Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let’s just disagree that trading a #2 overall pick just to dump a contract and letting your best young player, the #7 pick walk for nothing is “savvy”.

On top of that, you use another #2 pick on a guy that is not only an issue off court (rap dis-tracks and his dad) but that you don’t really believe in enough to not bring in Rondo.

Then you let Brook Lopez walk so you can replace him with McGee while trying to do some hybrid of win now vs not win now?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can’t rebound, can’t defend.
    Neither can most our players

Good fit

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Is the Buss family still involved? Because that is what matters.
    Again look at the moves made since Maginka took over what does the ownership matter if competent people are making the basketball decisions? The most important choices an owner makes is hiring people to make the descions. So far Maginka have been highly competent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Facts say otherwise.
    They shed the bad contracts of everyone except Deng. Signed LeBron and signed vets to one year deals except LeBron who was the top FA...
    Lakers still haven't won anything but the moves made since Maginka took over have been pretty much aces across the board with an incomplete on Lonzo. KUZMA, Ingram Hart have been good to great picks. They won the Cavs trade and Brooklyn trade and the FA signings have been all cap savvy.
    Getting guys to agree to one year deals when you have Lebron and are in Los Angeles isn't that hard, tbh. The problem is the they got. Rondo, Stephenson, McGee.

It's like they don't even know what type of players fit alongside Lebron, they are just getting semi-recognisible names.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let’s just disagree that trading a #2 overall pick just to dump a contract and letting your best young player, the #7 pick walk for nothing is “savvy”.

On top of that, you use another #2 pick on a guy that is not only an issue off court (rap dis-tracks and his dad) but that you don’t really believe in enough to not bring in Rondo.

Then you let Brook Lopez walk so you can replace him with McGee while trying to do some hybrid of win now vs not win now?
    damn

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Randle was a good player but not much better than Kyle Anderson for example but he was let go as a favor to his agent to help repair a bad relationship we had built with him.

D'Angelo was a sacrifice that I didn't like at the time but when you factor his knee issue and getting Lopez's cap space which was used to sign LeBron and pick that became Kuzma that was extremely savvy. RUSSELL has talent absolutely... But so does Lonzo so we should consider Zo a sunk cost after one year but it was a mistake to get rid of Russell? That doesn't make any sense.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Could have given Bertans a 2 year deal, second year ungauranteed or a team option. This guy doesn't move the needle for the Spurs at all. He's completely expendable and The Spurs give him a 4 year deal worth 20M.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm ok with this, he's not afraid to shoot unlike Anderson.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Could have given Bertans a 2 year deal, second year ungauranteed or a team option. This guy doesn't move the needle for the Spurs at all. He's completely expendable and The Spurs give him a 4 year deal worth 20M.
    lol son. Securing a role player on a cheap contract for 4 years isn't really a bad thing, tbh.

And if he performs at the way he should perform: being a 40% 3 pt shooter stretch 4, he will be a bargain.
    Last edited by DAF86; 07-09-2018 at 02:27 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i'd rather sign bertans for 4/20 than 2/10.

after two years there's a pretty good chance he'll be valued more than 5/year

on the other hand, i dont think anderson will be valued at 9 mil two years from now

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Getting guys to agree to one year deals when you have Lebron and are in Los Angeles isn't that hard, tbh. The problem is the they got. Rondo, Stephenson, McGee.

It's like they don't even know what type of players fit alongside Lebron, they are just getting semi-recognisible names.
    You guys just wanna spin because Kawhi just burnt down the Carter. You guys have no cap space and your best player wants out. You refused to match an offer to your 2nd best SF because you have Gasol and Mills signed to bad deals. Lakers that bad ownership tried to trade Pau over 5 summers ago might even be 6... You guys extended him last year...
    But PATFO can do no wrong... right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You guys just wanna spin because Kawhi just burnt down the Carter. You guys have no cap space and your best player wants out. You refused to match an offer to your 2nd best SF because you have Gasol and Mills signed to bad deals. Lakers that bad ownership tried to trade Pau over 5 summers ago might even be 6... You guys extended him last year...
    The Mills and Gasol contracts were bad, we said that. You are the only homer here trying to justify ty moves, tbh.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Anderson wasn't a very good SF at all.

you're a phony Holden_Caulfield's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    5‰ of the salary cap for bertans is a solid deal. Especially since he's signed for 4 years. Even if he sucks it won't be that bad. A little funny that he currently is the only player signed past 2021

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The Mills and Gasol contracts were bad, we said that. You are the only homer here trying to justify ty moves, tbh.
    Nope. Not justifying ty ones. SAID Lonzo is an incomplete. I get cap space doesn't mean to yall because... you are not a Free Agent destination... But cap space is better than Randle or Russell tbh. Especially when it comes with a first rounder that becomes a solid piece like Kuzma or that space turns in to LeBron.

Looking at trading Mozgof and Russell for Lopez and a pick without considering the end game is myopic.

BTW if I was a Homer I would have defended the original Mozgof and Deng deals or the Kobe extension... I criticized all of those and the Byron Scott hiring... Guess what? ALL OF that was previous regime.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meeeeelllltttttddddoooowwwwnnnnnn
    Broken record

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this will the last year of Duncan counting against the cap after having been stretched (he's been counting as 1.8 against the cap). assuming gasol is stretched after this season, he will count as 2.5 mil against the cap for the following 3 years, somewhat replacing duncan's cap hold

the only real burden at that point would be patty. aldridge would be making a ton, but he's earning it, so not really a burden. really glad they didnt bring parker back for 2/10 or somethin like that.

bertans earning 5, marco earning 6 won't be major cap hurdles. they'll have a good amount of flexibility, for what that's worth.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nope. Not justifying ty ones. SAID Lonzo is an incomplete. I get cap space doesn't mean to yall because... you are not a Free Agent destination... But cap space is better than Randle or Russell tbh. Especially when it comes with a first rounder that becomes a solid piece like Kuzma or that space turns in to LeBron.

Looking at trading Mozgof and Russell for Lopez and a pick without considering the end game is myopic.

BTW if I was a Homer I would have defended the original Mozgof and Deng deals or the Kobe extension... I criticized all of those and the Byron Scott hiring... Guess what? ALL OF that was previous regime.
    If you consider swapping lottery picks for cap space good moves, then let's just save time and skip right to the "agree to disagree" part.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he stops playing like Opy, I can see this working out. Not a backbreaker deal like Fathead match would've been at least.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People are worked up over this?

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i hope contract danny rediscovers his 3 point shot...
    Lol

Last year was contract Danny as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol

Last year was contract Danny as well.
    Not really, he knew he had the chance of opting in.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For those interested in what SA’s “reasonable” cap situation looks like next year after what we have currently (Rudy & Danny back, Bertans for 20M, letting Kyle go signing Beli to 2/12M):

http://www.shamsports.com/capulator?...42c73745726190

I define reasonable by stuff SA controls (meaning team options, ability to waive, non-guarantees). Even after all the moves SA has made and keeping Kawhi’s salaries on the books (unlikely, but still):

SA would have:

LMA
    Kawhi
    Mills
    Beli
    Bertans
    Lonnie
    White
    Murray

So in keeping that in mind, if SA just does only what is in their control (so no having to trade to dump salary, etc..) and they waive all the cap holds for free agents (Danny, Rudy, everyone else), waive and stretch Pau and they keep Milutinov’s charge, they would have 21M in cap space with no other moves.

So a few things:

1) If they can trade Pau vs stretching him, they will net about another 2M in cap space. This can be EASILY accomplished since a team trading for Pau would only be eating 6M to get a 2nd round pick or something.

2) If they can trade Mills (not as easy probably) that cap space balloons up into max contract range.

3) Even if they can’t/won’t trade Mills/Pau, the Kawhi trade could easily take the team from 21M in cap space to far above it depending on the trade.

So worst case scenario you would still have LMA with some young guys in Bertans, Murray, Lonnie, White and a solid chunk of cap space to work with along with vets in Beli/Mills.
    I'm pretty sure that partial guarantees and trades don't work like that anymore with Pau. That loophole was closed. I think the only way to get the benefit if to be traded the league year before the partial guarantee.

Also, with Kawhi having the opt out, even if he makes up and stays he'll still opt out and his cap hold will knock off another 10 million.

Best case then is only 12 million plus the room exception.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    If you consider swapping lottery picks for cap space good moves, then let's just save time and skip right to the "agree to disagree" part.
    Not all former lottery picks are created equal... MUDIAY, HEZONJA, OKAFOR ARE LOTTERY PICKS TOO.. SAmE Draft BUT WE GOT A FIRST AND SPACE FOR OURS... Rest of those guys actually walked for NADA or traded for peanuts like Oak.
    So this place calls Russell Dbust, but yet trading him for a first rounder and shedding one of the worst contracts in recent FA is not a smart move?
    KAWHI got u Niccas so shook you are ting on previous takes...

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    lol son. Securing a role player on a cheap contract for 4 years isn't really a bad thing, tbh.

And if he performs at the way he should perform: being a 40% 3 pt shooter stretch 4, he will be a bargain.
    I hear ya.... Let me just say that he was barely better than Danny Green at shooting three's last season

Green .363
    Bertans .373

and then he just fell on his sword in the postseason ( 3 for 18)

Unlike Danny Green, Bertans' only asset is shooting and when he's not knocking down shots in prolific fashion, he is a complete liability on a basketball court.

Thread Information