Houston Rockets
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    What's the NBA gonna do? "Basketball reasons" Koonie back to Toronto?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    What's the NBA gonna do? "Basketball reasons" Koonie back to Toronto?
    Void his contract.

My Team
    Oklahoma City Thunder
    Post Count
    Even if they get penalized the maximum amount, it’s still completely worth it. I’d kill for the Mavs to get a superstar free agent and only get penalized 10 mil and some worthless picks.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even if they get penalized the maximum amount, it’s still completely worth it. I’d kill for the Mavs to get a superstar free agent and only get penalized 10 mil and some worthless picks.
    the Minnesota basketball franchise has never had a chance since Stern dismantled them by taking away all their draft picks for 5 years. Poor Garnett, tbh; at least he got a ring in Boston after all. Happy mother's day, mother er.

My Team
    Oklahoma City Thunder
    Post Count
    the Minnesota basketball franchise has never had a chance since Stern dismantled them by taking away all their draft picks for 5 years. Poor Garnett, tbh; at least he got a ring in Boston after all. Happy mother's day, mother er.
    What in the are you even talking about?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Void his contract.
    That's what I"m hoping for. If it gets voided I see Kawhi signing with the Knicks which will be very comical to watch.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    That's what I"m hoping for. If it gets voided I see Kawhi signing with the Knicks which will be very comical to watch.
    He'll probably sign with the Heat tbh.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    #Heatles2.0

Believe.
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Joe Smith negotiated a side deal with the Minnesota Timberwolves, then fired his agent. Said agent then sued Joe Smith and the details got into the media. The agent also had proof in writing. The league then voided Joe Smith's contract and made the T-Wolves forfeit five 1st round draft picks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    'slob you might want to change your OKC avatar.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Plus, didn't the Clippers send a scout to all of the Raptors games? Might not mean much but could be related to Uncle Dennis and all his shady shenanigans.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Plus, didn't the Clippers send a scout to all of the Raptors games? Might not mean much but could be related to Uncle Dennis and all his shady shenanigans.
    Did the Lakers send a scout to all the Memphis Grizzleys games when they were seeking a #1 player?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Did the Lakers send a scout to all the Memphis Grizzleys games when they were seeking a #1 player?
    Npe. They probably did an analysis on their books. Mitch was like, they losing, they losing money, and their franchise player was unhappy.

The rest was history

Believe.
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Uh oh. Apparently Jerry West left a voice-mail . . .

https://www.tmz.com/2020/12/18/jerry...ron-james-nba/

TMZ Sports has obtained the voicemail -- in which a man who sounds like West says, "Hey there, this is Jerry calling. I really want to thank you a lot for trying to help. I heard this morning that everyone over in the Lakers camp thinks they're gonna get him."
    "I just find it hard to believe that he would want to go to that sh*t show where he would not even be ... wouldn't even get his name in the paper and he wouldn't be the face of the franchise that's for sure."
    "He might be the best player on the team, but hope things are well and again, I really really appreciate everything you've done."

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Joe Smith negotiated a side deal with the Minnesota Timberwolves, then fired his agent. Said agent then sued Joe Smith and the details got into the media. The agent also had proof in writing. The league then voided Joe Smith's contract and made the T-Wolves forfeit five 1st round draft picks.
    And he wasn't even that good
    Twolves

My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count
    Is there more to that voicemail? Does it have a date it was recorded? Not sure there’s anything illegal there. He thanks the guy for helping but doesn’t mention reimbursement ($2.5 or other).

More embarrassing than illegal.

Just read the article and the voicemail was left July 1st. Unless he has something before that Leonard was a free agent and it wouldn’t be considered tampering right? Not sure taking that guy and his friend to dinner is illegal?
    Last edited by loveforthegame; 12-18-2020 at 01:16 PM.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Uh oh. Apparently Jerry West left a voice-mail . . .

https://www.tmz.com/2020/12/18/jerry...ron-james-nba/

TMZ Sports has obtained the voicemail -- in which a man who sounds like West says, "Hey there, this is Jerry calling. I really want to thank you a lot for trying to help. I heard this morning that everyone over in the Lakers camp thinks they're gonna get him."
    "I just find it hard to believe that he would want to go to that sh*t show where he would not even be ... wouldn't even get his name in the paper and he wouldn't be the face of the franchise that's for sure."
    "He might be the best player on the team, but hope things are well and again, I really really appreciate everything you've done."

at Clipper Nation

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's a possibility. Still I can't see it working out for him long term with the Heat. Jimmy Butler will eventually butt heads with him over load management. Riley also doesn't bend over for anybody which was the reason why Lebron left.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    That's a possibility. Still I can't see it working out for him long term with the Heat. Jimmy Butler will eventually butt heads with him over load management. Riley also doesn't bend over for anybody which was the reason why Lebron left.
    Wade's athleticism was fading and Uncle Drew was an up and coming star were more likely reasons why he bolted tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well to be fair it was a show back then

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can't forget Mickey Arison having Mike Miller cut to save a few million after all three of James, Wade, and Bosh took paycuts to facilitate the signing of Miller. No way LeBron wouldn't have taken that as a huge insult.

Thread Information