Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is that a new thing, Kev? I dont get it. Does that mean you agree with the bad take? Forget capitalizing on dumb teams making bad signings. Just good ole fashioned in poop we trust?

I just figured you ripped a Hollywood before that non coherent blurb.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m reminded of the beach scene in Saving Private Ryan, after they were somewhat established. They took a flamethrower to a German pillbox, and when the Germans staggered out on fire, screaming, the GIs shouted “No, don’t shoot them. Let them burn!”.

Let the Lakers burn on the pyre of their arrogance and tampering in the early part of the Kawhi drama. Magic Johnson, and the Lakers. We’ll have plenty of other options to rent our cap space. Let ‘em burn.
    Never help the Lakers. They'll be the first in line to steal your top players.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Never help the Lakers. They'll be the first in line to steal your top players.
    I think looting an unprotected first from them for Westbrook would be hurting them since they're not going to win with Lonnie Walker a critical part of their rotation. But they'd think it was good for them, going all-in for a le in LeBron's last year there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KingKev ripped a hollywood? Is that accusation of coke use or something? My name has drunk in it, man. I'm not being coy about alcohol influenced takes, but come on. Dont put lines up my nose.

Also, if you can't make sense of what I'm getting at. Idk, man. Maybe try reading it again? I cant make it much more clear.

I think the spurs should lay off using free agent flexibility for signings, and use it for trades instead.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And there's another point BaselineBum

Why would the spurs not just dump lonnie to la, before deadline? Even a protrected 2nd round pick would be more than just letting him walk.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I think the spurs should lay off using free agent flexibility for signings, and use it for trades instead.
    I agree and it appears that is what they are actually doing this summer. I was fearful they were making efforts and getting shut down but they reportedly didn’t even make an offer to anyone first two days of free agency.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And there's another point BaselineBum

Why would the spurs not just dump lonnie to la, before deadline? Even a protrected 2nd round pick would be more than just letting him walk.
    I’m sure Walker was on the block and suspect there was virtually no interest league wide. His bird rights had very little value if any and his cap hold was punitive. He was a desperation signing for the Lakers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m sure Walker was on the block and suspect there was virtually no interest league wide. His bird rights had very little value if any and his cap hold was punitive. He was a desperation signing for the Lakers.
    Lonnie, playing with Lebron and Davis, would not surprise me if he has a better year than Murray. He is fully capable and Murray is not going to have to defer to Young.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie, playing with Lebron and Davis, would not surprise me if he has a better year than Murray. He is fully capable and Murray is not going to have to defer to Young.
    It seems like every player the Spurs let walk, that player rings. QueenMary and Forbes before him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We’ll see. By the end of his tenure as a Spur he had a green light to take shots and zero accountability on the defensive end and still floundered.

He’ basically Malik Monk’s replacement and i think he’ll probably have a similar season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really see a LeBron/AD/Kyrie possibility than a LeBron/AD/KD. Both would be scary shiite

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray plays great defense.

Lonnie is a worse defender than Forbes. No matter what Walker does sporadically on offense, he gives it up on defense every time. That's really why he's gone. He showed spurts on O, never really showed anything on D.

When judged all around, I'd be shocked if Lonnie is "better" next year than DJ.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would love to get either of those 2 lakers picks. I don't care if it helps them win. If Westbrook comes here he's never playing a game anyway. He'll get bought out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think looting an unprotected first from them for Westbrook would be hurting them since they're not going to win with Lonnie Walker a critical part of their rotation. But they'd think it was good for them, going all-in for a le in LeBron's last year there.
    Their 2 picks are gold imo. Get an unprotected pick from them either of those two years would be amazing.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would love to get either of those 2 lakers picks. I don't care if it helps them win. If Westbrook comes here he's never playing a game anyway. He'll get bought out.
    That's a sizable buyout for Spurs standards.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think there's a legit chance he could start. That would be hilarious

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No ing way they'd let him be around the youngsters. No ing chance in . Dude would complain about touches as we tanked our way to 20 wins.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No ing way they'd let him be around the youngsters. No ing chance in . Dude would complain about touches as we tanked our way to 20 wins.
    Not sure. I think he's probably fed up beyond belief being the dumpster for all the Lakers failures. I mean dude is getting roasted daily and is lashing back like he never has before in his career. He'd probably relish being back in a small market city that's knowingly tanking while earning a cool 47M

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Tobis Harris maybe potential target for Spurs' cap space, but Sixers got many picks already involved in trades and protections.

2023 - More favorable of (i) PHL and (ii) less favorable of BRK and HOU to BRK then other to UTH (via HOU swap for BRK; via BRK to UTH)

2024 - Own

2025 - 1-6 Own; 7-30 to OKC

2026 - 1-4 Own; 5-30 to OKC if not already settled

2027 - 1-4 Own; 5-30 to OKC if not already settled; or 1-8 Own; 9-30 to BRK if PHL conveys 1st round pick to OKC in 2025

2028 - 1-8 Own; 9-30 to BRK if not already settled and if PHL has conveyed 1st round pick to OKC by 2026

2029 - Own

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Tobis Harris maybe potential target for Spurs' cap space, but Sixers got many picks already involved in trades and protections.

2023 - More favorable of (i) PHL and (ii) less favorable of BRK and HOU to BRK then other to UTH (via HOU swap for BRK; via BRK to UTH)

2024 - Own

2027 - 1-4 Own; 5-30 to OKC if not already settled; or 1-8 Own; 9-30 to BRK if PHL conveys 1st round pick to OKC in 2025

2028 - 1-8 Own; 9-30 to BRK if not already settled and if PHL has conveyed 1st round pick to OKC by 2026

2029 - Own
    Unless they are giving up Maxey I don't think they have the assets to offload him to us.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

2024 - Own

2029 - Own

Would have to be 3-4 FRPs for Harris. Guy owed like $80 million over 2 seasons...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would have to be 3-4 FRPs for Harris. Guy owed like $80 million over 2 seasons...
    And he can still play, which is not what Spurs are looking for

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unless they are giving up Maxey I don't think they have the assets to offload him to us.
    You don't trade Maxey just to unload Harris, which would help you to pay more to Harden and get someone who can play on Maxey level

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You don't trade Maxey just to unload Harris, which would help you to pay more to Harden and get someone who can play on Maxey level
    That's kinda my point...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Recent ESPN article suggested a 4 way trade.

Nets get Ayton, Mikal Bridges, Josh Richardson, ‘23 1st from Cha via Spurs, ‘25 1st from Phx top 4 protected, ‘27 1st from Phx top 14 protected.

Lakers get Irving

Phoenix gets Durant

Spurs get Russ and two unprotected 1sts from LAL

Thread Information