Page 23 of 37 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keldon and Devin are both at least 6'7".
    Besides them. I have faith in KJ but he still has a lot to prove and Vassell hasn't even stepped on an NBA court yet

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Weatherspoon just accepted the two-way offer by the Spurs. Brian Wright keeps making splashes in free agency

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. Those guys would be important to winning a le. They're not important to a team trying to figure out its iden y. Complaining about not going into the tax for a guy like Craig is just dumb. It's just a way to keep ing about every thing. No Spurs fan should want min-level guys signed so they can play over Vassell, Walker, Johnson, or Murray right now.
    I never said anything about Craig.
    SA has been moving smaller guys up a position into small forward too long.
    DDR and Lonnie and for goodness sake Beli are not small forwards.
    Hopefully Keldon and Devin fill the bill.
    The other thing SA needs is for the young guards to step up MORE.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one is not ing about not getiing Craig. It's about the Spurs doing literally nothing at all besides resigning middling talent
    Dude, read like 12 posts up or whatever. Yes, people are ing about Craig.

And after a year of folks complaining about vets playing over their young talent, folks are complaining about the team not signing more vets to play over the talent again.

It's just weird. There wasn't going to be a signing unless Poeltl was let go.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I never said anything about Craig.
    SA has been moving smaller guys up a position into small forward too long.
    DDR and Lonnie and for goodness sake Beli are not small forwards.
    Hopefully Keldon and Devin fill the bill.
    The other thing SA needs is for the young guards to step up MORE.
    DeRozan is a small forward. If the Spurs sign a good 6-8 guy, he'll play the four. If they sign two, that second one will be on the bench. I could agree that SA could use a tall guy to defend James. But that's basically it, and they aren't good enough to worry about matching up with one player at this point.

And I know you didn't say anything about Craig. I wasn't criticizing you for that. It's just a sign of how thoughtless the criticism against PATFO has gotten to where people will just spout off things about scrubs like him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So as of right now the roster consists of...

Jakob/Eubanks
    LMA/Rudy/Trey/Luka
    Demar/Keldon/Devin
    Dwhite/Lonnie
    Murray/Patty

Doesn’t that leave 2 open roster spots?? Quinndary is on another 2 way contract, maybe we sign Tre Jones to a guaranteed contract but that still would leave 1 open roster spot and 1 more 2 way contract available

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Jakob/Eubanks
    LMA/Rudy/Trey/Luka
    Demar/Keldon/Devin
    Dwhite/Lonnie
    Murray/Patty

Doesn’t that leave 2 open roster spots?? Quinndary is on another 2 way contract, maybe we sign Tre Jones to a guaranteed contract but that still would leave 1 open roster spot and 1 more 2 way contract available
    Cam will get the other two-way spot, and unless the contract for Poeltl comes back and is more generous to SA than initially reported, the Spurs don't even have enough money for a rookie min deal. They should have enough to sign some 10-days later on and then lock up a guy for the rest of the season. But they probably won't come out of camp with a full roster.

Just to be clear, Jones being signed to a deal near the rookie minimum is assumed in what I said above. They have enough money for him, but not a second rookie min.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t think people are complaining about us signing Vets I agree it’s there inability to move LMA, DeRozan, Mills, or Gay for any future draft capital. To me that is the only way we can actually get back to a top team in the NBA and at this point not getting anything is almost as bad as what happened with KY.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t think people are complaining about us signing Vets I agree it’s there inability to move LMA, DeRozan, Mills, or Gay for any future draft capital. To me that is the only way we can actually get back to a top team in the NBA and at this point not getting anything is almost as bad as what happened with KY.
    People are complaining about Craig. They are doing it because they're frustrated in general because they had expectations that SA was going to clean house even though this time last year most of us would've said it was going to be a two-year process. That's fine though. I get that frustration. I like trades too and had hopes of moving up for at least one good rookie. But that doesn't give a justification to about every random signing, especially when those signings would've gone against the reason why most people wanted trades in the first place. If the team should've traded away vets to build around the young guys, then it makes no sense to want them to sign a guy to take away minutes from the young guys just so they could "do something".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Jakob/Eubanks
    LMA/Rudy/Trey/Luka
    Demar/Keldon/Devin
    Dwhite/Lonnie
    Murray/Patty

Patty played backup point the year Kawhi was still here and he was TERRIBLE. He doesn't run plays, and he just chucks it up. His best role has always been that of a shooting guard. He's the real odd man out unless Lonnie just stinks it up next season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs managed to keep all of their vets while also having minutes for four of their six first-round picks. That's a good use of assets. They can trade those vets later for value, trade some of the young players if they see a window open or just let it play out and have those young guys and cap space. There's basically no way this year can go wrong until/unless the Spurs decide to pick a direction. Right now, they'll be expected to get a pick in the 10-18 range and then evaluate in what looks like it could be a Pop less future. Seems fine.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think white comes off the bench and Keldon May start; our three best ball handlers/facilitators can’t start I’m thinking.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really wanted LMA off the team in the off-season, and obviously that didn’t happen. But if we all sober up for a second, this season does suggest that it is going to be about playing the young players (which is something many have been wanting for about 20 years and may finally now get) and seeing who they want to stick with longer-term. Of course, Pop could totally resist that and overplay his veterans, but I think that would be a further mistake, because there are so many guards and at some point they will be fighting for minutes and that will become a morale problem.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cam will get the other two-way spot, and unless the contract for Poeltl comes back and is more generous to SA than initially reported, the Spurs don't even have enough money for a rookie min deal. They should have enough to sign some 10-days later on and then lock up a guy for the rest of the season. But they probably won't come out of camp with a full roster.

Just to be clear, Jones being signed to a deal near the rookie minimum is assumed in what I said above. They have enough money for him, but not a second rookie min.
    How close are they to bumping against the tax? Spotrac doesn’t seem updated. Assumed with Poeltl they’re right there, and by your math seems like they are.

To everyone else - that’s why there are no other signings. They’re not going into the tax with this roster.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ya if Sa was not going to trade for their future or to increase win now, the only path was mle. With no trades i didn’t want any medicore “win now” vets especially if it was more than 1 year. SA made their bed. Is what it is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How close are they to bumping against the tax? Spotrac doesn’t seem updated. Assumed with Poeltl they’re right there, and by your math seems like they are.

To everyone else - that’s why there are no other signings. They’re not going into the tax with this roster.
    Maybe 600k factoring in Vassell and Tre.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SA could use 2-6’ 7”-8” dudes who can run and jump and defend a make a open 3 point shot at a decent clip. It’s what they are missing.
    Every NBA team wants these type of players. Given that prime free agents do not want to come to S.A. makes it that much harder to obtain them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The Spurs might be at like $800k under the tax is Poeltl's contract is really for like $26.5 Million and backloaded. MAYBE some of his contract has some not-like-to-be-earned incentives that could let them squeek out a min slot. The working assumption right now is that his contract is exactly $27 Million and flat with no incentives, which would put the Spurs at just dollars under the tax.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The SPurs aren't going to make a trade until mid season and that's only if they're out of it.
    lmao. That’s now how pop works. If the season goes south, they are definitely not trading DDR or LMA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs managed to keep all of their vets while also having minutes for four of their six first-round picks. That's a good use of assets. They can trade those vets later for value, trade some of the young players if they see a window open or just let it play out and have those young guys and cap space. There's basically no way this year can go wrong until/unless the Spurs decide to pick a direction. Right now, they'll be expected to get a pick in the 10-18 range and then evaluate in what looks like it could be a Pop less future. Seems fine.
    Right. This is the way to do a rebuild. That they have 4-6 young guards with strong potential is a really good thing. Posters here are frantic about making the playoffs this year and that's not really the point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keldon and Devin are both at least 6'7".
    Technically that’s not true. KJ is 6’5” w/o shoes and 6’6” w/ shoes. Vassell is 1in taller than KJ. He’s 6’6” w/o shoes and 6’7” w/ shoes.

not getting into the whole does height matter debate. But they are not both at least 6’7”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lmao. That’s now how pop works. If the season goes south, they are definitely not trading DDR or LMA.
    There is nothing in Pop's history to lead to this conclusion. He's not the GM anyway.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Technically that’s not true. KJ is 6’5” w/o shoes and 6’6” w/ shoes. Vassell is 1in taller than KJ. He’s 6’6” w/o shoes and 6’7” w/ shoes.

not getting into the whole does height matter debate. But they are not both at least 6’7”
    Johnson looks like he grew a bit over the season, and 6-7 was always going to mean in-shoes. That is how height is always measured in the NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think white comes off the bench and Keldon May start; our three best ball handlers/facilitators can’t start I’m thinking.
    Starting 5 will be:
    Murray, Mills, DDR, Gay (or Lyles), LMA

Thread Information