Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No doubts at all really tbh...
    Even with evidence being presented… but hey, to each his own. (Wemba diehards will again take this comment as bashing the player as a whole rather than opening up a discussion about clear and obvious concerns over Wemba’s weaknesses)

Wemba is the next coming of Jesus tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even with evidence being presented… but hey, to each his own. (Wemba diehards will again take this comment as bashing the player as a whole rather than opening up a discussion about clear and obvious concerns over Wemba’s weaknesses)

Wemba is the next coming of Jesus tbh
    No, I don't think he's gonna die for my sins...but I do think he's going to be transcendent on the basketball court. I don't expect him to be defending two's and three's in space on the defensive end. He'll guard the 4 early in his career but offensively he'll play several positions. After his body finishes maturing he'll be able to play the 4 or 5 defensively.

I have no doubts. I'd trade every asset we can legally trade to get him and start building from scratch around the guy if thats what it took to get him (although it's not realistic because no team that drafts him would trade him for every asset we have...so it's get #1 or chart a plan B)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, I don't think he's gonna die for my sins...but I do think he's going to be transcendent on the basketball court. I don't expect him to be defending two's and three's in space on the defensive end. He'll guard the 4 early in his career but offensively he'll play several positions. After his body finishes maturing he'll be able to play the 4 or 5 defensively.

I have no doubts. I'd trade every asset we can legally trade to get him and start building from scratch around the guy if thats what it took to get him (although it's not realistic because no team that drafts him would trade him for every asset we have...so it's get #1 or chart a plan B)
    Tbh I just find it peculiar that when there is a question posed highlighting a potential weakness that the typical answer barely addresses it and proceeds to “I’m willing to overlook that because he’s skillful in this other area”. You started off okay by saying he won’t guard 2’s and 3’s, which by the way is obvious, but the topic on hand are quick 4’s. Quick 4’s are abundant in this league and sometimes 3’s play the 4 in today’s league. Then you trailed way off about how much you’d give up for him… not really interested in that. Real answers would involve an explanation of why Wemba won’t get abused on defense like the clips in the video I linked, and something along those lines.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blowing by Wemby doesn’t leave you in the clear. There’s that 8 Ft. wingspan, allowing him to block you from behind without fouling. But, yeah, that’s a reason to keep Jakob. He can also space you quite a bit without surrendering the ability to block your shot on the perimeter, increasing his defensive coverage of the drive.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tbh I just find it peculiar that when there is a question posed highlighting a potential weakness that the typical answer barely addresses it and proceeds to “I’m willing to overlook that because he’s skillful in this other area”. You started off okay by saying he won’t guard 2’s and 3’s, which by the way is obvious, but the topic on hand are quick 4’s. Quick 4’s are abundant in this league and sometimes 3’s play the 4 in today’s league. Then you trailed way off about how much you’d give up for him… not really interested in that. Real answers would involve an explanation of why Wemba won’t get abused on defense like the clips in the video I linked, and something along those lines.
    You didn't specify 'quick 4's' in your initial posit. The simple answer to that is that's he's athletic enough and should round out into physical shape to play Quick 4's once he figures out the game here. With his length he'll play off the ball enough to challenge players that try to blow by him instead of getting up in their grill on the perimeter. Playing off of his defender will let him channel that guy to help defenders or he can disrupt the shot if the guy trys to pull up because he's so long.

Since you're not interested in his value I'll leave that for now but the explanation I gave as to why I'm not worried about him guarding quick 4's should suffice..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blowing by Wemby doesn’t leave you in the clear. There’s that 8 Ft. wingspan, allowing him to block you from behind without fouling. But, yeah, that’s a reason to keep Jakob. He can also space you quite a bit without surrendering the ability to block your shot on the perimeter, increasing his defensive coverage of the drive.
    Great discussion going on here. Wemby should be able to be a monster on chase down blocks if he does get blown away by quicker new age type wings….. make AK47 look like a 357 Derringer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boston unlocked Robert Williams' best potential by moving him off of opposing centers defensively to allow him to be more of a free safety on defense. I think Wembanyama will be similar. The idea of a center in front and Wemby chasing down from behind with his 8' wingspan will be intimidating for anyone near the paint, and it doesn't even have to be a top notch defensive center-- a Nick Richards, Omer Yurtseven, or Luke Kornet would fit nicely next to Wemby, at a bargain price. I'd say the bigger worry is switching in the other direction, towards the SF position... one reason Keldon Johnson isn't necessarily a good fit with Wembanyama.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Love this discussion because this is a message board and discussion is the purpose of it. Surely Wemby has some weaknesses that need to be developed. I'm interested in hearing about them. That doesn't mean he shouldn't be the #1 pick, but it is interesting to take note of what development is yet to be done. Thanks for raising the topic, DJ.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In poker terms spurs are roughly an Ace 10 suited against pocket aces preflop.
    Thats a great analogy from what little i can remember from playing poker from the early 2K’s

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good. Scoot being #2 is probably another encouragement for them to keep Poeltl. Anyway the Spurs will get a good player regardless. I still want them to aquire another pick in this draft, somebody good will fall with all the talent in there
    This is a deep draft. But i could see them packaging possibly the Bulls pick, especially with the way theyre going, with a player to get another first round pick. Will be tough, from what little ive read this is gonna be, allegedly, a deep draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gets worked vs Elite bigs.
    Well, that kind of makes Elite Bigs elite. Even other elite bigs get worked by other elite bigs.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Kawhi is watching this lottery. Hope he goes back to San Antonio if Victor is drafted by them. Tired of him being on the "DNP" list for seasons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs aren't sniffing the top 3

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs draft: Kel'el Ware is the best prize for the loser of Wembanyama sweepstakes

https://airalamo.com/posts/san-anton...l-ware-profile

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pathetic win over the Heat.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These mutha ers have too much pride. Just lose guys! Was never a team tank but now it's utterly clear we don't stand a chance this year and we don't need a mid rounder unless we somehow get a stud free-agent which we all know we can't.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pops personal wins record and continuing to develop Dougie McForbesbot appears to be the current vision.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi is watching this lottery. Hope he goes back to San Antonio if Victor is drafted by them. Tired of him being on the "DNP" list for seasons.
    Dude’s about done tbh. He’ll be racking up DNPs wherever he lands. A guy who can’t play through pain isn’t going to like how his body feels as age catches up with him. If he’d of had Timmy’s knees he’d of retired two years ago.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^^Scratch that. He IS retired, he’s just getting paid by the Clippers for it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Big game for Wembanyama and his Metropolitans 92 team today vs AS Monaco, who are half a game ahead of them in the standings and feature two players with slight connections to the Spurs, Jaron Blossomgame and Donatas Motiejunas.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Rockets and Magic won tonight, so that's good news for us.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Rockets and Magic won tonight, so that's good news for us.
    Yep, watching the magic of late I don't see any way we finish ahead of them. They are putting it together just a bit and Wagner looks like the best player in redraft of that class..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep, watching the magic of late I don't see any way we finish ahead of them. They are putting it together just a bit and Wagner looks like the best player in redraft of that class..
    During pre-draft, I recall responding to people who claimed Franz wasn’t athletic enough for the NBA (hmm, it couldnt be because of his skin color that they judged him like that… no way)

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    During pre-draft, I recall responding to people who claimed Franz wasn’t athletic enough for the NBA (hmm, it couldnt be because of his skin color that they judged him like that… no way)
    Lol... I'm pretty sure you and I were very high on him from the get-go... I had him #4 on my BB and, in hindsight, that was to low...this was my top 15-

1. Cade Cunningham
    2. Evan Mobley
    3. Jonathan Kuminga
    4. Franz Wagner
    5. Jalen Green
    6. Scottie Barnes
    7. Jalen Suggs
    8. Moses Moody
    9. Alperen Sengun
    10. James Bouknight
    11. Jalen Johnson
    12. Kai Jones
    13. Corey Kispert
    14. Isaiah Jackson
    15. Chris Duarte

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Toronto fans are done with Scottie Banes, or more to the point, Nick Nurses roster of 13 PFs and two guards, few of whom can shoot.

Thread Information