Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I never said all polls were fake or skewed, I gave a specific example of the Reuters poll, which you agreed was purposely skewed.
    Some of us are aware that polls are intentionally skewed to show Clinton favorably. At least Reuters is admitting it
    So not all, just some unknown quan y. Got it.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    So not all, just some unknown quan y. Got it.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not unknown how they bias, we have several cycles worth of data which includes polls and election outcomes including this year's primaries. 538 made his name doing it and has Hillary favored with 4:1 odds.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

GA and AZ are trending blue. If she flips those states it will be the biggest statement since 1984. and now it's 6:1.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    U

Just make sure to bump this when ShillAdolphs numbers start dropping after the debates
    And then there is the real world where Clinton, a seasoned attorney and politician, articulates policy positions extremely well whereas Trump tries to insult which hurts him in the contested electors in the general.

The that sells in the primary doesn't sell now. Youre like him and just cannot help yourself.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The same seasoned attorney that killed our ambassador, created ISIS and woulda shot down Russian jets thus starting WW3??

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    The same seasoned attorney that killed our ambassador, created ISIS and woulda shot down Russian jets thus starting WW3??
    ISIS was created in 2006.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's never going to be another Republican President. The coalition they've had since 1968 has collapsed, and there is no path forward. They were always a coalition of movement conservatives, big business, and nationalists. The social conservatives were really just nationalists all along -- look at evangelical support for Trump. But for 40+ years, big business and the movement guys got some goodies, but the nationalists suffered loss after loss. And most of the nationalism was white nationalism. Most of evangelical Christianity in this country was just a religious veneer smeared over a less virulent form of white nationalism to make it look respectable. The nationalists were always the base, and this year they have rebelled and gone for the strongman. And next time they'll go for another strongman. Because what they wanted the GOP to do was to stem the tide to keep black and brown people out, or at least keep them down, but the GOP never did that. I mean, they'd screw over poor people in general, but their heart was never in screwing over minorities, beyond just not doing anything to fix the past. The economic changes over the past 40 years have been great for the top 15% or so, and there have been lots of programs to give minorities a leg up. But the white working class feels like it has all been at their expense, so they have rebelled and embraced white race consciousness. The rest of the GOP won't be able to stomach this. When it was wink wink nudge nudge they played along, but it's too overt now. The elites culturally identify more with the Democrats anyway, and at that level there is a bipartisan socially liberal consensus. The Mitt Romney wing of the party is now a more natural fit with the Democrats, and eventually the Paul Ryan wing will be too. So all the GOP will have is its white nationalist rump, and while that can still win some state elections, it can't win nationally. And with Democratic policy running the country, demographics mean that rump will get smaller and smaller. What is interesting is whether the white nationalists will reject the American creed outright from their iden y and try to take political power by force once they realize they can't win elections anymore.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BENGHAZI!!

You would need to deflect from their relative ability to debate. Hillary might be a but she is not stupid or inexperienced by any stretch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The social conservatives were really just nationalists all along -- look at evangelical support for Trump. But for 40+ years, big business and the movement guys got some goodies, but the nationalists suffered loss after loss. And most of the nationalism was white nationalism. Most of evangelical Christianity in this country was just a religious veneer smeared over a less virulent form of white nationalism to make it look respectable.
    Pretty solid take, tbh...this piece in particular

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hillary Clinton’s rise in the polls has brought back accusations, similar to those made by Mitt Romney supporters in 2012, that the polls are skewed against the Republican nominee, Donald Trump. The podcast crew breaks down why that’s unlikely and explains what information pollsters use to weight their polls and construct their samples. FiveThirtyEight contributor Julia Azari also joins the podcast to talk about why a third-party candidacy is not taking off, even though some of the conditions seem right.
    http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...polls-is-back/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty solid take, tbh...this piece in particular
    We all have white hooded pajamas, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We all have white hooded pajamas, tbh
    You're an evangelical? I thought you professed deism.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ISIS was created in 2006.
    Negatory

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're an evangelical? I thought you professed deism.
    No, I'm a Rebublican, therefore I'm racist, bigoted, phobic, sexist, Islamophobic, xenophobic, and misogynist.

On the flip side, Hillary carries hot sauce with her at all times. She's down.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, I'm a Rebublican, therefore I'm racist, bigoted, phobic, sexist, Islamophobic, xenophobic, and misogynist.
    This is your problem. You identify with the worst elements of your party and white knight for them even though you say you're not one of them. ES' post clearly wasn't about moderate non-evangelical Republicans, yet you're still taking his post as an attack on you.

You do the same thing when anyone calls out racists, xenophobes, etc. If you're not one, then don't take offense when they're called out.

It's pretty easy to distance yourself from barbarism.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This article is a bit longer explanation of ES posted above. I know I discussed this when I posted here before. The talk after 2012 was that the GOP had to learn to be more attractive to minorities, but they've done the opposite. They've doubled down on white nationalism and they've done it with a guy who isn't conservative so it is easy to expose it for what it is. Donald Trump doesn't even pay lip service to conservationism and instead has gone full white populist. In part, liberals share the blame in how we demonized Bush. I thought Bush was as bad as it could get. Holy were we wrong. But the intellectuals within the GOP aren't having it. Its amazing that a woman candidate who has been attacked by the GOP for 30+ years is getting more support from the GOP than any other Democrat candidate I can ever remember.

http://www.vox.com/2016/7/25/1225651...trump-avik-roy

ES is right. The GOP as we've known it is done with being able to win the presidency with the demographic makeup of this country. This writing has been on the walls for awhile but this time its finally coming to fruition and the demographics will only get more unfavorable for the Trump voters as we move into the future.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's never going to be another Republican President. The coalition they've had since 1968 has collapsed, and there is no path forward. They were always a coalition of movement conservatives, big business, and nationalists. The social conservatives were really just nationalists all along -- look at evangelical support for Trump. But for 40+ years, big business and the movement guys got some goodies, but the nationalists suffered loss after loss. And most of the nationalism was white nationalism. Most of evangelical Christianity in this country was just a religious veneer smeared over a less virulent form of white nationalism to make it look respectable. The nationalists were always the base, and this year they have rebelled and gone for the strongman. And next time they'll go for another strongman. Because what they wanted the GOP to do was to stem the tide to keep black and brown people out, or at least keep them down, but the GOP never did that. I mean, they'd screw over poor people in general, but their heart was never in screwing over minorities, beyond just not doing anything to fix the past. The economic changes over the past 40 years have been great for the top 15% or so, and there have been lots of programs to give minorities a leg up. But the white working class feels like it has all been at their expense, so they have rebelled and embraced white race consciousness. The rest of the GOP won't be able to stomach this. When it was wink wink nudge nudge they played along, but it's too overt now. The elites culturally identify more with the Democrats anyway, and at that level there is a bipartisan socially liberal consensus. The Mitt Romney wing of the party is now a more natural fit with the Democrats, and eventually the Paul Ryan wing will be too. So all the GOP will have is its white nationalist rump, and while that can still win some state elections, it can't win nationally. And with Democratic policy running the country, demographics mean that rump will get smaller and smaller. What is interesting is whether the white nationalists will reject the American creed outright from their iden y and try to take political power by force once they realize they can't win elections anymore.

Jesus . Truth bomb after truth bomb in this post.

Etch this ing thing in the ether for all the ST to see the next 20 years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Bush and Rumsfeld decision in the aftermath of the invasion to blackball Baathists carte blanche disenfranchised an entire class of people that would go onto become ISIS. Blaming Hillary for it is asinine.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This analysis is quite cynical and overshot, yet not way off. The new coalition will include new voters from the independents and old democrat voters who are more like civic nationalist who would form a coalition with the ethno nationalist.

People will start seeing the kochtopuss strangling the labor force and will revolt if BLM starts turning municipalities sao paulo.

Most people deep down do not want to see a high trust society disinegrate. Nope, my friend. The new nationalist party will evolve and be a major player for a century.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Bush and Rumsfeld decision in the aftermath of the invasion to blackball Baathists carte blanche disenfranchised an entire class of people that would go onto become ISIS. Blaming Hillary for it is asinine.
    You got it half right. It's true many of those Iraqi men joined ISIS and it was in its fetal state in Iraq. But killing off Ghadafi and opening the gates of in Lybia and the weapons flow gave it life. That's on mother Shillary

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bump

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    y u so mean?

TheSanityAnnex
    why are you still ducking my question? Day 2.

Thread Information