Voters
126. You may not vote on this poll
  • They will trade up into the top 10

36 28.57%
  • They will trade down

5 3.97%
  • They will stand pat with the 11th pick

85 67.46%
  • They will trade the pick for player(s)

0 0%
Page 35 of 43 FirstFirst ... 25313233343536373839 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know...it's not the way I'd have preferred to go but it looks like we are going to trade a couple guys for a vet and he's available...and his contract expires with Aldridge and DeRozan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How can you even argue about "the slow process of decompressing and reshaping their entire organization", when that's a choice too. And frankly, one they have not really taken on. Same coach, same FO, same old veterans, same betting on on same scrubs, etc.

They are bad choices because the returns have been objectively dismal.

I can't blame them when their hand was forced (ie: Kawhi, which indeed was a big deal), but outside of that, the FO is laying in the bed they made.
    stop making sense !!!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nono, don't grade them based on results. Grade them on the basis that their logic was sound (even though it wasn't) and that they successfully drafted the most selfless franchise player in NBA history....Nono pls.
    Sticking with LMA as one of the foundations of your franchise is flawed logic, no matter how you spin that. Portland knew and let him go (cue the but, but Portland never won a ring. Neither has LMA, with or without the Spurs).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How can you even argue about "the slow process of decompressing and reshaping their entire organization", when that's a choice too. And frankly, one they have not really taken on. Same coach, same FO, same old veterans, same betting on on same scrubs, etc.

I can't blame them when their hand was forced (ie: Kawhi, which indeed was a big deal), but outside of that, the FO is laying in the bed they made.
    Exactly. They’ve done nothing and it’s their own poor decisions that have put them. It’s not all other teams “Doing nothing and getting lucky”. At a minimum they bottomed out nailed draft picks and or trades and avoided taking on untradeable contracts like Sa has failed at.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With the pandemic going on, guys on the team will probably get covid so you’ll need depth at every position

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It would fit the bill, but I really think with all the Injuries and shake ups going on, the le is up for grabs.

Someone is going to think they can make a run and look at DDR and LMA and think they can push them over the line. DDR especially, with his expiring contract.

I have a feeling someone will gamble under pressure this year.
    Nets, Bucks are already gunning for GM of the year / offseason awards tbh. Spurs are in the typical Holting Pattern (tm). Sleepy team from sleepy town in South TX doing sleepy things, per par

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Literally the exact opposite. I want them to bottom out and sell off the non next 2 year parts for as many shots in the draft as possible. I’m fine being bad for years to come until we find or MEM DAL PHX NO foundation
    So if you had the choice of being mediocre then a contender or being horrible and then a contender in the same length of time, you'd pick the latter? I doubt it. I think you truly believe that getting bad is the faster way to improve, and that's clearly not what any of those teams actually tried to do. They all tried to be good teams for years and just sucked at it. Very few teams actually build the way you want the the Spurs to. The Hinkie Sixers are probably the best example. I would hate that, but to each their own. However, the Spurs choosing to ferment rather than distill isn't a right/wrong thing. It's just a different philosophy than the one you have. Them doing something you don't want isn't the same thing as them doing something bad. That's why I said we believed they "suck" for different reasons. I think they've failed to take a couple of calculated risks I wanted them to try to better play the middle. You think failing to take an extreme position on their roster direction is a sign of incompetence.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We can't edit posts now? timvp, what the hermano?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly. They’ve done nothing and it’s their own poor decisions that have put them. It’s not all other teams “Doing nothing and getting lucky”. At a minimum they bottomed out nailed draft picks and or trades and avoided taking on untradeable contracts like Sa has failed at.
    There's clearly allergy from this FO to blow it up. And so we're stuck in this mode where you're middle-bottom of the pack which doesn't help your picks and it doesn't let you rebuild either.

It's the worst place to be in this league, IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sticking with LMA as one of the foundations of your franchise is flawed logic, no matter how you spin that. Portland knew and let him go (cue the but, but Portland never won a ring. Neither has LMA, with or without the Spurs).
    Not sure if the Blazers are the model of decision making tbh. Btw Spurs went to the conference finals and had a punchers chance before injury/ies took them out, with LMA as a key piece. Portland has been a one man show and nothing more since. It's telling that Dame wants LMA back publicly

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We can't edit posts now? timvp, what the hermano?
    Noticed this earlier too. Whats the deal?

Edit: now I can

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol being named "Scrubb".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs have choices all the time. Now, after the draft, there will be another choice to see if these picks see any floor time, how much, and how quickly they can elevate the franchise's game.

Hopefully they're given a chance in their first season.
    They'll be give plenty of minutes.

in the G League.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Noticed this earlier too. Whats the deal?

Edit: now I can
    Looks like you can only do it up to a minute after you post.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Spurs fo has the stank on it since the kawhi fiasco. Straight up screwed themselves into a corner with derozan and lma as their "assets"

lol possibly getting only pick 29 for lma,kawhi&ddr

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So if you had the choice of being mediocre then a contender or being horrible and then a contender in the same length of time, you'd pick the latter? I doubt it. I think you truly believe that getting bad is the faster way to improve, and that's clearly not what any of those teams actually tried to do. They all tried to be good teams for years and just sucked at it. Very few teams actually build the way you want the the Spurs to. The Hinkie Sixers are probably the best example. I would hate that, but to each their own. However, the Spurs choosing to ferment rather than distill isn't a right/wrong thing. It's just a different philosophy than the one you have. Them doing something you don't want isn't the same thing as them doing something bad. That's why I said we believed they "suck" for different reasons. I think they've failed to take a couple of calculated risks I wanted them to try to better play the middle. You think failing to take an extreme position on their roster direction is a sign of incompetence.
    I don't think we have to be as bad as the hinkie sixers myself but , I do look at this team with alot of young wings who got experience and played fairly solid without LMA and I think we are mediocre next year with or without the Vets. So logically it makes sense to trade them for picks (especially future picks because we have so many guys coming up for contracts at similar times). At the very least we should have moved one of DD or LMA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is. Taking Derozan is incompetent. Signing Carroll is incompetent. Not making any moves to correct mistakes or even take advantage of possible value is incompetent. Mis reading market for Mills and CP3 is incompetent.

Not playing youth over Beli and Mills and Forbes is incompetent.

Not trading Ddr when he might have had value is incompetent. Not moving LMA is incompetent.

It all is and again results: Spurs are now firmly behind now/future of not only majority of their division but the west as a whole.

Spurs WOULDNT BE GOING PHILLY by cutting ties with LMA or ddr. It’s why they are not being extended and will walk for nothing.

And yeah, getting top 4 picks is the best shot at a cornerstone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How can you even argue about "the slow process of decompressing and reshaping their entire organization", when that's a choice too.
    Um, that being a choice was exactly the point I was making. Not liking how they choose to rebuild is different than thinking they're rebuilding objectively wrongly.

And frankly, one they have not really taken on. Same coach, same FO, same old veterans, same betting on on same scrubs, etc.
    I mean, they've only been at it for two years now. They were in full contender swing in 2018. If they had a bunch of different players and such, that would be a "fast process of decompressing and reshaping their entire organization)."

Depends on what you're talking about. Like Carroll? Yes. Bad choice. Never defended it. It would've been defensible had Pop not shown such a clear and immediate distaste for him. But like the slow decline of the team isn't a dismal result if the goal is to decline slowly. It's, like, the intended result.

I mean I think you can blame them for the Kawhi trade more than you can for a number of other things you probably want to put on the list.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure if the Blazers are the model of decision making tbh. Btw Spurs went to the conference finals and had a punchers chance before injury/ies took them out, with LMA as a key piece. Portland has been a one man show and nothing more since. It's telling that Dame wants LMA back publicly
    That team had Kawhi (injured), Manu, Parker. Completely different team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Surprised Paul Reed hasnt been drafted

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And who cares if other teams sucked at being mediocre? They ended up bad and bottomed out which proved it is the best way to be bad. Who cares if it was an accident?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tre Jones is everything people wish Mills and Forbes were. He is a LEGIT PG. One of the best defenders in the class and has great awareness. Oh yea, he can shoot too.

This is literally what everyone complained was a weakness the spurs had. They just addressed it.

We drafted two of the best defenders in the draft that have a ton of fight, can shoot and have high court awareness. Glaring weaknesses in the spurs team right now.

Great Draft. If Keldon and White are those two pieces, with Lonnie as a wildcard, these two fit in well with them.

Eubanks plays well with the young guys, not anything special but you can get by for now as a rotation big. Poeltl wasnt bad, just wasnt great. With
    LMA and DDR up for grabs, spurs are in a pretty good position moving forward to build something solid.

They're getting young, athletic, feisty, and defensive.

These are great picks. You cant fix an entire team in one offseason. They made positive moves so far with trades incoming.
    I like the Tre Jones pick and I agree with what you said. Problem is Tre has to unseat Pop's pet Patty. Unless Mills is traded I don't see that happening anytime soon. If they resign Mills next year I don't think Tre plays 20 games on this team the entire time he is here.

I would have been fine giving Quindary some burn at backup point guard but he didn't get a chance to play until the bubble when the spurs just didn't play Patty...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why is everybody acting as if we can't trade DeRozan, Aldridge, Mills and Gay during the season?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That team had Kawhi (injured), Manu, Parker. Completely different team.
    It's not LMA's fault Pop featured Mills./Forbes/Beli when he had LWIV/White/Murray. Also not LMA's fault it took Pop 40-50 games to start playing Murray/White backcourt and figure out his lineups

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like the Tre Jones pick Problem is
    He's probably not a bad player. Just not a needle mover from the profile. But PATFO maybe sees developing him into what they saw Murray should have become. A defensive pest who could actually play PG.

I see him turning into a Trey Lyles/ Jacque Vaughn type of PG. Steady but unspectacular. But what else can you expect reasonably from a 2nd round PG.

I just would have liked the 7 footer with 7'6" wingspan dude from Kentucky picked right after him (even if he is 22. I mean White wad picked on his like 38th birthday IIRC).

I would have been fine giving Quindary some burn at backup point guard but he didn't get a chance to play until the bubble when the spurs just didn't play Patty
    From those games it seemed PATFO completely gave up on Queen Dairy

Thread Information