp3 going to the rockets.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NBA has gone full re if George ing Hill commands 30 million a year. NBA needs to die a horrible death in that case, so much money being paid for such a ty product.

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed and had that coward not left a top 2-4 team and put the best team out of reach, that core, combined with the right role players, might have had a shot at a championship. Now, the only chance will be to have overwhelming star power, replete with 3 and D's and mobile bigs.
    I disagree. I believe Kawhi is just that good and more playmaking by him with players that can play a role works. Millsap is legit man. He has heart. He don't care who he's playing he performs and Hill he had that game winner against the Mavericks :facepalm and played big against the Clippers when healthy. I think you underestimate Paul's ego. And someone made a good point about what if he frustrates Leonard. I just think after this Aldridge fiasco we should've learned to keep signing Spursy guys and Hill and Millsap are perfect fits. I honestly would classify that a big three. It would be way better than we have now. Hill and Millsap are best as second options and can take turns and then you have Leonard with higher usage. Hill and Millsap can take turns. Again Kawhi is just that good. He could be better than LeBron in his Prime for at least a couple seasons imo if he can effectively play make, cause he's a better shooter and better defender.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NBA has gone full re if George ing Hill commands 30 million a year. NBA needs to die a horrible death in that case, so much money being paid for such a ty product.
    The TV money has caused the contracts to go up and inflate the values of the players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A fast food burger is $7 now. It's the current market.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why do people keep throwing Hill out there? And with Millsap? You'd have to gut the team more than you'd have to for CP3.

Hill on his own is hardly affordable. Add Millsap too? Not likely.

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    cd98 makes a good point. Tell me one team that has max and needs a point. If so, none of those teams have Hill first on their list and then some, any team that's leftover probably isn't a team you want to play for.

Spurs at like 20-22 million is a great opportunity and it's better than Utah's, who will have to get through the Warriors, Spurs, Rockets and Clippers(?). You would be playing in the West Finals for the forseeable future. You come to a team you love and a organization that will appreciate you, and a coach that you got close with. And then you can sign and trade Millsap in a 3 team deal to offload LaMarcus and get the Hawks a pick which they want.

Best case scenario imo
    I'm tired of these non-spurs-like players and their drama tbh Paul doesn't fit and deep down you all know it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Every year we say that this guy or that guy won't command the money he's asking for and, every year, they do.

Hill is that guy this year. Someone will overpay for him. Dear lord, I hope it isn't the Spurs.

Thread Information