6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would say yes, except that would just be advantage Company Men.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Scrap it altogether but give coaches 2 challenges a game that they can choose to use earlier or save until the end. Just like the NFL the coaches would have to get both right to get a third and fourth challenge and so on

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Scrap it altogether but give coaches 2 challenges a game that they can choose to use earlier or save until the end. Just like the NFL the coaches would have to get both right to get a third and fourth challenge and so on
    Still a couple issues.

1. Calling hand as part of the ball for the first 46 minutes and not the last 2 minutes.
    2. Many times refs are just calling out of bounds to not call all the reach-in fouls. If you're gonna review that, you have to put fouls in play. Too many times, players getting the benefit of the foul now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still a couple issues.

1. Calling hand as part of the ball for the first 46 minutes and not the last 2 minutes.
    2. Many times refs are just calling out of bounds to not call all the reach-in fouls. If you're gonna review that, you have to put fouls in play. Too many times, players getting the benefit of the foul now.
    Yeah I agree but they call too many fouls already which has already led to the softening of the game. 90s and early 00s NBA ball was the best, so much better than today's NBA. Every team didn't have 10 jerseys; no BLM, road colors and home whites; points at a premium, guys like Bruce Bowen, Trenton Hassell, Gary Trent, Michael Ruffin to name a few, could carve out starting roles in the league on their defense alone. You had to earn your fouls/free throws, you weren't just going to get every call by slamming into the nearest body and throwing the ball up aimlessly towards the hoop. Scoring 100 points was a real accomplishment and an offensive showcase, whereas today it's just par for the course. The shot clock reset to 24 seconds instead of 14 after the offensive rebound. Better times back then.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I agree but they call too many fouls already which has already led to the softening of the game. 90s and early 00s NBA ball was the best....
    Stopped reading here. Final two minutes of close game more contact is generally allowed. They're not deciding games on soft fouls so much. The softness for the rest the game is to allow higher scoring and increase ratings. But the NBA hasn't been ing with the final two minutes in that regard. So, I consider your premise moot, tbh.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The shot clock reset to 24 seconds instead of 14 after the offensive rebound. Better times back then.
    That change doesn't bother me. It's a reasonable change to encourage more scoring. It's the pussy ball I am not a fan of.
    But I acknowledge I'm in the minority. NBA wouldn't be doing what they're doing if they didn't believe it wasn't selling much better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That change doesn't bother me. It's a reasonable change to encourage more scoring. It's the pussy ball I am not a fan of.
    But I acknowledge I'm in the minority. NBA wouldn't be doing what they're doing if they didn't believe it wasn't selling much better.
    Selling? I haven't bought an NBA item or ticket since high school and I won't ever again.

As far as TV, I just stream on nbabite - free streaming. So the joke is on them.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Selling? I haven't bought an NBA item or ticket since high school and I won't ever again.

As far as TV, I just stream on nbabite - free streaming. So the joke is on them.
    You're not the target audience, nor am I.

Thread Information