Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Kawhi Leonard was drafted by the Pistons, he'd be a journeyman, too.
    I wonder what would have happened if we had drafted MKG or Aaron Gordon?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [sQUOTE=Mr. Body;10848281]If Kawhi Leonard was drafted by the Pistons, he'd be a journeyman, too.[/QUOTE]

That’s a bold take. I love the spurs system as much as the next guy, but player agency can’t be ignored. Some are motivated to be better players and people, others aren’t, and still another group recalibrates their expectations and/or get it together later.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

That’s a bold take. I love the spurs system as much as the next guy, but player agency can’t be ignored. Some are motivated to be better players and people, others aren’t, and still another group recalibrates their expectations and/or get it together later.
    It takes both the player, and the development team, but if either is lacking, no superstar. This, of course, excludes natural, generational superstars drafted at the top like a Duncan or a LeBron. They are a law unto themselves.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [sQUOTE=Mr. Body;10848281]If Kawhi Leonard was drafted by the Pistons, he'd be a journeyman, too.
    That’s a bold take. I love the spurs system as much as the next guy, but player agency can’t be ignored. Some are motivated to be better players and people, others aren’t, and still another group recalibrates their expectations and/or get it together later.[/QUOTE]

It takes both but somehow we ignore how vital the team and franchise are. So many prospects go to bad teams and are doomed.

We as Americans are generally atrocious at recognizing how vital environment, development, and opportunity are in pretty much every way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rookie player comps for Kawhi had him as an upper middle class man's Gearld Wallace. People forget how raw Leonard was at first. Tip of the cap because Kawhi did the work in the gym and honed his abilities through his talent, consistency and determination.

But no doubt Spurs development as well as having HOFers surround you right off the bat to start your career and immediately getting dropped into WCF/NBA Finals exp were also huge accelerators of Kawhi's development.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s true. He came in as a great rebounder. I think that was my first impression.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Kawhi Leonard was drafted by the Pistons, he'd be a journeyman, too.
    This.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is only 22 years old. Will turn 23 soon. This would be his rookie year if he were a four-year college player. He may make an NBA roster and become a rotational player at some point, still. We're gushing over 26-year-old Stanley, so there is time.
    He’s 22, and for two seasons, no NBA team has offered him a 15 man roster spot. He’s ing lazy with a terrible at ude.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Noah Magaro-George @N_Magaro
    24s
    Stanley Johnson has shot 30.2% from three during his eight-year NBA career.He is 10-of-19 (52.6%) from behind the arc since joining the Spurs last month.

made one more

Noah Magaro-George @N_Magaro
    now
    Stanley Johnson has shot 30.2% from three during his eight-year NBA career.He is 11-of-20 (55.0%) from behind the arc since joining the Spurs last month.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stanley getting his vs his former team

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stanley getting his vs his former team
    Detroit Pistons: "Why tho"

Thread Information