Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Y do we need to apologize? What has he done so far? Pop won't even play the guy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so if the Spurs drafted a player who was a star from day 1, the Spurs would lose them anyway. What the is even this logic?
    At least you had that player's contribution for those three years, rather than three years of nothing, only to have another team reap the benefit. That's the argument.

We'll see...maybe he'll mature faster than his age and experience might suggest.

I liked what I saw, but summer league is summer league. He outplayed Vassell, so that's something comparative I suppose.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At least you had that player's contribution for those three years, rather than three years of nothing, only to have another team reap the benefit. That's the argument.

We'll see...maybe he'll mature faster than his age and experience might suggest.

I liked what I saw, but summer league is summer league. He outplayed Vassell, so that's something comparative I suppose.
    My point is that it’s a sad outlook to believe any player (good or bad) will leave any way in three years. The Spurs have been successful in keeping their players (at least the ones they want) like Murray, White, Poeltl. I think it’s a little too cynical to believe that any player will just up and leave.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My point is that it’s a sad outlook to believe any player (good or bad) will leave any way in three years. The Spurs have been successful in keeping their players (at least the ones they want) like Murray, White, Poeltl. I think it’s a little too cynical to believe that any player will just up and leave.
    I'm hopeful we keep all the young core together, and it would be great if Primo is part of that group that returns the Spurs to relevance.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't apologize about unfinished products. He has some tools but others develop their body and skills and others turn to . Neither side has to apologize or sing praises about anything

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't apologize about unfinished products. He has some tools but others develop their body and skills and others turn to . Neither side has to apologize or sing praises about anything
    playblair likes to take every opportunity to pat himself on the back. He had to act now, in the event we never see Primo do anything of significance again this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thread was made by an obvious troll and it’s threads like this that cause divide on this forum when there doesn’t need to be. Yes, you have thoughts and opinions from either side about specific players and in a perfect world, no one gave a what other people think. But here we are.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Y do we need to apologize? What has he done so far? Pop won't even play the guy
    The saying a broke clock is right at least twice a day does apply to you since this is the first time I actually agree with your comments.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The saying a broke clock is right at least twice a day does apply to you since this is the first time I actually agree with your comments.
    I actually have a feeling Primo will play whether Pop is here or not. We're gonna be losing a lot and we're gonna have plenty of garbage time at our disposal tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll see you in about 2 years but...

I'll never ever ever eveeeerrrrr apologize about Forbes!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are these games broadcast? Interested in seeing what Vassell looks like and if Samanic is destined to be a bust.
    They’ve been on NBAtv the last two games. Sammich isn’t in Vegas. Working out in SA. Final game is at halftime right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I take it back. Dude has missed more games than Derrick White already

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Primo went from a cosmopolitan city like Toronto to a hole like Tuscaloosa Alabama. Voluntarily.

I think he'll stay in SA if it looks like a decent situation on other fronts.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As someone pointed out in another thread, the Spurs could lose this kid by the time he’s ready to be truly impactful at the NBA level. And if our strategy is being so weak that we garner a top pick next draft, then I think it’s mission accomplished.

But he looked good in this last game.
    Ed We Tanking - And if you really want him to leave then keep picking draft picks 11 - 20 and being a sub 500 team and you will see how fast he leaves. Not many compe ive players want to play with no chance of ever ringing. So pray we tank and we got a top 3 pick that he can bound with and create some winning basketball

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As someone pointed out in another thread, the Spurs could lose this kid by the time he’s ready to be truly impactful at the NBA level. And if our strategy is being so weak that we garner a top pick next draft, then I think it’s mission accomplished.

But he looked good in this last game.
    Ed We Tanking - And if you really want him to leave then keep picking draft picks 11 - 20 and being a sub 500 team and you will see how fast he leaves. Not many compe ive players want to play with no chance of ever ringing. So pray we rank and we got a top 3 pick that he can bound with and create some winning basketball

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I actually have a feeling Primo will play whether Pop is here or not. We're gonna be losing a lot and we're gonna have plenty of garbage time at our disposal tbh
    We lost a lot last 2 years and he has had Luka in the doghouse 90% of the time... Even after good games

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We lost a lot last 2 years and he has had Luka in the doghouse 90% of the time... Even after good games
    Luka is nowhere near Primo lvl and this is the most losing we're gonna see for some time now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ed We Tanking - And if you really want him to leave then keep picking draft picks 11 - 20 and being a sub 500 team and you will see how fast he leaves. Not many compe ive players want to play with no chance of ever ringing. So pray we tank and we got a top 3 pick that he can bound with and create some winning basketball
    I'm with you. No small market team, that I can think of anyway, has been able to win without a top draft pick or two to build around. San Antonio is not going to be the choice of any superstar free agent unless there's already something special happening here. It's really the draft or bust for the small market teams.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm with you. No small market team, that I can think of anyway, has been able to win without a top draft pick or two to build around. San Antonio is not going to be the choice of any superstar free agent unless there's already something special happening here. It's really the draft or bust for the small market teams.
    Bucks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought about the Bucks, Giannis was still homegrown, albeit with a later pick. We also had that with Kawhi. I probably could have phrased my post better.

I don't see the Spurs, or any small market team, attracting anyone with superstar talent until said small market team is competing deep into the playoffs on an annual basis. Until we're very relevant, no significant FA will come here. Even when we were good, most FAs didn't choose San Antonio...certainly no superstar level players. LMA was really the only one, and it's arguable as to whether he'd fit the superstar category. He sure seemed to be on the fringe of that status in Portland.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    I thought about the Bucks, Giannis was still homegrown, albeit with a later pick. We also had that with Kawhi. I probably could have phrased my post better.

I don't see the Spurs, or any small market team, attracting anyone with superstar talent until said small market team is competing deep into the playoffs on an annual basis. Until we're very relevant, no significant FA will come here. Even when we were good, most FAs didn't choose San Antonio...certainly no superstar level players. LMA was really the only one, and it's arguable as to whether he'd fit the superstar category. He sure seemed to be on the fringe of that status in Portland.
    spurs could become a premiere free agent destination with a very simple 1 hour relocation to austin

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    get stuck in traffic two hours to get there and two hours to get home I don’t think so. Lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luka is nowhere near Primo lvl and this is the most losing we're gonna see for some time now.
    Lol. Primo the savior. You didn't even know who he was a couple of months ago. Too many of you taking wishful thinking to the next level.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah not putting all my eggs in the Primo basket but I think if the kid can stay healthy he could be a starter on a playoff type team. One thing mentioned is that he is so young and his bone structure has not yet finished growing so need to be careful on wear and tear on body. But hey it’s the Spurs so I don’t see him getting a lot of playing time it’s going to be sink or swim for Murray, Walker, Keldon, White -

As well as it should I want to see these players get 30 minutes a game every game to see what we really got - No hiding now it’s time to move up and take the reins youngsters.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man that decision to pick Primo 12th. Are we saying there was NO ONE better than Primo to pick? Bullllll !

Thread Information