Page 15 of 101 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    timvp - remember my question a few days ago and you said ask you in a week? How’s your faith in the FO now?
    Both teams played hard.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess some of the other deals handed out have been even worse, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Evan Massey @massey_evan
    33s
    Patty Mills is receiving a TON of interest from both the #Lakers and #Warriors, but source says the #Celtics are still in on him as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The FO needs a complete overhaul. I was already leaning that way but was waiting to see what they could do with this new flexibility and it was way worse than I could have thought.

Obvious missteps and same old lack of creativity and stupid roster building.

They all need to go. Pop, RC and Wright are not good at their jobs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Evan Massey @massey_evan
    33s
    Patty Mills is receiving a TON of interest from both the #Lakers and #Warriors, but source says the #Celtics are still in on him as well.

So warriors and lakers offering the vet minimum?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The FO needs a complete overhaul. I was already leaning that way but was waiting to see what they could do with this new flexibility and it was way worse than I could have thought.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Adrian Wojnarowski @wojespn
    now
    Free agent C Daniel Theis has agreed to a four-year, $36M deal to join the Houston Rockets, his agents Michael Tellem and Aaron Mintz of @CAA_Basketball tell ESPN.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

now
    Free agent C Daniel Theis has agreed to a four-year, $36M deal to join the Houston Rockets, his agents Michael Tellem and Aaron Mintz of @CAA_Basketball tell ESPN.

Thank god we got mcdermoot

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I mean this has been apparent for a while, especially when they paid for the privilege of Masai bending them over en route to a championship

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

1m
    Free agent C Cody Zeller has agreed to a one-year deal with the Portland Trail Blazers, his agent Sam Goldfeder of @excelbasketball tells ESPN.

Chris Haynes
    ChrisBHaynes
    54s
    Free agent forward Trey Lyles has reached an agreement with the Detroit Pistons on a two-year, $5 million deal, CEO @RichPaul4 of @KlutchSports tells @YahooSports.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

1m
    Free agent C Cody Zeller has agreed to a one-year deal with the Portland Trail Blazers, his agent Sam Goldfeder of @excelbasketball tells ESPN.

Chris Haynes
    ChrisBHaynes
    54s
    Free agent forward Trey Lyles has reached an agreement with the Detroit Pistons on a two-year, $5 million deal, CEO @RichPaul4 of @KlutchSports tells @YahooSports.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Time to rage tweet homie!
    Done

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No matter where you stand on the most recent signings, this made me laugh...
    https://sports.yahoo.com/report-spur...235912845.html

There has been speculation San Antonio – which ended a 22-year postseason streak by missing the playoffs for consecutive years for the first time in franchise history – would rebuild. But teams generally don’t enter rebuilds by signing a 29-year-old to a three-year, $42 million contract.
    McDermott will provide much-needed shooting. However, he provides no playmaking and is a minus defender.
    Collins, 23, fits more of a long-term vision. He at least doesn’t fit in the present after yet another ankle surgery earlier this summer. Which makes this price surprisingly high. The Trail Blazers didn’t even tender him a $7,031,451 qualifying offer to make him restricted.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd rather roll the dice on Collins at 3/22 than Theis at 4/36, assuming the rumors that SA was in on Theis are actually true.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    they are tanking, and rebuilding in three years. They had to spend their money some where. Welcome to sa mcdermoot and big zach. Just dont resign derozan and continue the treadmill
    They are not taking. Tanking teams don’t sign 29 year old mediocre players to 42M deals. They are treading water trying not to bottom out while still not really trying to make the playoffs by trading the youth/picks to really improve.

They got no better, no worse and yet spent the money.

You do not have to spend the money just because you have it. At least you do not have to sign these types to multiple years. Sign one year deals only. Or take on bad deals for draft picks.

This is complete and utter incompetence on full display.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Save your money and tank. Take on bad deals for picks. Anything but this.
    Its still early and we don't have the specifics on the deals yet. But I'm cool with saving the rest and tanking if we miss out on John Collins.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Shams Charania
    ShamsCharania
    14s
    Free agent swingman Reggie Bullock has agreed to a three-year, $30.5 million deal with the Dallas Mavericks, his agent David Bauman of @ISEBasketball tells @TheAthletic @Stadium.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its still early and we don't have the specifics on the deals yet. But I'm cool with saving the rest and tanking if we miss out on John Collins.
    That makes even less sense lol…if you’re going to do what they just did you might as well use your crap

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What exactly would ya'll have liked for the FO to do? Some of these deals these guys are getting are bananas. Y'all want to pay 90M to Duncan Robinson or 75M to Fournier? I do agree signing MAGA Collins was horrible tbh.
    A much better approach would be to utilize the nearly 50MM in cap space to get packages of bad contracts + draft assets. Alternatively, not set yourself up with cap room in a ty FA year. What they're doing now is absurdly re ed and shows, as others have said, they have no direction and that Brian Wrong has literally no clue what he's doing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A front office that's either delusional, completely re ed, or they know that they'll get zero accountability from the fans and a national media that doesn't give a about them.....

Probably a combo of all 3 tbh, one of the worst organizations in all of sports

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs are too good to all out tank. And tanking has been proven time and time again that it does not work. McDermott is exactly what the spurs needed. A 3 point shooter at sf. Spurs however need to find that starting 4. Maxing Collins is still an option.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They are not taking. Tanking teams don’t sign 29 year old mediocre players to 42M deals. They are treading water trying not to bottom out while still not really trying to make the playoffs by trading the youth/picks to really improve.

They got no better, no worse and yet spent the money.

You do not have to spend the money just because you have it. At least you do not have to sign these types to multiple years. Sign one year deals only. Or take on bad deals for draft picks.

This is complete and utter incompetence on full display.
    it sure as is tanking. Wtf are they winning with this roster? If not tanking then its total incompetence i guess

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This FO sucks, they’re completely stuck in the past and desperately needs some fresh blood with CONNECTIONS within the league. There’s a handful of teams in the league with assistant coaches and FO guys that were recently in the league that have legit connections with the players and other coaches/FO guys throughout the league. This organization is stuck in the past and will be until Pop hangs it up.

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    Diversity hire Brian Wright is doing for the Spurs what he did for the Pistons and Magic front offices. Turning us into the treadmill joke of our conference.

Thread Information