Page 57 of 82 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,425 of 2031
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't give up yet. It's never over until that final buzzer sounds. Like the other night against the Lakers. Pop could have drawn up a 30 point play and pulled it out at the last minute.
    DeRozan is going to spend the summer working on his midrange jumper. That's something.
    I do enjoy your sense of humor Zeus.

Some humor helps.

Things can change at some point. I keep extending their chances, like is it this trade deadline? No. Perhaps the summer? I still hold out some hope for the summer. Maybe I shouldn't. It only gets worse b4 it gets better and they maybe have not hit rock bottom yet, not yet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Will be completely shocked if the spurs make any big moves. , the FO is so incompetent that I don’t think they can even move small contracts like Carroll and Gay

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don’t eat any gummies before the flight to Memphis.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs don't have a single untradable contract on this team. What are you talking about?
    I’ve never said they were untreadeable. I’m just questioning the narrative on this board that those bad contracts become trade assets but what ultimately happens is nothing and they just expire.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ll be surprised if they don’t find a way to move Carroll other than that I’m confident that will be the one and only
    move. People need to lower their expectations on this FO. Same squad will be getting bent over a rail tonight in Portland.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is it me or did the Grizzlies just get worse? They might not continue winning like they did, even though they can easily replace those 2 players. Winslow should still be out for some time and who knows how Waiters plays for them. Of course that's even more of a reason for the Spurs to not do anything

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is it me or did the Grizzlies just get worse? They might not continue winning like they did, even though they can easily replace those 2 players. Winslow should still be out for some time and who knows how Waiters plays for them. Of course that's even more of a reason for the Spurs to not do anything
    JJ to memphis

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not a goddamn thing is gonna happen. pop is going to continue to coach this garbo team with a eating BIGGER THAN BASKETBALL grin

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Memphis attempting to improve their depth and San Antonio hasn't done anything.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    miami won this trade deadline, what a team, easy ECF

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What is his incentive to do a s/t with us? He’s free to negotiate his own contract with other teams. I don’t expect a s/t at all. When he isn’t traded today, we will lose him for nothing. I also think we don’t match offers for Poetl. So we basically traded Kawhitter and DG for KJ lol.
    The Spurs are taking a risk there and not for the right reasons, but I will attempt to articulate what I thought. I read somewhere that part of the holdup with a trade to Orlando was that DeRozan wants to test FA and isn't willing to commit beyond this year. He wasn't willing to sign an extension. That obviously deflates his value for Orlando and he ain't no Kawhi Leonard.

There is a real possibility he just leaves next summer and already has a team or teams in mind. But the Spurs gambled that taking that risk is better than just trading him away for nothing (no picks coming back for him bc no one is giving up a 1st round pick for a couple of months of DeRozan and only bad contracts coming back, with bad contracts probably being worse than nothing). There is a chance the Spurs end up with 0 in exchange for DeRozan but a blank slate to start over and they finally have to pivot towards a rebuild bc there is no choice. The other chance is that a team DeRozan wants to go to can only offer him what he wants through a S/T and the Spurs can help him make that happen and get something in return that is worth it for them.

I have already expressed elsewhere that this is not a path I liked or would have chosen but this is where they are. This summer they finally have to pick a lane, maybe the lane is forced upon them... but I wouldn't expect standing pat. Does that make sense?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Heat getting Crowder, Iggy, and possibly Gallo...Damn.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They added another first round pick to go with their own stockpile of picks. Even if Winslow falls off a cliff they basically turned Crowder into two first round picks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They added another first round pick to go with their own stockpile of picks. Even if Winslow falls off a cliff they basically turned Crowder into two first round picks.
    meanwhile carroll is rotting on our bench

way to go poop :tosat

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs are taking a risk there and not for the right reasons, but I will attempt to articulate what I thought. I read somewhere that part of the holdup with a trade to Orlando was that DeRozan wants to test FA and isn't willing to commit beyond this year. He wasn't willing to sign an extension. That obviously deflates his value for Orlando and he ain't no Kawhi Leonard.

There is a real possibility he just leaves next summer and already has a team or teams in mind. But the Spurs gambled that taking that risk is better than just trading him away for nothing (no picks coming back for him bc no one is giving up a 1st round pick for a couple of months of DeRozan and only bad contracts coming back, with bad contracts probably being worse than nothing). There is a chance the Spurs end up with 0 in exchange for DeRozan but a blank slate to start over and they finally have to pivot towards a rebuild bc there is no choice. The other chance is that a team DeRozan wants to go to can only offer him what he wants through a S/T and the Spurs can help him make that happen and get something in return that is worth it for them.

I have already expressed elsewhere that this is not a path I liked or would have chosen but this is where they are. This summer they finally have to pick a lane, maybe the lane is forced upon them... but I wouldn't expect standing pat. Does that make sense?
    Yes thank you

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What is his incentive to do a s/t with us? He’s free to negotiate his own contract with other teams. I don’t expect a s/t at all. When he isn’t traded today, we will lose him for nothing. I also think we don’t match offers for Poetl. So we basically traded Kawhitter and DG for KJ lol.
    Yep. That's exactly what I see happening.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    they been making smart moves, but I expect them to lose more games from here on now. They are still in rebuild move and obviously don't value the 8th seed as much as Flopovich does

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not really. Crowder is replaceable. Waiters has shown signs of life too. If anything it's a wash personnel wise. The picks are where they won.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    derozan lma will be gone for nothing, no top picks in this yr draft, no star FAs will come here, who the spurs wanna play in next years??? just good luck spurs... pop and the rest management just ruined this team for next decade. Peace!
    Actually PATFO ruined the team some time back. When they didn't move LMA and Dumbmar before LAST season to maximize value, the current end-game was set up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Iggy has a better reputation than Gay.
    I don't think Gay ever tipped off plays in the playoffs, and then went to the team that beat his team. Word is that Iggy, while with Denver, did exactly that for GS, and then signed there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I will be mildly surprised if PATFO doesn't move Carroll even if it is only for a top 59 protected pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not really. Crowder is replaceable. Waiters has shown signs of life too. If anything it's a wash personnel wise. The picks are where they won.
    yeah but you gotta factor in that they need to learn how to play together. Obviously they can just start Clarke or Fathead in place of Crowder, but I still expect them to decline a little

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ah yes, the Grizzlies and their long history of great front office success leading to monster on the court success. The Spurs should definitely wish they were the Grizzlies.

The Griz have had a good year of moves, but some of you seriously act like the Spurs haven't been the best franchise for 2 decades. There's plenty to complain about, but come the on.
    3 decades, minus one year of missing the playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, can we trade Forbes for $$$?

Thread Information