Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    be off and running in no time

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The man knows his old time Christmas specials.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

View originalFlag media

dylan
    Dylangonzalez21
    1h
    only caught the highlights but Primo is awesome and super entertaining and i'm excited that is all

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Already better defender than Forbes and Walker, two guys he'll be competing with for time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

View originalFlag media

dylan
    Dylangonzalez21
    1h
    only caught the highlights but Primo is awesome and super entertaining and i'm excited that is all
    ting on the doubters

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We haven’t even seen Primo as a spot up shooter yet… one of his known strengths. His scoring is going to go through the roof once he can take plays off looking for his hot spots and letting another guard feed him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We haven’t even seen Primo as a spot up shooter yet… one of his known strengths. His scoring is going to go through the roof once he can take plays off looking for his hot spots and letting another guard feed him.
    Yup exactly why he needs to play with the main squad so they can have DJ and Derrick slashing to the hoop and kicking it to him and knocking down open shots. I don’t want him at all in the G-League.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t want to do to him what his last team did just go to corner and shoot the three ball - I am cool with him playing in G League and letting him be the leader and expand on his playmaking/PG duties even if he is not our PG of the future the experience in handling the ball will be a huge help to him in the following seasons - We can still call him up to get playing time as needed to give him some perspective of the NBA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t want to do to him what his last team did just go to corner and shoot the three ball - I am cool with him playing in G League and letting him be the leader and expand on his playmaking/PG duties even if he is not our PG of the future the experience in handling the ball will be a huge help to him in the following seasons - We can still call him up to get playing time as needed to give him some perspective of the NBA
    i wasnt saying to eliminate all playmaking duties, just that he’s so versatile that giving him opportunities to do other things can make him a well rounded player, especially if he’s allowed to work off-ball and get on fire from spot up opportunities.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vassell looks thicker
    Are you gay ?

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Primo has modern NBA moves. He fine tunes his moves a little bit more, and we have ourselves a top flight scorer.
    imo Primo's age shows in this regard. Someone like Duarte was already Primo's age when Curry started taking over, and his style was likely largely set by then. Primo himself, by contrast, was only 12 and just starting to develop his moves at that time.

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i wasnt saying to eliminate all playmaking duties, just that he’s so versatile that giving him opportunities to do other things can make him a well rounded player, especially if he’s allowed to work off-ball and get on fire from spot up opportunities.
    Spurstalk: I wanted Moses Moody.. Who asked for this ing baby?

Also Spurstalk: He's MY kid and I think we should raise him this way!

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A year and a half from now, Vassell, Primo, and Keldon on the court at the same time is going to be sexy as .

Slashing and splashing, baby.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks Bro.

Kinda worried about Wieskamp. If he can't get open, he's not gonna stick in the NBA.

Was hoping Vassell would show deep shooting. But Primo is something to be really happy about.
    Wieskamp is quick enough to get free if he wanted. I’d say the lack of bigs setting screens off the ball and Vassell and Primo not really being PG weren’t going to get shots for an off ball player like that. The rest of the team is really bad and guys can barely dribble without turning it over or make plays for others. The game was more like a pick up game. Vassell also dominated the ball on stretches and went iso without looking to create for teammates.

The coaches never called plays to get the guy free either. I noticed for example that the Memphis coach called plays to get shots for McDermott a 3 pt shooter they have, in fact sometimes guys were called for moving screens, but they were trying to run sets. The Spurs didn’t seem interested in that kind of action. A big part of that has to be coaching.

Having said that, he may well suck, it’s just difficult to judge in this setting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wieskamp is quick enough to get free if he wanted. I’d say the lack of bigs setting screens off the ball and Vassell and Primo not really being PG weren’t going to get shots for an off ball player like that. The rest of the team is really bad and guys can barely dribble without turning it over or make plays for others. The game was more like a pick up game. Vassell also dominated the ball on stretches and went iso without looking to create for teammates.

The coaches never called plays to get the guy free either. I noticed for example that the Memphis coach called plays to get shots for McDermott a 3 pt shooter they have, in fact sometimes guys were called for moving screens, but they were trying to run sets. The Spurs didn’t seem interested in that kind of action.

Having said that, he may well suck, it’s just difficult to judge in this setting. There were many times the ball wasn’t moving at all. Primo is ok for an 18 year old but he’s no PG either and his dribble is loose, plus he doesn’t have much burst. Most of his damage was with his jumpshot. I’d say unfair to judge Wieskamp in that setting, but he’s not the kind of guy that will make plays off the dribble so he looked like nobody in a loose pick up game atmosphere without a true PG.

Cheers for the break down. We'll see what the future holds for our newest draft picks!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup exactly why he needs to play with the main squad so they can have DJ and Derrick slashing to the hoop and kicking it to him and knocking down open shots. I don’t want him at all in the G-League.
    Been saying that myself.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What shoes are Vassell and Primo wearing?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Already better defender than Forbes and Walker, two guys he'll be competing with for time.
    True but my Grandma is a better defender than Forbes lol.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trying to understand if a Murray and a Primo can start on a future Spurs team. Are they redundant or complimentary

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    True but my Grandma is a better defender than Forbes lol.
    How's her jumpshot? Will she sign for the Midlevel exception?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How's her jumpshot? Will she sign for the Midlevel exception?
    Why would she when she's gonna be glued to the bench behind Forbes? Granma's got better things to do with her time, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just two summer league games but I would love to hear the draft experts that criticized the spurs for taking Primo at 12. Bill simmons and Ryan Russello drilled the spurs on their podcast and totally clowned them for the pick
    most people didn't have a problem with the pick, they had a problem with not trading down to pick him. I always give the Spurs the benefit of the doubt when it comes to drafting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    even Desmond Bane was impressed with this kid. And Bane is an NBA player. You could tell by his body language that he respects Primo's game and he even said it in the interview. This kid is special. Can definitely develop into a 20 PPG scorer

Thread Information