Page 429 of 491 FirstFirst ... 329379419425426427428429430431432433439479 ... LastLast
Results 10,701 to 10,725 of 12267
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m thinking spurs did try to trade for George but they would have wanted one or both of Tony or Manu in the deal and no way the spurs were parting with one of them in deal. LOYALTY. Big motto for spurs. Honesty, I would have taken George for a deal including Parker in a heartbeat

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol at all you blaming the Spurs for not getting PG

The Spurs has a legitimate shot at taking down GS the year Nephew got Zaza'd. Why that up? Running it back was the right move. Not their fault Neph turned out to be the biggest POS in the league.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m thinking spurs did try to trade for George but they would have wanted one or both of Tony or Manu in the deal and no way the spurs were parting with one of them in deal. LOYALTY. Big motto for spurs. Honesty, I would have taken George for a deal including Parker in a heartbeat
    Not even close. Indiana wouldn't want an aging Parker and Manu in a trade. They want young assets to start a rebuild. We didn't have that because we were winning and dominating the NBA and not getting a bunch of lottery picks or cashing in our star players for a bunch of lottery picks when they would have commanded that value. Spurs could not match the Thunder offer, plain and simple. We are just barely starting to stockpile young players, and none of them are even lottery picks. For sure back then we did not have a bunch of attractive assets to package in a trade.

Enemy of the FCC and AMA Dr. John R. Brinkley's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So much spin getting put out there, likely by Fun Guy’s team and the Clippers, on how close he was to signing with the Raptors, or that if Magic hadn’t opened his mouth he was really considering playing with the Lakers. Trying to make him look to be a good guy. Ridiculous, in my opinion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    b-but patty and pau aren’t elite?!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only an idiot would think Paul George is a more elite talent than Tim Duncan even from 2012-2015. Who would honestly pick PG over TD to win a playoff series?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kiwi still throwing jabs at Pop & Company
    No "front office pedigree"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have you noticed that that conniving no. 2 speaks more to the media now than when he was in San Antonio? Almost as if he was making sure that he hid his true intentions to get out of San Antonio.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He said prime at his age. I think Kiwi didn’t want to be in the big 3 shadow. I don’t know if that’s coming from him or Uncle Dennis because of the lucrative deals nor star treatment he couldn’t get.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only an idiot would think Paul George is a more elite talent than Tim Duncan even from 2012-2015. Who would honestly pick PG over TD to win a playoff series?
    Td wasn’t in his prime anymore.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did he say he tried to get pg to the spurs?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Summer 2017

Who would have been offered in a trade package for George that Indy would have taken if they took Victor Oladip and Domantas Sabonis?

LMA? Parker? Kyle Anderson?
    He just witnessed pop's team meltdown after he went down in the WCF.

This Whole LMA is trash stuff is ridiculous dude has lead teams to the playoffs every year of his career except for two years. Meanwhile a top 5 talent like Davis can't drag teams to the playoffs.

Did they even make an offer?

So, he called in sick for an entire year.

Summer 2017 they gave Patty 4yr/$50 mil and Pau 3yr/$38 mil

LMA is trash.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, he called in sick for an entire year.

LMA is trash.

LOL. Beavis, you dumbass. Toronto had a whole team that was perfectly constructed to complement him, and they won the LOB. And he left them, too.

At least you admit that he faked injury for a year, because he didn't get everything exactly the way he wanted it. That's a good first step.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And yet, he was still more of an NBA force than that pussy PG13, AKA, "I want a trade, and now I want another one".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL. Beavis, you dumbass. Toronto had a whole team that was perfectly constructed to complement him, and they won the LOB. And he left them, too.

At least you admit that he faked injury for a year, because he didn't get everything exactly the way he wanted it. That's a good first step.
    This. Everything with Kiwi are lies as he goes along. Bottomline, he wanted to play in Los Angeles. Lakers was his 1st choice but LeBron got there first. Kiwi is a puppet and says what his Uncle wants him to say. It’s pathetic.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And yet, he was still more of an NBA force than that pussy PG13, AKA, "I want a trade, and now I want another one".
    Thank you for making my point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And yet he was still Elite.

Shows how great he truly was in his prime.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And yet he was still Elite.

Shows how great he truly was in his prime.
    I try not to be salty about kawhi leaving the spurs, it’s in the past. But his comments are straight disrespect toward Tim. We all know TD is modest, but do you honestly think TD didn’t think he was elite in our last championship runs? yeah he did, and he was.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably didn't help that Pop kept calling him The Big One.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs are going to clown this dude next year. I'm not scared of the Clippers.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    for whatever reason he cannot handle black American players—see: Stephen Jackson, Dwayne Dedmon, Jonathan Simmons, kawhi Leonard.
    Or maybe you have it backward and it's today's black American players who can't handle playing for a successful, authoritative, older white man???

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who knew Number 2 was anywhere near that active/vocal with the Spurs? Or was he?
    Well, he lied about fake injury, so he could easily be lying about this.

It's clear now. The Spurs didn't do enough to get elite talent. Even with winning the Aldridge sweepstakes. If the Pacers were happy with Oladipo/Sabonis the Spurs should have been able to come up with something.

The lesson for PATFO is clear. It's a player's league now and that dictator mentality is not going to win. The players are going to go to teams with management that shows they will do whatever it takes to win.
    Until the next CBA. It's going to be a bloodbath. Owners going to regain control, especially as Lebum's star fades.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or maybe you have it backward and it's today's black American players who can't handle playing for a successful, authoritative, older white man???
    He just rang with the Raptors in his 1st year there with a rookie coach.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be fair, #2 did say an elite player of his same age.

Thread Information