View Poll Results: Do you want the Spurs to keep DeRozan after this season?

Voters
180. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

88 48.89%
  • No

92 51.11%
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's settle this once and for all.

No need to state your case, as we've all seen it in 9999 other threads. Looking at you, duncan2k5 .

This is a simple poll to see how many posters are Team DeRozan and how many posters are Team No-DeRozan.

Personally, I've been 50-50 for a long time. But with a gun to my head? I am probably Team No-DeRozan.

Don't beat around the bush. Just CHOOSE! No excuses.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    really it's a hard question to answer because it comes down to the price and length of his contract. for another season at 20-25 mil? sure. for 4 years / 120 million? no

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    really it's a hard question to answer because it comes down to the price and length of his contract. for another season at 20-25 mil? sure. for 4 years / 120 million? no
    No excuses, brah. You're either a ride or die or not!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For me, it's a simple poll but not a simple question... how much money? Or years are we talking about? Are we talking about letting him walk or trading him? If trading, then for what?

I'm ok with keeping him under certain scenarios and there are others where I'd rather move on..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For the right price, yes. I think there's an issue moving forward with constantly moving him and KJ to the 4 but to me this is more of a Pop coaching issue than anything real. Also, if he walks, who is really available to replace his production?

My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Then I'd go with no, since the Spurs likely would sign him for more than 1 season.

I would not mind him back next year because the FA class is trash this year. But 2022 looks to have a lot of solid players on the market to fill out the roster

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For me, it's a simple poll but not a simple question... how much money? Or years are we talking about? Are we talking about letting him walk or trading him? If trading, then for what?

I'm ok with keeping him under certain scenarios and there are others where I'd rather move on..
    For the right price, yes. I think there's an issue moving forward with constantly moving him and KJ to the 4 but to me this is more of a Pop coaching issue than anything real. Also, if he walks, who is really available to replace his production?
    Y'all have commitment issues. If your girlfriend said she's leaving you if you don't propose to her, you can't respond by giving her excuses!

"Babe, yeah, I'll marry you but you have to stop snoring at night and we can't get a dog because I love my cat!"

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Y'all have commitment issues. If your girlfriend said she's leaving you if you don't propose to her, you can't respond by giving her excuses!

"Babe, yeah, I'll marry you but you have to stop snoring at night and we can't get a dog because I love my cat!"
    Sure I can if I don't care if she leaves that much...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure I can if I don't care if she leaves that much...

My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Comparing Derozan to your girlfriend is weird bro one of those things directly impacts your daily life, the other is not really important in the grand scheme

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    would need to know the terms of his return

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Comparing Derozan to your girlfriend is weird bro one of those things directly impacts your daily life, the other is not really important in the grand scheme
    Of course, I'm busting people's balls here. Nothing serious.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WHY ARE YOU TOO PUSSY TO ANSWER BRO

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i'm totally In. He makes the team better, the young guns can play with him in the roster. I have zero argument against him except if he wants a max contract.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t want him back. I’d rather vassell and walker get his minutes to develop even more.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let him go. He’s holding back the future

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And I admit he has been much Better this year

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All I know at this point the Spurs organization should know if they want him back and have the amount needed pretty much. If they don’t then they should be shopping his ass to what ever teams he is cool with so we don’t get screwed like we have with LMA. I will say this again loosing DEROZZ for nothing is an epic failure on this organization if it happens they HAVE to get something for him they just can’t let him walk for nothing

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I voted NO because re-signing him now will lead to giving him a loyalty contract in the future (think Pau Gasol). He does make the Spurs better, but it's better to cut ties now before he starts to decline. The Spurs always seem to hang on to (and overpay) over-the-hill players for way too long.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's the HOTS right now, so I'm voting yes. Although as other posters said, it highly depends on for how long and how much money. 2 years for under 30 million would be ideal. 4 years? No

And there's really no better FA than him available, so might as well ride it out until Lonnie can take on his role

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No

Take Timelord+Picks from Danny Ainge in the summer when he offers a 4 year deal centered around a sign and trade using their TPE

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd take him on a 2-year deal with the idea of lining up as much cap space as possible in 2023. DDR wouldn't sign a 2-year deal, though, so I'll have to go with no.

This isn't a hard commit, though. With the right use of the rest of the 2021 cap space, plus a full offseason for the young players to improve even more, DDR would have a definite place as a 1B or 2A on what could very well be a mid playoff seed Spurs next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s a no from me dawg...or is that die?

My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    WHY ARE YOU TOO PUSSY TO ANSWER BRO

Fr

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he certainly raises the team's floor by a considerable amount, at least he does right now. i still believe he keeps the ceiling lower down the road.

might be irresponsible to shoot for the moon if you can maintain stability. but like i said up above, it depends on the terms of his return. how many years, how much money.

Thread Information