Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Let's make one thing clear -- Parsons is just 14 games into a $46 million contract that will make him a Mavericks for more than 164 games, and possibly more than 246 if chooses to opt in at the end of it. It's incredibly, ridiculously early to make any defining judgments that this or that is the way the rest of his Dallas Mavericks career will go.

However, there are things about Parsons' play we need to address. Our staff came together to look at his issues from every perspective we felt was crucial to his narrative through the first 14 games.

To date, the Mavericks have played seven 'good' teams - the Spurs, Pelicans, Trail Blazers, Heat, Kings, Wizards, and Rockets. They are 3-4 in those games, with maddening losses to the depleted Spurs and Rockets, while getting blown out by the Heat and Blazers. Over that seven-game sample, Parsons is averaging 11 points, 4.7 rebounds, and 1.5 assists. He shooting a God-awful 34 percent from the field and an eye-bleeding 26 percent from deep. Of those seven games, he only has two really solid performances: against the Pelicans and Kings. To be fair, he played really well in both these contests, which means in those other five games he's been a tire fire of despair (7.8 points, 5 rebounds, 0.8 assists, 28% shooting, 16% from three).

In addition to his raw stats, he really looks lost a great deal of the time on offense. Unless his shot falls early, Parsons has a tendency to float around the three point line calling for the ball. Unlike his predecessor Shawn Marion, Parsons rarely cuts. It's getting to the point to where I may refer to him as Stand There Parsons. His jumper is so flat that the Houston Rockets announcers wondered if something was wrong with him. Unfortunately for Mavs fans, the straight line shot is all we've ever known from Parsons.

http://www.mavsmoneyball.com/2014/11...ericks-dilemma

So far, looks like Houston dodged a bullet especially with Ariza fitting perfectly with the Rox.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    They are panicking after 14 games.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Dude is ass

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    14 games.. while they definitely overpaid, he'll get better with time, just like all players do once they get more comfortable with their role in the system .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    14 games.. while they definitely overpaid, he'll get better with time, just like all players do once they get more comfortable with their role in the system .
    ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like most* players who have real talent do, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cuban played a one-upmanship game against Morey during the offseason. This is his fault, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cuban played a one-upmanship game against Morey during the offseason. This is his fault, tbh.
    That waving was entertaining as for Spurs fans, though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That waving was entertaining as for Spurs fans, though.
    True

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    He is a bust. Even more so though is Jameer Nelson.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    But, Media won't touch The Cubes.

Veteran
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    What's ironic is Carlisle is supposed to be the great coach.

How does Mchale make an extremely average NBA player look like a borderline allstar when Carlisle cannot.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    What's ironic is Carlisle is supposed to be the great coach.

How does Mchale make an extremely average NBA player look like a borderline allstar when Carisle cannot.
    I know you aren't serious. Carlisle has a ring, McHale can't get past the first round. It's only 14 games into the season, Parsons will progress but he isn't a star, and McHale had nothing to do with how he looked last year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But, Media won't touch The Cubes.
    Sup, Cub?

Veteran
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    I know you aren't serious. Carlisle has a ring, McHale can't get past the first round. It's only 14 games into the season, Parsons will progress but he isn't a star, and McHale had nothing to do with how he looked last year.
    Obviously McHale is a coach.

I just think it's funny Carlisle is failing

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

Carlisle isn't failing. It's early in the season. Parsons has to want to improve.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Not even Pop can work his magic if the player doesn't put forth the effort.

If Parsons fails spectacularly this season, I'd blame him more than I'd blame Carlisle.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I applauded the offer sheet only because I thought for sure Houston would match. I honestly think Cuban did too. He was trying to their cap situation and I bet he was secretly mad as that Houston let Parsons go.

He'll turn things around eventually, but he pretty clearly showed his ceiling as a player last season. Cuban tried playing chess with Morey, only for Morey to flip the board over and shove his fist up Mark's ass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I applauded the offer sheet only because I thought for sure Houston would match. I honestly think Cuban did too. He was trying to their cap situation and I bet he was secretly mad as that Houston let Parsons go.

He'll turn things around eventually, but he pretty clearly showed his ceiling as a player last season. Cuban tried playing chess with Morey, only for Morey to flip the board over and shove his fist up Mark's ass.
    Cuban should leave it to the pros, tbh. His job is to make the Mavs a contender by opening his checkbook when needed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

What makes it worse is that they lucked out on a player who's getting paid less than half of Chandler playing better d and shooting better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parsons is just a glorified Chase Budinger tbh. Dude got some nice stats playing on a team where no one is required to play defense. Mavs offered him 15m/yr in the attempt, just as my djohn said, to screw up Lockets' cap space, yet Morey acted as a genius again by not matching that offer. No doubt RC is way better a coach than McHale, but Donnie and Cuban are known idiots who were made a pair of fools by Morey tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Truth bomb, once and again the re ed pair of Donnie and Cuban hampered them Mavs. Getting TC back to Dallas was a good move though, which is the main reason why we're looking slightly better than last season tbh.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Cuban tried playing chess with Morey, only for Morey to flip the board over and shove his fist up Mark's ass.
    Sounds about right.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Morey's a re too. McHale is a ty coach but he's just acting as a yes-man for Morey in the first place. His idea for a system is extremely flawed and the only reason Houston is even a playoff team is because dwert and Harden are regular season superstars.

only shooting 3s or layups/dunks

Thread Information