My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    ...after 49ers traded away their depth RB Matt Breida. Mostert was the one who carried the rock in the playoffs when they went run-heavy to beat the Packers and Ravens. Ownership in their infinite wisdom didn't want to pay him more than special teams money so he wants out.

Knew the ownership would ruin the 49ers success yet again.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ers-agent-says

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    he just wants a raise tbh

give him 3-4 mil for the year and then draft one next year

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    ...after 49ers traded away their depth RB Matt Breida. Mostert was the one who carried the rock in the playoffs when they went run-heavy to beat the Packers and Ravens. Ownership in their infinite wisdom didn't want to pay him more than special teams money so he wants out.

Knew the ownership would ruin the 49ers success yet again.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ers-agent-says
    Are you one of those old school guys that still overrate running backs?

Running game depends on the OL and schemes, not RBs. Sign any guy off the streets (kinda like you did with Mostert) and you will be good (provided that the OL and schemes keep their efficiency). Your FO is doing the smart thing, tbh.
    Last edited by DAF86; 07-09-2020 at 01:33 PM.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Call his bluff. Just signed a contract before last season. Sets a bad precedent to allow guys to pull the trade card.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Mostert was pretty godly last year at times, especially against Green Bay where he had a vintage-Frank Gore-circa 2012 type outing. He deserves a raise, but the 49ers already have a lot invested in the RB position including Juice who is the highest paid FB in the league by a mile.

NOTE: Devonta Freeman still hasn't been signed. My guess is they swap out Mostert for a 3rd-4th and pick up Freeman, re-uniting Shanahan with his Atlanta dynamic duo. And don't forget they still have McKinnon on the last year of an expensive contract, even though he's missed most of the last two seasons with injury.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    I didn't know Devonta Freeman was available. Rather have him tbh

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I didn't know Devonta Freeman was available. Rather have him tbh
    //* Atlanta picked up Gurley.
    // BUT.....

if (4thQtrSuperBowlLead >= 10) {
    return dropBackAndThrow;
    }
    shanahanLogic.exit();

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Mostert was pretty godly last year at times, especially against Green Bay where he had a vintage-Frank Gore-circa 2012 type outing. He deserves a raise, but the 49ers already have a lot invested in the RB position including Juice who is the highest paid FB in the league by a mile.

NOTE: Devonta Freeman still hasn't been signed. My guess is they swap out Mostert for a 3rd-4th and pick up Freeman, re-uniting Shanahan with his Atlanta dynamic duo. And don't forget they still have McKinnon on the last year of an expensive contract, even though he's missed most of the last two seasons with injury.
    I don't know that anyone would give up a 3/4 for him.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I don't know that anyone would give up a 3/4 for him.
    Even a 5 or 6 would be better than nothing. Plenty of good backs to be found in later rounds.

For example, Seattle drafted Chris Carson and Rashaad Penny a year apart. Carson in the 7th and Penny in the 1st. One has been a stud, and the other has been serviceable but oft-injured... Hmm wonder which one.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Even a 5 or 6 would be better than nothing. Plenty of good backs to be found in later rounds.

For example, Seattle drafted Chris Carson and Rashaad Penny a year apart. Carson in the 7th and Penny in the 1st. One has been a stud, and the other has been serviceable but oft-injured... Hmm wonder which one.
    I just don't think anyone is going to trade for him knowing that they'll have to pay him. Behind anything other than a great OL, I just don't think he'll be very good. Or avoid injury.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I just don't think anyone is going to trade for him knowing that they'll have to pay him. Behind anything other than a great OL, I just don't think he'll be very good. Or avoid injury.
    agreed. He wasn't exactly breaking tackles like, say, 2013 Marshawn Lynch out there in the championship game. He was running through gaping holes up front and sped away from the secondary. One thing he does have going for him is his speed; he's an unusually fast guy and that always got him a roster spot on special teams if nothing else. But speedy guys slow down around 30, and Mostert is 28.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    agreed. He wasn't exactly breaking tackles like, say, 2013 Marshawn Lynch out there in the championship game. He was running through gaping holes up front and sped away from the secondary. One thing he does have going for him is his speed; he's an unusually fast guy and that always got him a roster spot on special teams if nothing else. But speedy guys slow down around 30, and Mostert is 28.
    He's super fast. But he's also injury prone. And he's not a great pass catcher so making him a 3rd down back isn't really an option. He really needs a specific scheme to be successful. And it happens to be the one that Shanny runs.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    He's super fast. But he's also injury prone. And he's not a great pass catcher so making him a 3rd down back isn't really an option. He really needs a specific scheme to be successful. And it happens to be the one that Shanny runs.
    That's what makes him expendable, tbh, and what's kept him on special teams his whole career up until this past year. Most smaller speed-backs like him get snaps on offense because they can catch and wreak havoc in the flats and short middle in the passing game; the fact that Mostert can't makes him pretty one dimensional, aside from his willingness and experience to play special teams. But guys that that aren't incredibly hard to find. He better stay pretty damn good on special teams or he'll be out of the NFL in a couple years or so.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    That's what makes him expendable, tbh, and what's kept him on special teams his whole career up until this past year. Most smaller speed-backs like him get snaps on offense because they can catch and wreak havoc in the flats and short middle in the passing game; the fact that Mostert can't makes him pretty one dimensional, aside from his willingness and experience to play special teams. But guys that that aren't incredibly hard to find. He better stay pretty damn good on special teams or he'll be out of the NFL in a couple years or so.
    , you just proposed earlier they trade him for a 3rd or 4th. Now you're saying he's expendable.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    , you just proposed earlier they trade him for a 3rd or 4th. Now you're saying he's expendable.
    you never know... look at some of the trades that have been made out there, even recently. Some GM (O'Brien anybody?!?) might have watched the NFC championship game from a fairly casual point of view and ed in their pants. But I agree, he'll probably more likely go for a 5th-6th realistically.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    9ers shouldve got Gurley

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    9ers shouldve got Gurley
    Gurley is washed up, injured, used goods.

The Failcons just love the Rams' used running back goods (first Steven Jackson, then Gurley).

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    he just wants a raise tbh

give him 3-4 mil for the year and then draft one next year
    easy

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Smart move by both parties. You def called it

Thread Information