Page 27 of 212 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777127 ... LastLast
    Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You'll be fine, Karen.
    I'll take that as no and no.

Ever figure out how many deaths you're good with?

Do you think about this at all?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ever learn what the plan is?
    We've tried nothing and we're all out of ideas

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bend over, I'll show you thorough and specific.
    Chris endorsing sodomy again

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've been hearing good things about telehaircuts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But what about tattoo parlors?

I'm asking for a friend, thx

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Texas is just not getting hit by this thing. One of the lowest death-per-million ratios in the country. And that's with their response being pretty . Either they aren't testing the deaths or their population density, weather, and other factors are playing a big role. I'll go with the latter.

They probably do have the luxury of a careful opening up, but they need to be prepared to snap back to stay-at-home and closures if cases should e. This is the strategy the Asian countries are taking.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Texas is just not getting hit by this thing. One of the lowest death-per-million ratios in the country. And that's with their response being pretty . Either they aren't testing the deaths or their population density, weather, and other factors are playing a big role. I'll go with the latter.

They probably do have the luxury of a careful opening up, but they need to be prepared to snap back to stay-at-home and closures if cases should e. This is the strategy the Asian countries are taking.
    We have the mayor and judge in Dallas to thank. They started the ball rolling on closures before the really hit the fan. Austin and San Antonio followed suit pretty quickly. Houston lagged behind and is paying the price. Rubelandia is probably more vulnerable than it realizes and there will be some pushback if Abbott follows through with keeping restrictions in some counties in the panhandle, etc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll go with population density being the biggest factor

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Look at the test per 1 million, close to the bottom.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dan Patrick went in Fox yesterday to explain how it is the duty of Texans to die to save the economy:

https://www.texastribune.org/2020/04...y-coronavirus/
    If it would only be his life, I wouldn't have a problem with it, tbh... the issue is they infect other people...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We have the mayor and judge in Dallas to thank. They started the ball rolling on closures before the really hit the fan. Austin and San Antonio followed suit pretty quickly. Houston lagged behind and is paying the price. Rubelandia is probably more vulnerable than it realizes and there will be some pushback if Abbott follows through with keeping restrictions in some counties in the panhandle, etc.
    The difference between Austin and Houston is stark. I'll chock it up to communal death instinct with the energy sector being ed and un able.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The difference between Austin and Houston is stark. I'll chock it up to communal death instinct with the energy sector being ed and un able.
    Yeah, guess we'd have to go back to first reported cases and go from there to do more of a one-to-one comparison. The capacity for many to work from home here might have something to do with it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, guess we'd have to go back to first reported cases and go from there to do more of a one-to-one comparison. The capacity for many to work from home here might have something to do with it.
    I actually disagree. This may be a self-selecting cohort issue, but everyone in my work world has the ability to work from home. Courts are closed and are doing telephonic/zoom hearings. But a lot of attorneys are actually going to work because it. Austin's paternalism vs. Houston's don't-give-a- approach has everything to do with it, in my uninformed/off the cuff view.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I actually disagree. This may be a self-selecting cohort issue, but everyone in my work world has the ability to work from home. Courts are closed and are doing telephonic/zoom hearings. But a lot of attorneys are actually going to work because it. Austin's paternalism vs. Houston's don't-give-a- approach has everything to do with it, in my uninformed/off the cuff view.
    I do think some of the problem can be chalked up to the arrogance of privilege and youth up here. The degree of each I couldn't say.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They just issued an order telling us that we need to wear masks out in public or else face a fine and the police department immediately sent out a tweet saying “nah Holmes we ain’t gonna enforce ”

Nobody in Houston is taking this seriously. Traffic is back up to how it used to be and no one is staying inside anymore

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They just issued an order telling us that we need to wear masks out in public or else face a fine and the police department immediately sent out a tweet saying “nah Holmes we ain’t gonna enforce ”

Nobody in Houston is taking this seriously. Traffic is back up to how it used to be and no one is staying inside anymore
    Can you blame them for wanting to go out? Houston is beautiful when it's in the 90s with dewpoints in the 100s.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can you blame them for wanting to go out? Houston is beautiful when it's in the 90s with dewpoints in the 100s.
    Lol. And mosquitos the size of helicopters

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you know how accurate the test you took is thought to be?
    This is what is interesting.

This test should really be used to tell if a person has had, not has the disease.
    Assume Snake had the disease. He should test positive if he has a good er ( conc Of Ab)
    If he had the disease it would be interesting to see how often after the disease he continues to test positive. We really don’t know how well people are protected from future infection based on what we know about the immune response. Theoretically, if his Ab er went way down, as long as he had enough memory cells to make more Ab to the virus, he would be fine.

Now the viral dosage comes into play. If he had a very low concentration of Ab, but did have memory cells, it might not be good enough to stave off a large viral dose that then replicated quickly. The diseases that give us active immunity for a lifetime are slow replicating and cause our bodies to keep a sufficient number of memory cells for a lifetime. The vaccines therefore work very well. A few, like tetanus(not viral), need a booster to keep our memory cell concentration high enough.

It would be of interest to keep testing people like Snake if he tests +
    Finally heard back from STBTC. Had it but I'm not COVIDY enough to donate plasma so just donating blood instead.

"The results for your sample reported by the lab for the minimum 1:80 er requirement set forth by the FDA has fallen below this cut-off. Covid antibodies are detected in your sample but not at a high enough er that permits a plasma collection for COVID patients."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Finally heard back from STBTC. Had it but I'm not COVIDY enough to donate plasma so just donating blood instead.

"The results for your sample reported by the lab for the minimum 1:80 er requirement set forth by the FDA has fallen below this cut-off. Covid antibodies are detected in your sample but not at a high enough er that permits a plasma collection for COVID patients."
    Damn was hoping your COVID antibody count would be high after two weeks of being sick.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn was hoping your COVID antibody count would be high after two weeks of being sick.
    Could mean a lot of things though. Antibody levels could drop quickly or since I was never deathly ill it could mean it just wasn't a big enough deal to my body.

Quest started antibody testing today and wife is getting tested tomorrow. So interested to see her actual lab results. Kind of sucks STBTC doesn't give the actual lab results.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Could mean a lot of things though. Antibody levels could drop quickly or since I was never deathly ill it could mean it just wasn't a big enough deal to my body.

Quest started antibody testing today and wife is getting tested tomorrow. So interested to see her actual lab results. Kind of sucks STBTC doesn't give the actual lab results.
    You got pretty ed up though didn't you? Didn't you say your wife found you passed out or something and that you couldn't stand without falling over? Damn sucks that that's the mild case.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You got pretty ed up though didn't you? Didn't you say your wife found you passed out or something and that you couldn't stand without falling over? Damn sucks that that's the mild case.
    Yeah sickest I've felt since having a really bad flu like 30 years ago but zero respiratory illness. Then again I rarely even get a cold. All I meant is antibody level could mean a bunch of different things, those were just guesses. They don't know anything about what the levels mean yet.

It does confirm that weebo was right about it spreading in SA since January.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This Chinese virus does not seem to do well in the presence of the freedom and liberty that Texans enjoy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This Chinese virus does not seem to do well in the presence of the freedom and liberty that Texans enjoy.
    Mostly timely distancing and shelter in place orders.

Thread Information