Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Travelling from Canada to SA at end of January for a work event. Have the ability to see my first ever Spurs game in SA after nearly 30 years as a fan. What is the best option for tickets> Ticketmaster, Stubhub, other? Do I buy now or wait? Im` looking to be basically as close as possible. Any sections to avoid due to sightlines?

Games are PHO, WASH and SAC...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Travelling from Canada to SA at end of January for a work event. Have the ability to see my first ever Spurs game in SA after nearly 30 years as a fan. What is the best option for tickets> Ticketmaster, Stubhub, other? Do I buy now or wait? Im` looking to be basically as close as possible. Any sections to avoid due to sightlines?

Buy a ticket in the lower level at the cheapest rate possible, and walk down to the bottom after everyone settles in. I sat directly behind Sean recently and paid no where near 400 or whatever they charge for those seats.. lots of empty seats

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Good to see a fellow Canadian on here.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Buy a ticket in the lower level at the cheapest rate possible, and walk down to the bottom after everyone settles in. I sat directly behind Sean recently and paid no where near 400 or whatever they charge for those seats.. lots of empty seats

I was wondering this. Was wondering how much they check tickets before going to seat down there

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good for you, have fun! I remember being so excited to be stationed in SA for military training, thinking I was gonna be able to catch some spurs games.

Except that I forgot that training would be done a few weeks before even the preseason games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does it take a lot of guile to accomplish this? Last Spurs game I went to was 2005 and IIRC ushers were keen on examining movement to those VIP seating like where you described. Appreciate the insight!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does it take a lot of guile to accomplish this? Last Spurs game I went to was 2005 and IIRC ushers were keen on examining movement to those VIP seating like where you described. Appreciate the insight!
    Yeah the ushers watch the entrances, and check tickets, of the lower bowl seats floor to like the 12th row or whatever the last row is. Plus you enter those seats anyhow from below in the charter area.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good to see a fellow Canadian on here.
    I grew up in Toronto as well but live in Hong Kong now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When you get the ticket let us know. I would be game to hang out. I have season tickets for Fridays and weekend games this season. So I’ve been to a few games already.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

From Alberta to SA?
    Oil related business trip?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well you can go to spurs.com and buy the best ticket you can afford. If the game isn’t sold out, which it won’t be, you can go to the Spurs help desk tell them you’re from Canada and have been a fan for 30 years and would they consider giving you an upgrade. It would likely work, but get a good floor seat to begin with. I sat for years behind the basket across from the bench because tickets were much more affordable and I sat close to the floor at a better price than sideline....but that was for season tickets, but for one shot thing I’d sit near the bench in the same section....think it’s Section 6. Have a blast.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When you get the ticket let us know. I would be game to hang out. I have season tickets for Fridays and weekend games this season. So I’ve been to a few games already.
    The Suns game is Saturday night the 28th we fly in during the afternoon. The I believe 30th and 1st.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well you can go to spurs.com and buy the best ticket you can afford. If the game isn’t sold out, which it won’t be, you can go to the Spurs help desk tell them you’re from Canada and have been a fan for 30 years and would they consider giving you an upgrade. It would likely work, but get a good floor seat to begin with. I sat for years behind the basket across from the bench because tickets were much more affordable and I sat close to the floor at a better price than sideline....but that was for season tickets, but for one shot thing I’d sit near the bench in the same section....think it’s Section 6. Have a blast.
    Odds are I'm going to 3 games solo as the guys I'm with are not ball fabs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you’re gonna catch that Suns game. I have tickets for that one on the 28th

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you’re gonna catch that Suns game. I have tickets for that one on the 28th
    You selling?
    Where they located and how much?

Or you showing me around???

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You selling?
    Where they located and how much?

Or you showing me around???
    I could hang out with you and your coworkers and maybe show you around. My seats are solid, maybe if something changes closer to the month I can sell them, but as of now I’m planning to watch the game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I could hang out with you and your coworkers and maybe show you around. My seats are solid, maybe if something changes closer to the month I can sell them, but as of now I’m planning to watch the game.
    Do you have season tickets? I'm in town the second week of December and I wanted to go see them play Monday the 12 vs Cleveland.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I would definitely wait until week of. That is when you will get best deal. Aside from Suns game, there should be plenty of resale opportunities for solid value even a day or two before game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you have season tickets? I'm in town the second week of December and I wanted to go see them play Monday the 12 vs Cleveland.
    yeah I have the weekend pack for season tickets, so I’ve had like 13 or 15 tickets. Pretty solid seats too. I don’t have tickets for week day games besides Fridays. I had to buy my season opener and Alamodome tickets separately

Thread Information