My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe we can sign Collins via FA and also sign Vrenz and Huff via UDFA

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wouldnt be surprised if they give mills a loyalty contract... i really hope he is gonne... also i am sure derozan walks and spurs get nothing same like with aldridge....

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    , draft me and I’ll say whatever you want about “culture” and “family”.
    Primo is a polished young man, it’s not very hard to tell. I’ll trust Patfo on this one vs this board every time.

Get Paycheck, Get Drunk HankChinaski's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well I'm getting some sleep. Looking forward to the Timvp draft write up and what he takes from the draft as to where the spurs org. is moving towards Free Agency and based on rumblings whether Pop is coming back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PLAYER POS BODY FAT % HAND LENGTH (INCHES) HAND WIDTH (INCHES) HEIGHT W/O SHOES HEIGHT W/ SHOES STANDING REACH WEIGHT (LBS) WINGSPAN VERTICAL
    Joshua Primo SG 6.30% 9 10 6'4.0'' 6'5.0'' 8'6.5'' 189 6'9.25'' 37.5 inches
    Joe Wieskamp SF 4.10% 8.5 9.25 6'5.75'' 6'7.25'' 8'7.0'' 204.8 6'11.0'' 42 inches
    We are getting some athletic freaks here, big hands, long wingspan, vertical leaps.... and can shoot...I'm warming up on these guys
    Last edited by John B; 07-30-2021 at 12:36 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PLAYER POS BODY FAT % HAND LENGTH (INCHES) HAND WIDTH (INCHES) HEIGHT W/O SHOES HEIGHT W/ SHOES STANDING REACH WEIGHT (LBS) WINGSPAN VERTICAL
    Joshua Primo SG 6.30% 9 10 6'4.0'' 6'5.0'' 8'6.5'' 189 6'9.25'' 37.5 inches
    Joe Wieskamp SF 4.10% 8.5 9.25 6'5.75'' 6'7.25'' 8'7.0'' 204.8 6'11.0'' 42 inches
    We are getting some athletic freaks here, big hands, long wingspan, vertical leaps.... and can shoot...I'm warming up on these guys

Youre the "hands" man

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Youre the "hands" man

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    When was the last time a Spurs 2nd round pick stuck around and played meaningful minutes for the team? Dejuan Blair more than 12 years ago?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When was the last time a Spurs 2nd round pick stuck around and played meaningful minutes for the team? Dejuan Blair more than 12 years ago?
    Generally the 2nds have been extremely late, so that doesn't say much. Tre Jones might be okay.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well Manu had like 16 years??

But seriously, Weiskamp is a solid pick, can really shoot, defend and very athletic. Our 2nd rounder is pretty solid, and possibly a steal at 41st.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

So Spurs drafted based on culture and character, ignoring BPA or position. Taller Patty Mills?
    good lord, the Spurs FO are that scarred by kawhi and his uncle?

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    Well Manu had like 16 years??

But seriously, Weiskamp is a solid pick, can really shoot, defend and very athletic. Our 2nd rounder is pretty solid, and possibly a steal at 41st.
    We've been saying our 2nd rounders are steals for a while now. How many of them have panned out?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    good lord, the Spurs FO are that scarred by kawhi and his uncle?

Spurs drafting based on culture

This front office never ceases to disappoint.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The case to stay Vs. The case to leave:

https://www.prospectiveinsight.com/post/pre-drafting

Every year there are players ranked in the 50-80 range that return to school to a refrain “they could be a lottery pick next year” or “we project them in the 20s for the next year’s draft.”

Many players aren’t fundamentally different players with a year of additional development in college. Most aren’t in drastically different cir stances — there is just a higher comfort level with what the player is and more data on their resume. I’ve struggled to understand why this made sense for teams to let these players return. If a front office believed a player could/would bloom into a lottery prospect in 365 and all it takes is a pick in the 20s or 30s or 40s, a contract and the promise to invest in them organizationally as though they
    were a lottery prospect — the front office should do everything possible to get that player now.

Even if the player doesn’t produce immediately, the team will have spent a year developing a prospect with NBA resources in an NBA system under NBA rules, resulting in potentially higher development pathway and value outstripping the proposition the player would have had by returning to college. We are calling this idea “
    pre-drafting” a player, which is to say, drafting a player a year before their breakout season to get a player more talented than what the historical outcomes of a draft slot indicate. It would allow for lottery talents to be selected later, in exchange for accepting additional risks of potential busts.
    PD Web, who coincidentally wrote the article (and again was ref. Pre-drafting in the 20-30s, not the Lottery), tweeted this about Primo though:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...ld-predictions

Spurs singled out as farce of FO takes 26th ranked at 12-nothing unexpectedly happened early based on inep ude of FO x 3 years

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Praying for collins but expecting lauri
    Millsap. Book it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I have it on good authority from an inside source that the Spurs top three targets in free agency are Lou Williams, Derrick Rose, and Austin Rivers. You read it here first.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Positive note I haven't seen mentioned: this draft pretty much confirms that Patty Mills is gone.

Gonna miss ya, Thrillz..... Sentimentally.

gonna quote this for future reference when they bring him back for another $50mils.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Per Shams…

Sources: Bowling Green's Justin Turner has agreed to play Summer League for the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The county judge in Texas can issue an order for a person or person's to be taken in for a mental health evaluation. Think Pop and the FO may need an eval.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The county judge in Texas can issue an order for a person or person's to be taken in for a mental health evaluation. Think Pop and the FO may need an eval.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The case to stay Vs. The case to leave:

https://www.prospectiveinsight.com/post/pre-drafting

PD Web, who coincidentally wrote the article (and again was ref. Pre-drafting in the 20-30s, not the Lottery), tweeted this about Primo though:

Honestly if he thought a guy every single team passed on in Ayayi was better... that says less about PD Web than he thinks it does.

Get Paycheck, Get Drunk HankChinaski's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In terms of Primo in San Antonio. He will have the best opportunity to expand his skills with the spurs development staff. A year in G league working on the necessary aspects of his game further with an NBA Staff. Look at the player again in 2022 summer and compare to draft prospects and see if the decision isn't as sour of a pill. Regardless Best scenerio for Josh Primo overall.

For fans of the team. Frustrating after a couple seasons of meh play and seeing this pick. Fans were hoping for a pick that could get minutes right away and get a player with developmental needs with promise.

I'm not so annoyed about the pick after a nights rest. Mostly because I am not running the organization and don't have to make those decisions. I just get to sit back and watch and criticize other people's decision. Just not as vocally as some.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am not happy with pick. I have no idea, the kid may develop into a solid rotation player but it is clear Cedar Park fans will be cheering for him for at least one year, if not two.

I am happy with the second pick for what it is and where he was drafted.

Having said that, I did not post during the draft because I was disgusted with the pick and the website was struggling with the volume of traffic. I don't have time to read this whole thread to see if anyone else commented on this but, my God was that a horrible TV show last night? I got home a bit late and missed the start and other than Jalen Rose, I don't know who the hosts were but they were worthless.

Do we get to see clips or commentary about the picks? No, we have celebrities welcoming these little prima donnas to the NBA. You got the kid from Blackish running around eating up air time with some stupid . Say what you want about ESPN but at least they had Jay Bilas or Fran Frasc a talking about the draft picks. Do we really care what type of food they like to eat and who their favorite music artist is?

Thread Information