Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shocker. League-leader in Steals and Steals Per Game is robbed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a joke!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    JJ Jr first team is a joke. Dude can't stop fouling out. They put all of one guard on the first team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    smh

2004-2005 NBA Champions Barfunk's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    B.S.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what a joke

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    then u have the aussie chump giddey who didnt make all rookie team who won plenty of rookie of the month awards...lol

anyway popularity contest

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who are these 17 people who picked Van Fleet over Murray????

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Media trying to let Murray know he won't get accolades in SA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is what happens when awards are given by votes from the media.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kobe Bryant making the All Defensive First team 9 times vs. Tim Duncan making it 8 tells you all you need to know. Tim Duncan had 20 rebounds and 10 blocks in Finals closeout game for fk sake. Again, just making a point about the bias. Probably big reason why Kwahi weaseled his way outta here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The players selected are key for top teams with elite ratings. The Spurs were 16th as a team, so that’s slightly worse than average. Basically Murray and Jakob weren’t enough to make the Spurs a better than average team on D. He’s also getting lit up by elite talents and is not a defensive stopper that you stick on the teams best player which is how some defensive wings started to get renown.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even VanFleet got more votes than DJ

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No MIP, no All-Defensive, no max . Will see a beast mode from DJ next season

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is DJ at the gym yet?

As Spurs fan, you’d love Spurs players to get some love out there. But personally, this is just adding more to this kid’s belly. I think Spurs fans will see another big leap from DJ this coming season. Bulk up a little more to absorb contacts around the rim. This kid is going to be even hungrier

Maybe these snubs is a blessing in disguise for us fans, for DJ not to settle for relatively small achievements. It’s time to hit the weights some more. Get even more better. Let’s go DJ!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^^

And I wonder if these ulative disses will eventually force Murray to request a trade or sign elsewhere on his next contract so he gets a bit more recognition.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^^

And I wonder if these ulative disses will eventually force Murray to request a trade or sign elsewhere on his next contract so he gets a bit more recognition.
    I was cruising I-35 back there, until I hit a big rig with no tail lights

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good. I hope DJM takes it hard and gets better still.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe everyone who voted watches Murray get lit up by Memphis and Ja.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^^

ohhh nooo, how will we ever recover without Dejounte Murray.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean Duncan never won a DPOY award despite only 3 times is his entire career being outside the top 5 in team defense. Somehow Dwight won it 4 times.

I always thought you had to have 2 guards per team. I guess not. And it’s embarrassing to see Gobert make 1st team every year just for him to be unplayable in the post season. I know post season lack of success has zero to do with this award but like how does he keep making this team and then just s the bed every year in the POs.

DJ is deserving of this award. More so than Holiday. But nobody watches the Spurs so I don’t expect him to get any recognition. It’s on the franchise to make our team watchable to the media again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ohhh nooo, how will we ever recover without Dejounte Murray.
    Not saying you can't, either via platoon or by getting fortunate in the draft, but to brush it off as though losing a guy that averaged close to 22/8/8 and was a borderline all-defensive player, that seems short-sighted.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not saying you can't, either via platoon or by getting fortunate in the draft, but to brush it off as though losing a guy that averaged close to 22/8/8 and was a borderline all-defensive player, that seems short-sighted.
    Westbroook was averaging a triple double for 3 or 4 seasons and lead a Oklahoma team to the playoffs and i still think he is and always was a cancer... Murray is a good player, but if we ever wanna be serious team, he would need to be a third option. Thats why i hate that we did not tank as we should. ing Warriors tanked twice in the mean time. The spurs are just a team that has no idea what they are or wanna be.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean Duncan never won a DPOY award despite only 3 times is his entire career being outside the top 5 in team defense. Somehow Dwight won it 4 times.

I always thought you had to have 2 guards per team. I guess not. And it’s embarrassing to see Gobert make 1st team every year just for him to be unplayable in the post season. I know post season lack of success has zero to do with this award but like how does he keep making this team and then just s the bed every year in the POs.

DJ is deserving of this award. More so than Holiday. But nobody watches the Spurs so I don’t expect him to get any recognition. It’s on the franchise to make our team watchable to the media again.

Definitely a sign of the pre-analytics times... Timmy led the NBA in defensive win shares 5x and in defensive rating 4x. If impact stats had been more advanced at the time, he most likely would've won multiple DPOYs.

Thread Information