Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks OP!

Happy to see Pop come back. Nobody wants this season (with all the problems in the world) as their last.
    Yeah this is a bad season to walk away!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't take it personal. You are allowed to dislike Pop.

I'm allowed to think you are wrong for doing so based on a couple bad seasons that were bound to come once the Big 3 retired.

I've gone on record as saying Pop hasn't been perfect the past couple seasons. But that doesn't change what he achieved over 20 years.

People like to have a scapegoat. You obviously have yours.

Stay safe, my friend.
    So sick of hearing that from apologists/casuals. Even with S bag destroying his value, they gave away a top five player and two elite role players, didn't get a single core building block back and formed the most ill-fitting team imaginable. None of that has anything to do with the biggest 3 aging out.

Despite trading one of the two best players moved in recent years, of all the superstar/star traded, they have by far the least to show for it.

He was the beneficiary of the utopian existence that was created by Robinson and Duncan and carried out by various others. The second he didn't have that, he was exposed and proven to be in over his head operating in the real NBA.

Nah, I have something better than that: reality.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This might be the worst news of 2020 tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    another year of bull ? gtfo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop Patty n Bryn for life!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes please. This place will get a rude awakening once he leaves.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He won the the le in 2014 against that super stacked Heat team, with only one allstar in Parker who was injured.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So for all those that say Pop should not go out on a bad season. If this season was to finish how it was looking would you still say he should come back. If he comes back next year and he does worse should he come back the year after that to avoid going out on a bad season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He won the the le in 2014 against that super stacked Heat team, with only one allstar in Parker who was injured.
    You can't be serious.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can't be serious.
    Then debunk me

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Timmy Duncan came off a very upsetting divorce and was kicking ass and taking names, super motivated to Championship. All Popped had to do was sit on the bench and stay the out of the way after his 2013 screw up.

Media and Phan selected All Star teams are meaningless. Parker was at best the 8th best player on this Spurs finals team.

Timmy Duncan was still a top 5 player.
    GNob top 20.
    Future real MVP Kawhi.
    Prime Patty
    Prime Splitter played great.
    Boris played some of his best ball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Timmy Duncan came off a very upsetting divorce and was kicking ass and taking names, super motivated to Championship. All Popped had to do was sit on the bench and stay the out of the way after his 2013 screw up.

Media and Phan selected All Star teams are meaningless. Parker was at best the 8th best player on this Spurs finals team.

Timmy Duncan was still a top 5 player.
    GNob top 20.
    Future real MVP Kawhi.
    Prime Patty
    Prime Splitter played great.
    Boris played some of his best ball.
    Do you think Pop had nothing to do with the motivation and also the commitment to go through 82 wins after that horror 2013 loss? You think Pop had nothing to do by keeping Manu and TD healthy. Do you think Patty who was 2 years before that playing in the Australian league had nothing to do with Pop? You think Diaw played some of his best ball for the Spurs had nothing to do with Pop. Do you think Splitter who was traded for a second-round pick and also was a disaster in the 2013 finals had nothing to do with Pop? And Leonard became an mvp candidate 2 years later. Edit* Yes, Parker was injured. Spurs best player that season was injured in the finals.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you think Pop had nothing to do with the motivation and also the commitment to go through 82 wins after that horror 2013 loss? You think Pop had nothing to do by keeping Manu and TD healthy. Do you think Patty who was 2 years before that playing in the Australian league had nothing to do with Pop? You think Diaw played some of his best ball for the Spurs had nothing to do with Pop. Do you think Splitter who was traded for a second-round pick and also was a disaster in the 2013 finals had nothing to do with Pop? And Leonard became an mvp candidate 2 years later. Edit* Yes, Parker was injured. Spurs best player that season was injured in the finals.
    thats a uva lot of questions

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    why is he torturing us?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thats a uva lot of questions
    It needs to be said.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It needs to be said.

Dont hurt em t-dog

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    pop was right about trump’s failed response to covid

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

"He won". He had a favored team, that was deeper, fresher, more motivated and matched-up perfectly with the Heat, who were thin, on fumes and had their second best player decline significantly.

Parker may have been the only technical All-Star that season, but Duncan and Ginobili were still easily of that caliber. The only reason the latter wasn't a serious candidate in those years is because of the lack of minutes played.

So the grown men who actually played in it, didn't have sufficient motivation and commitment to attempt to avenge it?

- The greatness of those teams allowed him to manage the minutes and give the occasional game off to Duncan and Ginobili.
    - Mills had shown himself to be a rotation caliber player beforehand.
    - Diaw was a perfect fit and clearly motivated to show that he could still play and eke out one final sizable contract.
    - Splitter was the MVP of the second best league in the world.
    - Rumor has it they preferred Valanciunas or Thompson to S bag (typical) and his ascent was a tribute to his work ethic and the development staff.
    - Duncan, so long as he was healthy, was always the Spurs best player until '16.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NBA probably brought the virus back to the US tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Same team+ last/this seasons rookies...maybe pop finally gets spurs in the playoffs this time,assuming the world doent end

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pops biggest strength over his Spurs career are off the court.
    Creating a family type, safe, secure, comfortable atmosphere of genuinely caring for most players. Just because NBA players are pampered millionaires, and in the most all players cases MULTI millionaires, that does not mean their life is carefree. The money and all it involves can lead to very stressful situations. Users, without a doubt gang type losers trying to extort/intimidate. Tight pussy with ill intent throwing itself in your face. Gambling forces. Ones own gambling weakness (tons of players). Going from city to city every week in itself can do a number on a lot of people. (Others love it).

While some would say "GREAT, livin the life" it obviously can lead to complications too.
    Many of the players are still connected to their original 'hoods by friendly terms or by coercion.
    Pops regular routine of buying everyone dinner and just flat rapping was a great idea. Who knows how much this helped keep the Big 3 and company together.

But lets keep that in perspective too. Duncan was said to be a "Yes your fam can ride with us on the team plane" away from going to Orlando.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

"He won". He had a favored team, that was deeper, fresher, more motivated and matched-up perfectly with the Heat, who were thin, on fumes and had their second best player decline significantly.

Parker may have been the only technical All-Star that season, but Duncan and Ginobili were still easily of that caliber. The only reason the latter wasn't a serious candidate in those years is because of the lack of minutes played.

So the grown men who actually played in it, didn't have sufficient motivation and commitment to attempt to avenge it?

- The greatness of those teams allowed him to manage the minutes and give the occasional game off to Duncan and Ginobili.
    - Mills had shown himself to be a rotation caliber player beforehand.
    - Diaw was a perfect fit and clearly motivated to show that he could still play and eke out one final sizable contract.
    - Splitter was the MVP of the second best league in the world.
    - Rumor has it they preferred Valanciunas or Thompson to S bag (typical) and his ascent was a tribute to his work ethic and the development staff.
    - Duncan, so long as he was healthy, was always the Spurs best player until '16.
    You are just moving the goal post, which is fine, then all arguements for coaches go out the window. Players are more imporant than coaches. They are harder to replace, hence why teams coach hop in the hopes they keep their star player happy with success. Usually it does not work. Pop kept that team motivated. We got backdoor sweept in 2012. We had that brutal loss in the finals in 2013. TD was old, he was being asked about retirement. Parker's prime had ended. To go through 82 more games and keep that motivation up, is the coach. His game prep for Portland, Thunder, and Heat were terrific. He played Lebron differently in 2014 compared to 2014. He out coached Spoelstra.

Diaw played some of his best ball for the Spurs. He was a buyout from the Bobcats. Mills was not in the rotation in 2013. Splitter in 2013 had a terrible finals series and Spurs reward him with that nice contract. Pop has always played his players to their strength. That team had passes all around the clock.

If Pop retires, if you think Timmy or Becky, or some other fired coach like Fizdale is going to turn this team around, then your living in a different world.

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If it means Bryn not receiving favourable treatment then it cant happen soon enough.

Thread Information