Page 22 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast
    My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    So you would have maxed out Isaiah?
    The criticism of Boston with how they dealt with Thomas goes beyond just the fact that they traded him. As has been mentioned already, they allowed him to play through a pretty bad hip injury in a time where teams are super precautious with even little things like jammed fingers or fatigue. There were even accusations that the Celtics, specifically Ainge, misled Thomas on how severe the hip injury was. The fact that it WAS more severe gives suggestion that he may have. Beyond that, Ainge and the Celtics saw Thomas being the lead recruiter for Gordon Hayward, and even Hayward said Thomas was a big reason why he chose to sign with Boston. The trade basically blindsided Thomas and Hayward. That’s what they did to Thomas, not just trade him. There’s something to handling your business with honesty and transparency.

Players should know it’s a business and there is no loyalty in pro sports. But that doesn’t mean they don’t still feel bitter and spiteful over getting traded and how it goes down. The feeling of betrayal is a human response. And people hold onto grudges. And they share that kind of with their friends.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The criticism of Boston with how they dealt with Thomas goes beyond just the fact that they traded him. As has been mentioned already, they allowed him to play through a pretty bad hip injury in a time where teams are super precautious with even little things like jammed fingers or fatigue. There were even accusations that the Celtics, specifically Ainge, misled Thomas on how severe the hip injury was. The fact that it WAS more severe gives suggestion that he may have. Beyond that, Ainge and the Celtics saw Thomas being the lead recruiter for Gordon Hayward, and even Hayward said Thomas was a big reason why he chose to sign with Boston. The trade basically blindsided Thomas and Hayward. That’s what they did to Thomas, not just trade him. There’s something to handling your business with honesty and transparency.

Players should know it’s a business and there is no loyalty in pro sports. But that doesn’t mean they don’t still feel bitter and spiteful over getting traded and how it goes down. The feeling of betrayal is a human response. And people hold onto grudges. And they share that kind of with their friends.
    Do you have a source on them misleading Thomas about the injury? If true then yeah I'd tell Ainge to off too if I was someone like Davis who can play anywhere he wants.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    the implication is larger than that. admission of tampering will bring the damn whole thing down

you’re looking at taking away draft picks, fines and future restrictions on acquiring AD even as a FA and suspending team
    officials.

right here is talking about a $50k fine. go to in bed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the implication is larger than that. admission of tampering will bring the damn whole thing down

you’re looking at taking away draft picks, fines and future restrictions on acquiring AD even as a FA and suspending team
    officials.

You're the one who said the fine was why he wouldn't demand a trade to LA.

he cant publicly say where he wants to go. thats another fine. thats basic.

you bum

next

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    They can't do anything to block a trade
    You trolling me? Them losers were the main ones ing about the CP0 deal. Then Stern nixed the deal. They got the CBA changed to negate the Lakers power ($$, tradition, location are big advantages over most small market teams, for example). Even the new supermax that only teams with bird rights can offer free agents. Etc etc.

You can bet your farm them ers would gladly block again.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    LOL you're the one who brought up the fine dumbass
    and you the simpleton dummy who fail at the most basic things in life

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    THANK YOU

thought this was pretty in elementary

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    You're the one who said the fine was why he wouldn't demand a trade to LA.
    i thought i was talking to someone with average intelligence but the fact that you actually made a stance around a number and even broke it down for the world to see means you simply dont grasp the gravity of the situation

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You trolling me? Them losers are the main ones ing about the CP0 deal. Then Stern nixed the deal. They got the CBA changed to negate the Lakers power ($$, tradition, location are big advantages over most small market teams, for example). Even the new supermax that only teams with bird rights can offer free agents. Etc etc.

You can bet your farm them ers would gladly block again.
    Completely different cir stances. The CP3 deal was Stern trying to loot one franchise the league controlled to prop his glamour franchise. It was an obvious conflict of interest. You Laker fans are worse than Trump s who think everyone is conspiring against them.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

officials.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i thought i was talking to someone with average intelligence but the fact that you actually made a stance around a number and even broke it down for the world to see means you simply dont grasp the gravity of the situation

You don't seem to grasp that you brought up the fine and are now trying to walk it back. You don't seem to grasp that New Orleans probably doesn't want any of your team's crap in exchange. You don't seem to grasp that Davis doesn't control where he goes and NOLA isn't going to go out of their way to do him any favors at the cost of getting a decent return.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unless someone made a tape of Magic telling LeBron to go out and sign Davis to Klutch Sports and then force a trade at the deadline nothing is going to happen. Just like nothing happened when Kawhi Leonard tried to force a trade to LA last summer.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Completely different cir stances. The CP3 deal was Stern trying to loot one franchise the league controlled to prop his glamour franchise. It was an obvious conflict of interest. You Laker fans are worse than Trump s who think everyone is conspiring against them.
    How is it different? Lakers are going after the Pelicans franchise player, just like in 2011 with CP0. Pop called Demps a few days ago and told him not to cave in to the Lakers. Gilbert hated on the Lakers in 2011. So you are full of .

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    You don't seem to grasp that New Orleans probably doesn't want any of your team's crap in exchange. .
    ill give you this one. you right, its a trash offer.

my dudr magic tryin to fleece demps

no wonder this is stucm in limbo lmao

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    How is it different? Lakers are going after the Pelicans franchise player, just like in 2011 with CP0. Pop called Demps a few days ago and told him not to cave in to the Lakers. So you are full of .
    man these dude bum has an obsession. its way past hating at this point

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ill give you this one. you right, its a trash offer.

my dudr magic tryin to fleece demps

no wonder this is stucm in limbo lmao
    Pelicans clearly holding out for Josh Hart

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How is it different? Lakers are going after the Pelicans franchise player, just like in 2011 with CP0. Pop called Demps a few days ago and told him not to cave in to the Lakers. Gilbert hated on the Lakers in 2011. So you are full of .
    How is it different? The NBA doesn't control the Pelicans any more like they did back then, so this time it wouldn't be the NBA trading a franchise player to their marquee franchise. Did you have to drop out young to sell chicle on the streets or something before swimming that river?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    How is it different? The NBA doesn't control the Pelicans any more like they did back then, so this time it wouldn't be the NBA trading a franchise player to their marquee franchise. Did you have to drop out young to sell chicle on the streets or something before swimming that river?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd actually like to see Davis in LA. I just don't see how it happens when the Lakers can only offer trash.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    you insulting a mexican but he outchea outsmarting you without a breaking sweat

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I'd actually like to see Davis in LA. .
    ok then now we friends

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do laker fans think they’re getting Davis in a week or something?

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    Do you have a source on them misleading Thomas about the injury? If true then yeah I'd tell Ainge to off too if I was someone like Davis who can play anywhere he wants.

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/cel...uring-playoffs

“In an interview with ESPN's Rachel Nichols, he opened up to the reporter about some of the details surrounding the injury. The former Celtics star wasn't afraid to hold back, saying he would have sat out the playoffs if the team was honest about the severity of the injury.”

https://www.12up.com/posts/6116431-w...ually-criminal

“During the regular season, the Celtics' doctors told Thomas he was fine to play despite him complaining about the injury on multiple occasions. These assessments pretty much forced Thomas to play when he truly should have been resting.”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/cel...uring-playoffs

“In an interview with ESPN's Rachel Nichols, he opened up to the reporter about some of the details surrounding the injury. The former Celtics star wasn't afraid to hold back, saying he would have sat out the playoffs if the team was honest about the severity of the injury.”

https://www.12up.com/posts/6116431-w...ually-criminal

“During the regular season, the Celtics' doctors told Thomas he was fine to play despite him complaining about the injury on multiple occasions. These assessments pretty much forced Thomas to play when he truly should have been resting.”

Damn, I hope Davis does tell them to off then.

Thread Information