Page 253 of 491 FirstFirst ... 153203243249250251252253254255256257263303353 ... LastLast
Results 6,301 to 6,325 of 12267
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean, giving Giannis the ball 24 feet away and saying go score on the best perimeter defender of his generation seems like iffy coaching to me.

At least with Bud, it's Giannis and not Patty

Not only that it is easier to collapse the defense when they give the ball to Giannis at the 3 point line. Post him up more and when they double his teams should cut. All the Bucks do is stand around, Giannis isn't like Harden he isn't going to hold the ball for 14 seconds he is a willing passer, but there needs to be some movement on the Bucks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did the Spurs even offer the max?
    I read somewhere on this thread that some ESPN journalist reported they did in the end (I believe it was BillMc that said it). But I tried Googling said journalist and couldn't find anything.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I read somewhere on this thread that some ESPN journalist reported they did in the end (I believe it was BillMc that said it). But I tried Googling said journalist and couldn't find anything.
    That would be so stupid. Guy can't even play 100% a full season, much less a playoff run, (or one overtime game) before wincing in pain

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here and there. Not on every single possession like he has been doing all playoffs' long. Kawhi isn't a good enough playmaker to hog the ball so damn much.
    What's the the offense look like with him on and off the court? Last I seen the difference was more stark than any other player in the playoffs.

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi making you gots dance
    Sad how Kawhi on one leg is still much more efficient than a healthy DeRozan

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi is a winner tbh. He was the best player on the court in 2017 in the wcf and that was with a hobbled ankle. Now he's guarding Giannis with only one leg. Toronto is going to kick themselves if they lose for waiting to put Kawhi on Giannis.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The way Nephew is limping leaves the door open for the Spurs possibly dodging a bullet when we look back on what happened five years from now. That he's dealing with a quad issue after sitting out almost an entire season and then another season getting his load managed makes me wonder how many miles he has left. Maybe he has a low pain threshold and he's fine and just adding to the drama. Maybe his quad is almost completely done. Don't know but the last two games he's more gimpy than I've ever seen him ... yet he's still playing well.

Guess we'll eventually be able to look back on everything and have an answer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, why couldn't Kawhi gut it through for the Spurs last year?
    This is what I'm asking myself. How the does he play through pain now, but couldn't do it when he was here? Is it because it's the playoffs? Doubt so

Does anybody know if that's his tendon that he had problems with before or something else?

By the way Bucks losing to Toronto while Leonard is hobbled ain't a good sign at all

The way Nephew is limping leaves the door open for the Spurs possibly dodging a bullet when we look back on what happened five years from now. That he's dealing with a quad issue after sitting out almost an entire season and then another season getting his load managed makes me wonder how many miles he has left. Maybe he has a low pain threshold and he's fine and just adding to the drama. Maybe his quad is almost completely done. Don't know but the last two games he's more gimpy than I've ever seen him ... yet he's still playing well.

Doesn't that basically confirm that his quad injury is chronic?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brian Windhorst reported that the Spurs DID offer KL the Supermax at the end, but he turned it down. Consider the source, but it was in an ESPN article. I posted it at the time, but am too lazy to go back and look.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If this a legit injury this time, does he still get the max?
    29 teams would pay without thinking twice, especially the Warriors (if they had how to do it), only spursfans has any questions about this

Put nurse on the warriors instead of Kerr and literally nothing is different. 2 “coaches” getting carried by their players. I bet pop misses Tim
    this

PRICELESS SPURS FAN polandprzem's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I still remember Pop saying that we will make this trade great. And then I thought maybe they knew this injury is bad or knew his head was not there. idk

But he had day off between games and he came back worse. Not a good sign if you ask me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still remember Pop saying that we will make this trade great. And then I thought maybe they knew this injury is bad or knew his head was not there. idk

But he had day off between games and he came back worse. Not a good sign if you ask me.
    Can't remember who the poster was, but he said after game 3 that TOR won the battle, but may have lost the war by playing Kawhi 54 minutes. TNT was trying to spin it that he was cramping, but they may have instructions from corporate to NOT discuss the issue, from a liability standpoint. The Group could possibly sue TNT if he got bad offers after they discussed his injury on air.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't remember who the poster was, but he said after game 3 that TOR won the battle, but may have lost the war by playing Kawhi 54 minutes. TNT was trying to spin it that he was cramping, but they may have instructions from corporate to NOT discuss the issue, from a liability standpoint. The Group could possibly sue TNT if he got bad offers after they discussed his injury on air.
    yeah ok.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Man, I hope so. I need something after watching him look part Michael Jordan the last few games. It's hard to watch a great player leave your team and then dominate for another team while your team is on vacation for the rest of the year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Look, Nephew is a s bag trash human being that quit on his teammates...

But you gotta admire that he's gutting it out for a franchise that most people said he didn't give a about, has been the best player in the East and is about to drag a loser organization to the Finals (slaying two Pop disciples along the way tbh)....meanwhile Pop and RC are racking their brain on how they're going to get Patty more help

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

But you gotta admire that he's gutting it out for a franchise that most people said he didn't give a about, has been the best player in the East and is about to drag a loser organization to the Finals (slaying two Pop disciples along the way tbh)....meanwhile Pop and RC are racking their brain on how they're going to get Patty more help
    Did you have truth flakes for breakfast?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you think it was cramps? Because what I saw was him coming up lame every time he dunked or really pushed off with that leg. He was limping.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He's not doing for Toronto. He's a FA this summer, and the optics would be terrible if he weren't playing every game, normal playoff minutes. He's doing for himself, and The Group.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only difference in the piece of quitter traitor - now and when he betrayed the Spurs -

is that Canadians have BIDET'S in their houses -

so the quitter doesn't have to actually wipe his ass anymore - because he still can't.

Bucks will win the series and the quitter will betray the raps.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m really impressed with Kawhi. I didn’t think this series would last longer than 5 games. Bucks have all the pressure on them now. Let’s see how Giannis answers.

Seems like I was wrong in believing that Kawhi isn’t worth the Super-Max. And yes I’m aware I’m the only person in the world who thought that . I just thought he was like Westbrook and Harden, great players who will never lead a team to a le. And don’t bring up his Finals MVP bc he didn’t lead the Spurs in the playoffs that year, that honor still belonged to Timmy D. So I figured it isn’t worth 40 million a year for second round and conference finals exits.

Still 2 games to go and finally an exciting series.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Really? Admire that he’s actually playing for the franchise that’s paying him? Gutting it out? When your paid millions every year you better be gutting it out.

but I forgot that with kawhi it’s a special case. He doesn’t always have to play for the team that’s paying him. Only if he’s happy or willing to. Otherwise he just won’t show up. So yeah I guess it takes extra effort on his part to do what he’s doing.

but the first part of your post is spot on!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so it's his right leg and it was his right quad that he had problems with in San Antonio. I guess he still ain't fully healthy. Seems chronic which would make the Spurs diagnosis right

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so it's his right leg and it was his right quad that he had problems with in San Antonio. I guess he still ain't fully healthy. Seems chronic which would make the Spurs diagnosis right
    That is one cold hard pill to possibly swallow. Kawhi's right leg does appear to be deteriorating. He should be a level above Harden and right about a Giannis's fitness level which would make him the current best player in the world probably but I guess something so dominant wasn't meant to last that long. He still is going to be top tier for next 2 years but after that who knows with that limp.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That is one cold hard pill to possibly swallow. Kawhi's right leg does appear to be deteriorating. He should be a level above Harden and right about a Giannis's fitness level which would make him the current best player in the world probably but I guess something so dominant wasn't meant to last that long. He still is going to be top tier for next 2 years but after that who knows with that limp.
    the only difference now is he's playing through pain which is what the Spurs been advocating for, but he didn't want to do it. If this is legit it might really hinder him career wise which would be great karma

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the only difference now is he's playing through pain which is what the Spurs been advocating for, but he didn't want to do it. If this is legit it might really hinder him career wise which would be great karma
    He has to, this summer is his big payday. Once he gets paid he can go back to resting or even if he retires his contract might be guaranteed still. Insurance would probably pay the rest of it, but he would set up forever.

Unless he ruptures something and can't play he won't get the max. But since he can play through the pain he will.

Thread Information