Page 17 of 101 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No restricted free agent deals have been announced. Spurs have exactly the max to offer the real Collins. They'd probably wait until Friday to announce it so the Hawks have as little time as possible to figure out what to do.

We'll see but I still have hope in this offseason ............... for now.

Do it and all is forgiven, tbh
    And when we find out that they never even made an offer to John Collins, what then my man? Are you ready to embrace the dark side?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Collins is not going to leave an up and coming playoff team to SA who is in an all Tank Mode you all really need to stop smoking that crack

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only for the Hawks to match
    Yeah, probably, tbh

But, still, the swing on John Collins would tell me their heads were in the right place.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No restricted free agent deals have been announced. Spurs have exactly the max to offer the real Collins. They'd probably wait until Friday to announce it so the Hawks have as little time as possible to figure out what to do.

Or they could just make DeRozan whole for the last year he opted out of. Guessing this is the more likely scenario.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

They're just waiting for Mills to finish up in the Olympics to fly him over to sign the max tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Jon Krawczynski
    jonKrawczynski
    34s
    Gorgui Dieng has agreed to terms with the Atlanta Hawks in a one-year, $4M deal, league sources tell The Athletic
    Well wtf, please tell me why we couldn't resign him instead of a broken ass dude that's costs much more?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Diversity hire Brian Wright is doing for the Spurs what he did for the Pistons and Magic front offices. Turning us into the treadmill joke of our conference.
    Hey, cool, more racism.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FARCE x 2 instead of a real difference player same sublime FO that lets 2 former all stars stars walk for nothing and drafts a kid 14 slots to high is on a roll. What a joke.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Aside from the money, why would he want to do that in light of our two big splashes? I get the fiscal aspect, assuming that Atlanta doesn’t match, but would you feel good about the direction of the franchise?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t know if I understand the rather large suicide pact that is being signed with post after post here? None of these free agents were gonna make the Spurs a contender and none of the signings so far are that bad. I like that all the adults are leaving the room, forcing the young pups to sink or swim. It could be worse, the Spurs could’ve signed on to pay a 40 year old Chris Paul $30+ million at age 40.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How much input does RC get in these offseason moves? I can't imagine Brian Wright is running the show and RC's just sitting back and watching. If anything, I don't think Wright would even get to make any of these moves without RC's blessing.
    Buford has probably been drunk since 3:00.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t know if I understand the rather large suicide pact that is being signed with post after post here? None of these free agents were gonna make the Spurs a contender and none of the signings so far are that bad. I like that all the adults are leaving the room, forcing the young pups to sink or swim. It could be worse, the Spurs could’ve signed on to pay a 40 year old Chris Paul $30+ million at age 40.
    Chris Paul has a way more promising future than Zollins does

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

And were in the nba finals ffs. Spurfan on here really are some optomistic homers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Buford has probably been drunk since 3:00.
    I think they switched from alcohol to cocaine tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I understand what you're saying but you still have to get fans to buy in and keep them in the seats, if the FO isn't showing effort how do they expect the fans too as well?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As quiet as John Collins has been on his contract and the off season, I have to believe he favors staying in Atlanta. The spurs would be a place for him to go if he felt he wanted to be a focal point of a team. Just depends on what he's looking for.

Atlanta playing hard ball, but I'm not convinced they match a max offer. There isn't much reason to have let it get this far unless they really don't want to tie that money up. Will be interesting if collins gets that offer.

Get Paycheck, Get Drunk HankChinaski's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The McDermott deal is....Ehh okay. I kinda get it, but a bit of a reach.

The Zach offersheet is just well, hasty and unnecessary.

It puts into question the intelligence of the people in charge handling all the money and marketing a watchable team for a fanbase.

You itching to grab a Zach and McDermott Jersey?

The consensus is that they could have looked at 1 to 2 year deals or waited out a bit longer and toss out a lower offer sheet.

For me it isn't a suicide watch. It is comically sad though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn’t the Spurs give a washed up Pau Gasol 3 yrs/$48 million. Giving Zollins $7 million a year isn’t exactly the worst thing I’ve ever seen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As quiet as John Collins has been on his contract and the off season, I have to believe he favors staying in Atlanta. The spurs would be a place for him to go if he felt he wanted to be a focal point of a team. Just depends on what he's looking for.

Atlanta playing hard ball, but I'm not convinced they match a max offer. There isn't much reason to have let it get this far unless they really don't want to tie that money up. Will be interesting if collins gets that offer.
    Sure there is. He probably wants 5 years at max and would get 8% raises, whereas if he signs a max offer sheet and Atlanta matches they're paying for 4 years with 4% raises. With his max being $28 million base salary they're going to match. This isn't a $35 million or $45 million base salary they'd be looking at paying.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He doesn't get a choice.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, probably, tbh

But, still, the swing on John Collins would tell me their heads were in the right place.
    Why? Delusional is not always the answer (only sometimes).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn’t the Spurs give a washed up Pau Gasol 3 yrs/$48 million. Giving Zollins $7 million a year isn’t exactly the worst thing I’ve ever seen.
    don't forget Demarre Carroll. It's a long tradition in San Antonio to play players who can't play 6-7 million per year. Gotta do some charity work. High character you know

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lots of defense with Miami's new starting 5:

Kyle Lowry
    Duncan Robinson
    Jimmy Butler
    PJ Tucker
    Bam Adebayo

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tbh, this is good...in some ways.

Markkanen and Oubre are horrible, don't want either one.
    Collins can't sign before tomorrow even if we get him and there's exactly enough space left for his max.

I don't rate McDermott, but I'd rather have him than Rudy or Patty on similar deals.
    Considering the money Duncan Robinson or THJ got, it's a decent deal. A bit of an overpay, but who would they use it on, anyway?

Zach Collins...I'd take a gamble on him, but 3 year deal is baffling. Hopefully third year isn't guaranteed.
    Overpay and I think this one will backfire.

The thing I'm mad about the most is that they didn't get assets for Patty, Rudy or even Demar on the trade deadline.
    But all of them walking is already a win, can't ask for too much with Brian Wright at the helm.

DJ/Lonnie
    Derrick/Devin
    Keldon/McDermott
    X/Luka
    Jakob/Eubanks

With Tre and Zach trying to make the rotation.
    Too bad Dieng left, Eubanks isn't good enough.

Hopefully that X is John Collins. Would be an overpay, but it.

Then it's all on the young guys to take the next step and show their worth without the turd 3 suffocating them and chucking every ball they get.

If we get Markkanen, disregard this post.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The McDermott deal is....Ehh okay. I kinda get it, but a bit of a reach.

The Zach offersheet is just well, hasty and unnecessary.

It puts into question the intelligence of the people in charge handling all the money and marketing a watchable team for a fanbase.

You itching to grab a Zach and McDermott Jersey?

The consensus is that they could have looked at 1 to 2 year deals or waited out a bit longer and toss out a lower offer sheet.

For me it isn't a suicide watch. It is comically sad though.
    The only player remotely available to the Spurs is John Collins, and that seems unlikely. But any offers to him likely won’t be made public until Friday. I don’t know any UFA that would change the rebuild?

Thread Information