Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Saw this comment on a pounding the rock thread...

From Joshua Munn on youtube, take it with a grain of salt

From what I’m hearing from my source: Lakers, Spurs, Wizards, Warriors, Raptors and 76ers are all in talks for possibly the biggest trade in NBA history the ultimate game changer where the Lakers and Warriors become superteams receiving DeMar DeRozen who may sign the MLE if the Spurs don’t agree to the deal. But they’re agreeing to terms right now to receive a few players they want Beal but are settled on Ben Simmons. Kelly Oubre and Kyle Kuzma and Montrezl Harrell most likely or the Spurs who would get possibly Kelly Oubre or Andrew Wiggins, Kyle Kuzma, Montrezl Harrell, THT, Alfonso McKinnie in a sign and trade, all of these in sign and trades.

Trezz only agreed to opt in to be traded to either the Spurs or Raptors along with Dennis Schroder, KCP is now on the chopping block and so is Marc Gasol because the Raptors want him back to take Schroder and Talen Horton Tucker. The plan is Russell Westbrook has been in communication with LeBron that he wants to be a Laker whatever the cost. LeBron tells him that they are looking to put Kyle Lowry, DeMar DeRozen via sign and trades and Spencer Dinwiddie for the MLE on the team but now Dinwiddie currently is thinking of taking a veteran minimum deal to play with this crazy line up proposed by Russell Westbrook.

LeBron who after his current deal expires plans to re-sign a 3-4 year deal with the Lakers with Davis signing 3+1 deal as well with the Lakers with DeRozen if they can get Westbrook and Lowry via sign and trades that I just mentioned a few sentences ago and Pelinka and Jeanie think they can pull this off and Jeanie is creaming herself over all this: DeRozen taking significantly less money this year the MLE to sign and ring guaranteed chase in a starting line-up after a possible six team trade one of the team’s not mentioned including the 76ers who would send Ben Simmons to either the Spurs or Warriors, Spurs are more likely.

While the Lakers next season have a starting line-up of LeBron, AD, DeRozen who would re-sign in the off-season a 5 year max after taking the MLE this season, Russell Westbrook and Kyle Lowry who would spend the rest of their careers in L.A. signing 4-7 year deals respectively (Lowry signs 4 and after Russ’s 2 years are up he signs 5). Dinwiddie if the Lakers pull this off will take the veteran minimum and be the second option PG, Russ would play SG, DeRozen would play SF, LeBron would be PF, Davis is willing to play C with Cousins as the secondary. If the Lakers can only get 2/3 players especially only Lowry and DeRozen then Dinwiddie takes the MLE himself only saving it for DeRozen.
    The amount of moving parts makes this seem kinda ridiculous, but interesting to speculate nonetheless. scenario is kinda confusing though:

But they’re agreeing to terms right now to receive a few players they want Beal but are settled on Ben Simmons. Kelly Oubre and Kyle Kuzma and Montrezl Harrell most likely or the Spurs who would get possibly Kelly Oubre or Andrew Wiggins, Kyle Kuzma, Montrezl Harrell, THT, Alfonso McKinnie in a sign and trade, all of these in sign and trades.

so who is "they" as in who wants beal but settled on simmons? and for a trade this large and this much incoming salary it couldn't be for just Demar.

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Getting Simmons is like getting Demar, if not worse. This lesson has been taught already and hopefully it was learned.

Just ing fully die off and go into the lottery a couple of times. Don't overpay for some quasi-star that would make us a .500 team at absolute best.

Glad we "missed" on Simmons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So basically the Lakers could end up with Derozan and Westbrook. That is a weird team in the sense that both Derozan and Westbrook can't shoot 3's so the spacing on that team would be terrible.
    No one would be able to stop them on the inside though. Lakers fast break would be nuts, especially if AD sacks up and plays at the 5 exclusively

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

From what I’m hearing from my source: Lakers, Spurs, Wizards, Warriors, Raptors and 76ers are all in talks for possibly the biggest trade in NBA history the ultimate game changer where the Lakers and Warriors become superteams receiving DeMar DeRozen who may sign the MLE if the Spurs don’t agree to the deal. But they’re agreeing to terms right now to receive a few players they want Beal but are settled on Ben Simmons. Kelly Oubre and Kyle Kuzma and Montrezl Harrell most likely or the Spurs who would get possibly Kelly Oubre or Andrew Wiggins, Kyle Kuzma, Montrezl Harrell, THT, Alfonso McKinnie in a sign and trade, all of these in sign and trades.

Trezz only agreed to opt in to be traded to either the Spurs or Raptors along with Dennis Schroder, KCP is now on the chopping block and so is Marc Gasol because the Raptors want him back to take Schroder and Talen Horton Tucker. The plan is Russell Westbrook has been in communication with LeBron that he wants to be a Laker whatever the cost. LeBron tells him that they are looking to put Kyle Lowry, DeMar DeRozen via sign and trades and Spencer Dinwiddie for the MLE on the team but now Dinwiddie currently is thinking of taking a veteran minimum deal to play with this crazy line up proposed by Russell Westbrook.

LeBron who after his current deal expires plans to re-sign a 3-4 year deal with the Lakers with Davis signing 3+1 deal as well with the Lakers with DeRozen if they can get Westbrook and Lowry via sign and trades that I just mentioned a few sentences ago and Pelinka and Jeanie think they can pull this off and Jeanie is creaming herself over all this: DeRozen taking significantly less money this year the MLE to sign and ring guaranteed chase in a starting line-up after a possible six team trade one of the team’s not mentioned including the 76ers who would send Ben Simmons to either the Spurs or Warriors, Spurs are more likely.

While the Lakers next season have a starting line-up of LeBron, AD, DeRozen who would re-sign in the off-season a 5 year max after taking the MLE this season, Russell Westbrook and Kyle Lowry who would spend the rest of their careers in L.A. signing 4-7 year deals respectively (Lowry signs 4 and after Russ’s 2 years are up he signs 5). Dinwiddie if the Lakers pull this off will take the veteran minimum and be the second option PG, Russ would play SG, DeRozen would play SF, LeBron would be PF, Davis is willing to play C with Cousins as the secondary. If the Lakers can only get 2/3 players especially only Lowry and DeRozen then Dinwiddie takes the MLE himself only saving it for DeRozen.
    Hmmmm.......if this exact trade doesn't happen, I'm pretty sure some wildness ensues in the next 24hrs or so.
    I'm ok with the general concept. I bet LeBron is pulling for DJ, too. All speculative, but, this might make the Spurs grab Mitc .
    That would be one uva blockbuster.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one would be able to stop them on the inside though. Lakers fast break would be nuts, especially if AD sacks up and plays at the 5 exclusively
    Just zone those mother ers every possession

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A lot of the problems Simmons has are mental, so I can't imagine an entire off season of trade rumors and proposals are going to help him very much. it's interesting how relentlessness and mental approach can lead to such hugely different results. People looking at Simmons now say you can't win with a non-shooter as your number one guy, but then look at Giannis and say he's a prime candidate for best player in the world. Giannis had huge free throw issues in these playoffs, but never let it stop him from doing everything that he wanted to do. In that last game that Simmons played, he was practically playing behind his defender to avoid receiving passes...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Sounds like a Laker website bot creating an AI article. Very hard to read.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So basically the Lakers could end up with Derozan and Westbrook. That is a weird team in the sense that both Derozan and Westbrook can't shoot 3's so the spacing on that team would be terrible.

Not only that, but Lebron is the primary ball handler. What are those guys going to do while Lebron is dribbling for 15 seconds of the 24 second shot clock.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    morey

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Lol Morey. This is a pattern

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That deal is sooo convoluted/complex...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

this trade looks something like this:

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not gonna lie…. I know the spurs are getting fleeced in that deal but I wouldn’t mind it tbh lol we need a franchise guy to build around bad

What a dingbat.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

now Dinwiddie currently is thinking of taking a veteran minimum deal to play with this crazy line up proposed by Russell Westbrook.

This would never happen.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Simmons is not a franchise player unless all of a sudden he can start hitting close to 40% of three point shots he takes and even then I still don’t know if he is a franchise player. He’s a borderline All Star at best. If I’m the Spurs I would only trade for Simmons if DeRozan says he wants to go there. Then you can do a S&T deal involving Simmons so that you get something outta DeRozan leaving.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought a Derozan Poeltl pick and roll was the most useless play in basketball since it involves a guard who won't ever shoot a 3 and a big who can barely dunk so both defenders are just going to retreat all the way to the rim without any fear of anything happening on offense. A Simmons Poeltl pick and roll, where Simmons is not a threat to shoot from anywhere...ever..might be the most useless play in basketball history

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sixers are calling everyone and anyone trying to rid themselves of simmons. Maybe the price eventually goes down

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    You mind if I tweet this out?

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Simmons is not a franchise player unless all of a sudden he can start hitting close to 40% of three point shots he takes and even then I still don’t know if he is a franchise player. He’s a borderline All Star at best. If I’m the Spurs I would only trade for Simmons if DeRozan says he wants to go there. Then you can do a S&T deal involving Simmons so that you get something outta DeRozan leaving.
    would be chip englland's biggest test yet. though i think Simmons' shooting issues are purely mental. combine mental fragility and poor work ethic and i don't there's anyway this dude ever improves his shot

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think all of these "stories" are made up and have no basis in fact.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That Lakers team would be hilarious to watch. Lowry/ Westbrook/ DeRozan/ LeBron/ AD
    they would lose in the first round and implode as fast as the Nash/Dwight Howard/Kobe Lakers.

I want Simmons though, I got all the faith in Chip fixing his jumper but the Sixers asking price is way too high. Also don’t Trade DJ he‘s the best player on this team

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This would never happen.
    Agree. Some youtubers have waaaaaay too much time on their hands.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry, but Simmons is far from a franchise player. That is a ridiculous ask for someone who is seriously overrated in this league. He mindset might prevent him from ever being "the guy" on any team. A fourth piece on a super-team? Certainly. But you don't hand the reins to, nor bet the farm on, Ben Simmons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry, but Simmons is far from a franchise player. That is a ridiculous ask for someone who is seriously overrated in this league. He mindset might prevent him from ever being "the guy" on any team. A fourth piece on a super-team? Certainly. But you don't hand the reins to, nor bet the farm on, Ben Simmons.
    I dont think he's overrated anymore tbh, secret's out

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This feels like it’s all Morey putting out offers he knows will be rejected quickly, and then leaking the ask to the press … “four firsts and three swaps”

He’s hoping a team comes in and says, “what about three firsts and two swaps?” … or something of that sort. Issue is with Embiid’s prime not lasting forever, they can’t wait that many years and hope to hit on draft picks. More likely an immediate contributing vet (top 30 guy) where salaries match + young prospect + pick(s).

Thread Information