Page 58 of 62 FirstFirst ... 848545556575859606162 LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 1547
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They cut jaren Jackson and ate $3M and that was 20 years ago.

People are getting cut or traded just to make a 15 man roster.

Hutchinson is 4 million, Aminu would be 10

they cut DeMarre Carroll and ate ... what? 10 million? I don't remember but it was a lot.
    I think they are still paying Demarre Carrol this year, but you're right someone will be cut and their salary will be eaten. I don't believe the spurs have another trade left in them to get rid of some salary unless they take some back. Some difficult salary decisions are definitely coming up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like with Lonnie, I'm not getting to attached to the idea of him being on the 15 man roster on opening night. Filler in a trade or just cut.

Not saying I agree with it, I'd like to see him get some legit chances. But I'm not counting on it.
    much more likely to be ibcluded in a trade than just cut

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They cut jaren Jackson and ate $3M and that was 20 years ago.

People are getting cut or traded just to make a 15 man roster.

Hutchinson is 4 million, Aminu would be 10

they cut DeMarre Carroll and ate ... what? 10 million? I don't remember but it was a lot.
    think it was 7.5 stretched over 3 yrs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    think it was 7.5 stretched over 3 yrs.
    Right, but he was cut like halfway through the first season. Add that half season they ate in year 1 and it might be about 10

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kirilenko had multiple (3) 5X5 games. The only other player with more than 1 is Hakeem, with 6. Luka just would never be the defender needed to generate 5 steals and 5 blocks in one game. His development has been a bit slow, but if I have one REAL disappointment with him, it’s the fact that he’s an outrageous athlete, but doesn’t create defensive events. He should be a shot blocker at 6’10” with a 38” vert, but he isn’t.
    I see your point but he really just has average arm length which always impacts blocks. Also to get blocks you have to not play it safe on defense I think he was just focusing on playing solid stay in front of your man defense for the most part.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This group is delusional. Luka isn’t Metu. That was an entirely different kind of project. They’re not adding him as filler(unless it’s franchise altering) or cutting him. He could have an identical season with minimal progress and he’ll be back for a third year.

They’ve put more time and exercised more patience with lessor prospects.

He’s most definitely viewed as a long term investment. This guy would have to the bed in biblical proportions or have some kind of public meltdown or run in with the law for him to be released.

This type of conversation would be much more relevant if he shows no progress this upcoming season.
    Agreed

Spurs love forever RobinsontoDuncan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I get that fans want instant results, but this board and spurs fans on Twitter seem to have a unique dislike of Luka and it never made sense to me.

When he was drafted everyone said that Luka was going to be a 2 to 3 year project. People have seemingly forgotten that, when drafted, Luka looked just slightly bigger than Poku. He was a raw prospect. Nevertheless, he showed impressive skills in his first summer league, put up similar numbers to Lonnie Walker and Dejounte Murray in his first (pandemic shortened) year in Austin as a number 2 option behind KJ (who we all knew was further along in his development at the time they were drafted). Then he showed up to training camp last year much more confident, got good reviews from his teammates, and was the best player on our G League team, showing significant development on his offensive and defensive game.

He then got called up to the big club where he had some strong games during a COVID and injury crisis before getting sparse minutes the rest of the season. This is a pretty typical Spurs progression, and pretty much what everyone said was going to happen when he was drafted. Why are people saying there’s something wrong with Luka?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I get that fans want instant results, but this board and spurs fans on Twitter seem to have a unique dislike of Luka and it never made sense to me.

When he was drafted everyone said that Luka was going to be a 2 to 3 year project. People have seemingly forgotten that, when drafted, Luka looked just slightly bigger than Poku. He was a raw prospect. Nevertheless, he showed impressive skills in his first summer league, put up similar numbers to Lonnie Walker and Dejounte Murray in his first (pandemic shortened) year in Austin as a number 2 option behind KJ (who we all knew was further along in his development at the time they were drafted). Then he showed up to training camp last year much more confident, got good reviews from his teammates, and was the best player on our G League team, showing significant development on his offensive and defensive game.

He then got called up to the big club where he had some strong games during a COVID and injury crisis before getting sparse minutes the rest of the season. This is a pretty typical Spurs progression, and pretty much what everyone said was going to happen when he was drafted. Why are people saying there’s something wrong with Luka?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Time to put up or shut up. No more excuses for this guy at this point. Every young player has gotten better and taken advantage of their opportunities except Luka.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Time to put up or shut up. No more excuses for this guy at this point. Every young player has gotten better and taken advantage of their opportunities except Luka.
    What opportunities? He was balling when allowed to play and Pop sent him to then bench.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cough - Walker still can’t figure out defensive rotations or finish at the rim - Keeping It Real

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What opportunities? He was balling when allowed to play and Pop sent him to then bench.
    Looking lost and robotic is balling now? Whenever Pop put him in the game he looked lost and brought no energy to the court.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cough - Walker still can’t figure out defensive rotations or finish at the rim - Keeping It Real
    Walker's finishing is a huge pet peeve of mine but at least he is active on the court and has shown the ability to score at the NBA level. Luka hasn't shown us anything outside of the G League in 2 years.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude he hasn’t hardly played that is not his fault. Lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SO you like to evaluate players based off 5 minutes end of game trash time. When Pop finally game him meaningful minutes he was rocking it. Now, you may not like Luca as a person for whatever reasons, but you have very narrow vision when it comes time to analyze what he can do on the court with meaningful minutes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He has potential. I remember him locking up Julius randle once

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looking lost and robotic is balling now? Whenever Pop put him in the game he looked lost and brought no energy to the court.
    He had several great games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

is it really expecting instant results to have hoped for the guy to at least become a rotation player during his second season?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He had several great games.
    He had a few solid games. Not sure I'd label anything we've seen from Luka as "great" yet. Rooting for the kid though. Hope he gets so real burn this year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He had a few solid games. Not sure I'd label anything we've seen from Luka as "great" yet. Rooting for the kid though. Hope he gets so real burn this year
    They’re probably talking about Doncic. Atleast I hope so bc if we our Luka is the standard for greatness then we are ed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They’re probably talking about Doncic. Atleast I hope so bc if we our Luka is the standard for greatness then we are ed
    Call me idiot…
    Against Randle he was great, period.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let him get Walker’s minutes of last year, then we’ll know what we have. He’s looked lost in trash minutes and fairly good in real minutes. This is more about Pop and his expectations than anything about Luka’s capabilities.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Call me idiot…
    Against Randle he was great, period.
    He had a good game. Probably the best of his career. But if I’m basing him off of that one game then there’s zero reason he shouldn’t play like that every night. But I don’t base him off that one game and neither do you. Bc if you really did you would say he underachieved. He played like a lot.

The dude is a bust, a waste of a draft pick, it happens. No big deal but let’s not act like he isn’t a scrub. Doncic plays great. He does it consistently and leads his team to the playoffs practically by himself. Sammich watches our games instead of playing them. And I don’t blame Pop for this one.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He had a good game. Probably the best of his career. But if I’m basing him off of that one game then there’s zero reason he shouldn’t play like that every night. But I don’t base him off that one game and neither do you. Bc if you really did you would say he underachieved. He played like a lot.

The dude is a bust, a waste of a draft pick, it happens. No big deal but let’s not act like he isn’t a scrub. Doncic plays great. He does it consistently and leads his team to the playoffs practically by himself. Sammich watches our games instead of playing them. And I don’t blame Pop for this one.
    Whenever he got any meaningful minutes he had a positive impact. Even playing primarily garbage time he had one of the best defensive ratings on the team. To not put a load of the blame on Pop is shortsighted. Luka’s biggest issue IMO has been that his at ude is always compared to KJ because they were drafted together. Obviously KJ’s motor is elite and everyone else on the team will fail that test.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he was at times the best defender on the court last season in the few minutes he got. which should tell you something

Thread Information