My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just an observation

( what a Spursraiderresque thread)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    westbruck, harden, durant, green, ibaka...

Scarlett our Goddess4ever
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    not as bad as trading beard for a one-season rental of Martin and lamb though, at least Pork did a fine job on Tammy during the 2012 WCF and earned them an appearance in the NBA finals.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But Green = GOD !!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not as bad as trading beard for a one-season rental of Martin and lamb though, at least Pork did a fine job on Tammy during the 2012 WCF and earned them an appearance in the NBA finals.
    Pretty sure Presti would like to think of it as the Steven Adams trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol methkc stealn teams... Sh*ty fans like TU...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too bad they are responsible for both of those trades

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Also rejected a trade for Tyson Chandler. lol they'd have curbstomped Miami 3 years straight now with Tyson, Green, and Harden.

presti
    called a "genius" for picking good players with top 5 picks.

Scarlett our Goddess4ever
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    they didn't reject the Chandler deal if I remember correct. It was TC himself who failed medical so the trade was rescinded as a result.

Believe.
    My Team
    Oklahoma City Thunder
    Post Count
    Perkins for Green, at the time, was a good move. Green was a joke at PF and OKCs biggest hole at the time was front court defense. They were getting abused by bigger front courts. Perk has now moved aside for Adams. He is no longer OKCs man in the middle.

Clever got me this far... JMarkJohns's Avatar
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    I wouldn't say he failed a physical. The OKC docs red flagged a toe. Technically, yeah, but it was a toe. Clearly that's not been an issue too much since.

Guy had just helped Hornets to semis, then helped the Bobcats make playoffs and helped Dallas to the le.

Definitely a silly decision for the cost (they were giving up nobody to get him), so they could have kept Green and had Ibaka off the bench.

Outside of Ibaka, Presti hasn't drafted outside the top-6 or draft-day traded very well at all.

Trading up for BJ Mullens?
    Trading up for Cole Aldrich?
    Traded Eric Bledsoe?
    Drafted Reggie Bullock?
    Drafted Perry Jones III?

Adams seems like there might be something there, but they either didn't keep the talent they drafted (Bledsoe, Beaubois, Taj Gibson, Quincy Pondexter), traded up for ty players (Aldrich, Mullens), or selected players that have never contributed (Bullock, PJIII).

Almost every time he made a trade from 2009 on, he's received the worst of the deal.

They effectively balked at taking Chandler for scraps and keeping talent like Green, Krstic, Bledsoe, Pondexter in order to trade effectively Green, Krstic, Bledsoe for Perkins, and Pondexter for Aldrich, whom they then used as filler to acquire Martin for Harden, and Martin was then traded for an exception.

Hilarious.

Westbrook, Bledsoe
    Harden (Pondexter or Westbrook)
    Durant, Pondexter
    Green, Taj Gibson
    Chandler, Ibaka

That is ing scary... Add some cheap spot up shooting and that owns from 2009 until now.

Is there no one else? AchillesHeel's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't say he failed a physical. The OKC docs red flagged a toe. Technically, yeah, but it was a toe. Clearly that's not been an issue too much since.

Guy had just helped Hornets to semis, then helped the Bobcats make playoffs and helped Dallas to the le.

Definitely a silly decision for the cost (they were giving up nobody to get him), so they could have kept Green and had Ibaka off the bench.

Outside of Ibaka, Presti hasn't drafted outside the top-6 or draft-day traded very well at all.

Trading up for BJ Mullens?
    Trading up for Cole Aldrich?
    Traded Eric Bledsoe?
    Drafted Reggie Bullock?
    Drafted Perry Jones III?

Adams seems like there might be something there, but they either didn't keep the talent they drafted (Bledsoe, Beaubois, Taj Gibson, Quincy Pondexter), traded up for ty players (Aldrich, Mullens), or selected players that have never contributed (Bullock, PJIII).

Almost every time he made a trade from 2009 on, he's received the worst of the deal.

They effectively balked at taking Chandler for scraps and keeping talent like Green, Krstic, Bledsoe, Pondexter in order to trade effectively Green, Krstic, Bledsoe for Perkins, and Pondexter for Aldrich, whom they then used as filler to acquire Martin for Harden, and Martin was then traded for an exception.

Hilarious.

Westbrook, Bledsoe
    Harden (Pondexter or Westbrook)
    Durant, Pondexter
    Green, Taj Gibson
    Chandler, Ibaka

That is ing scary... Add some cheap spot up shooting and that owns from 2009 until now.

Thunder are a small market team, they can't afford having all those guys on contracts, KD,RWB,Harden and Chandler are all max players, they can't spend the way the Lakers and Knicks do

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just an observation

( what a Spursraiderresque thread)
    Tbh, Jeff Green is god, but when Rondo returns that will mess that up...

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Hilarious.
    shaqdunksondudley.gif

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count

Thunder are a small market team, they can't afford having all those guys on contracts, KD,RWB,Harden and Chandler are all max players, they can't spend the way the Lakers and Knicks do
    You're funny.

Let's say Presti doesn't trade Landry for a nothing 2nd and keeps him, too...

Like 90% of that listed roster was on rookie-scale contracts.

2007-08: Durant, Green, Landry
    2008-09: Durant, Green, Landry, Westbrook, Ibaka
    2009-10: Durant, Green, Landry, Westbrook, Ibaka, Harden, Gibson, Mullens
    2010-11: Durant, Green, Westbrook, Ibaka, Harden, Gibson, Mullens, Bledsoe, Pondexter

So, let's say OKC convinces Chandler to resign and extend Durant in 2011, then trade Green out of strength, not desperate need.

OKC has three players in Chandler, Durant, Landry totaling roughly 25-30 million and on rookie-scale:

2011-12: Westbrook, Ibaka, Harden, Gibson, Mullens, Bledsoe, Pondexter

So, let's assume that because Ibaka wasn't a huge rotation player, he doesn't cost 10 million per. They extend/match for Westbrook/Ibaka.

OKC now has five players in Chandler, Durant, Landry, Harden, Ibaka totaling roughly 45 million and on rookie scale:

2012-13: Harden, Gibson, Mullens, Bledsoe, Pondexter (all of whom add a mere 12-15 million total on top of 45 million).

So for no more than 60 million per from 2009-2013, the OKC Thunder, with very little variation, could have been:

PG: Westbrook, Bledsoe
    SG: Harden, Pondexter
    SF: Durant, (Pondexter)
    PF: Green, Landry, Gibson
    C: Chandler, Ibaka, Mullens

That's five years with the above roster that likely only requires trading either Green or Ibaka post 2011/12.

Sure, forever it would have been too costly, but they'd have had the assets to trade from strength, not need, and thus not overpay. Plus, when you aren't paying Perkins, Collison, Sefolosha roughly 15 million per season for 15 combined PPG, you net a lot of CAP flexibility.

Believe.
    My Team
    Oklahoma City Thunder
    Post Count
    Hindsight is always 20/20

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Hindsight is always 20/20
    Trading the 31st overall pick (Landry) for cash and a future 2nd from a playoff team (Houston) isn't smart regardless.
    Resigning/Trading for multiple non-offensive options and paying each mid-level or more isn't smart regardless.

The point was Presti was proclaimed a genius and, outside of drafting well in the top-5, hasn't really done a lot.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count

Tbh, they lost their right to cry poor when they moved the team out of Seattle....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pork went pretty HAM in that series. He was hitting jumpshots at some point alongside with Ibaka going perfect....

Soft Like Twinkie Filling Juggity's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Green had that heart issue. He would have been out of commission for the Thunder for a whole season at least. While they could certainly use him now, a couple of years ago, he seemed like an expendable piece and a medical liability.

I don't think Porkins/Green is nearly as bad a trade as Harden/Martin

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Traded him before heart issue.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why are people in love with Green now? Because he's putting up numbers on a garbage team now?

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Why are people in love with Green now? Because he's putting up numbers on a garbage team now?
    I could care less about Green. He's solid. But he was always more talented than Perkins would be, and throw in a quality big in Krstic and an LAC 1st and factor in Presti voided acquiring Chandler for the goodbye tour of Joe Smith, nothing player Chris Wilcox, and prospect filler Devon Hardin because he was afraid of being stuck with an injury-prone, non-offensive big and the irony of paying Green, Krstic and LAC 1st to end up doing just that, only for a lesser talent and longer contract is just so damn hilarious, what, for a genius and all.

Thread Information