Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so many triggered gots in here. Never change, ST.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This current lineup isn't realistic at the beginning of the season.

The lineup to start should have been:

White
    Murray
    DeRozan
    Lyles(?) (I don't remember if he started the season with us. If not, Carroll)
    Aldridge

Mills
    Walker
    Gay
    Poeltl

9 man rotation to start

Then, as the season progresses, you include Keldon. In my ideal World Keldon would be starting over Murray to finish the season. So it leaves:

White
    Keldon
    DeRozan
    Lyles
    Aldridge

Mills
    Murray
    Walker
    Gay
    Poeltl

I think the team would have started slow, with chemistry issues, but as the season developed they would have started to get their together. By the second half of the season, with Keldon already in the lineup, the team would have found its groove and became a much better team.

Probably still no more than 8th seed, with a few games over .500.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anywhere from 45-55 wins though on paper better than last year's team.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I doubt KJ would be this good at the beginning of the season he was just getting used to the league. And others were coming off injuries. White, as I recall, had foot problems (though maybe it was later, I forget)

White should have been starting Game 1. He'd earned it. I don't think it did his confidence any good to find himself coming off the bench after the way he played last season.

Nobody knows how KJ would have been at the start. He was better off playing 30 minutes in the G-League instead of 5 minutes in SA, that's for sure. Maybe less than 5 minutes. Remember the first 16 times he got called up, he got DNP'd 12 of them, and averaged about 3 minutes in the others. He was lighting up regularly in Austin, and there were nights I really think he could have stopped the bleeding in SA if Pop had just put him in the games. The team played incredibly soft, and that's one thing Keldon isn't. A defensive boost in just a couple of 4th quarters would have put this team into the playoffs.

And that doesn't even count the inexplicable refusal to put White and Murray on the floor at the same time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bubble team is definitely better ... i am just unsure if I would prefer to have LMA instead of Demar.
    Our defense and spacing would be better with LMA, but only if he gets a certain amount of shots which might effect Derrick White more negatively than it does with Demar instead.

Thread Information