Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11...evin-love-deal

With just hours to go before a planned megadeal the would send Kevin Love to Cleveland, the Phoenix Suns reached out to the Minnesota Timberwolves on Thursday to ask once more about the possibility of acquiring Love in a sign-and-trade for guard Eric Bledsoe, sources told ESPN.com.

The Suns were much better last season with Eric Bledsoe on the floor, particularly on the defensive end. Goran Dragic picked up the slack on the offensive end, scoring over 22 points per game without Bledsoe.

The Cavaliers and Wolves have had an agreement in place on Love for weeks, and it remains intact, sources said. That trade, which morphed into a three-way deal with the Philadelphia 76ers that will send Thaddeus Young to Minnesota, is expected to be completed on Saturday.

Talks between the Suns and Bledsoe, who is a restricted free agent, have been fractured for weeks, and the team is now vetting all options. That includes sign-and-trade talks with teams besides the Wolves.

Bledsoe has made it clear he is seeking a five-year, $85 million maximum contract from the Suns. He would consider only a max deal in a sign-and-trade, which would be four years and $64 million, with any other team, sources said.

If Bledsoe, who has remained firm in his salary position all summer, does not get a max deal this summer, he intends to sign the Suns' one-year qualifying offer for $3.7 million and become an unrestricted free agent next year.

The Suns have offered Bledsoe a four-year, $48 million deal that is similar to the contract that point guard Kyle Lowry signed with the Toronto Raptors this summer. Bledsoe rejected that offer, and the sides haven't made any progress in talks for weeks.

Bledsoe averaged 17.7 points and 5.5 assists in 43 games, 40 of them starts, for the Suns last season. He missed 39 games because of a knee injury that required surgery.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Typical. Suns can't have their way so they throw a Baby Ruth into the pool.

Big shots.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Big shots.
    Bend over, I'll show you a Baby Ruth.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't that trade for Thaddeus already take place? If so, I imagine the Wolves consider the offer. Rubio isn't the scorer or defender that Bledsoe is, and Wiggins is an unproven talent at this point.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Suns are never going to beat a package of Wiggins, Bennett, and another first rounder. The Wolves straight up fleeced the Cavs. And good luck getting Kevin Love to sign in Phoenix over Lebron's Cavs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Big shots.
    Evening, friend

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    max deal for a combo guard that can't shoot

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bledsoe has no value to the Wolves, who obviously still believe in Rubio. If I were the Suns, I'd consider offering Bledsoe for Pekovic, as that can give them something they need while also being a practical target. I'm actually surprised I haven't seen Pek's name surface in more rumors. Dominant post scorers are so rare to find in today's game, and they're still just as effective as they've always been.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Traditional C's struggle against small ball imho that's why they've almost gone extinct in NBA. A sub-mobile C is a double sword just like JJB, against certain teams Pekovic would beast the out of the opponents' paint (like vs. them Mavs w/o TC), but if you have a young squad and some fast legs to chase him around he would struggle to make ends meet, would still put up decent numbers but the impact would be rather limited imho. Pekovic would be extremely efficient for certain teams (Memphis being a typical example) but I don't think such a big would be the right fit for the Phoenix guns, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It'd be a transition for sure. But truly elite post scorers dominate fast-paced teams. The Heat of the last few years were very weak to post scorers, even though they were able to play with pace just fine. On offense, efficient post scoring it about the best offense to get, so long as the big man doesn't suck all your possessions like Randolph and Jefferson used to. There'd be some defensive issues, but with so many other young and mobile players around him, I think he'd be fine.

OKC is the ideal fit for Pek, I think. But there's no way I would pass up the opportunity to get him unless I already had two great bigs like the Spurs do.

Believe.
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Bledsoul, who makes cubby blind.
    "pay him the ing money(max/85 mil) - cubby "

No team will pay him max salary whether is sign and trade or ...
    Because he ain't worth.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Looks like Houston aggressively looking to acquire Bledsoe. Probably won't get him, but anyway Phoenix is not keeping 3PGs so it will.be interesting to see who gets voted off.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Suns would need to go all in with:

Bledsoe
    Len (3rd overall pick in 2013)
    Lakers top 5 protected pick (probably a top 10 pick)
    Suns unprotected 1st round pick (2015)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Big shots.
    You you had me checking my phone everyday and logging onto spurstalk and nary a sight of you. I thought you quit again

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    why they trading for love anyway, its not like the suns are going to go anywhere with or without him

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    This report is incorrect. The Suns aren't targeting Love, they're targeting Wiggins.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This report is incorrect. The Suns aren't targeting Love, they're targeting Wiggins.
    Minnesota is dumb, but not that dumb tbh.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    This seems like Phoenix not getting what they want in trade offers for Bledsoe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bledsoe can even switch to SF given his athleticism. The outside unit of Bledsoe/Goran/Isiah would be fantastic imho.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    would remind me much of Kidd/JET/JJB, tbh.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Not according to Gambo, and he gets his direct from Suns HQ, X. The Suns made the call for Love.

But, you didn't get him. You still got Blood. He won't even take Donough's calls. HA, HA. And you thought his agent was the greatest thing since sliced bread when he repped both James & Bled. Now, NOW, now look at ya's.

Big shots.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Not according to Gambo, and he gets his direct from Suns HQ, X. The Suns made the call for Love.

But, you didn't get him. You still got Blood. He won't even take Donough's calls. HA, HA. And you thought his agent was the greatest thing since sliced bread when he repped both James & Bled. Now, NOW, now look at ya's.

Big shots.
    Do you think they will trade Bledsoe?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ he's a lost cause. More like damaged goods tbh. The Suns should try for Thomson type of player. Surely GSW will not trade him, but Bledsoe will actually be a good fit in Portland.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    This seems like Phoenix not getting what they want in trade offers for Bledsoe.
    Dudley for Bledsoe, final offer

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Do you think they will trade Bledsoe?
    Yes, but, their vanity will make it nigh on impossible to pull the trigger unless it's so lopsided they can claim "victory" at default.

This is big time here. Even though they're O & 47 they're a stubborn & proud bunch twixt fan base, Media and organization. Everything was going along swimmingly until Blood did this to 'em. They're incensed.

They don't want him sitting here all season ing up the works worse than he already has, but, they don't want to say "uncle" either. They still want it to be okay, for Bled to come out, fire his agent, apologize to everybody, sign the contract and come on in. And they never EVER give up here, baseball team, football team, hockey team, or, Suns.

So, unless they get an obscene return for him, they'll most likely brazen it out with him, flooding the airwaves and newspapers all season long how it's all gonna work out, that he really wants to be here, it's just a misunderstanding, that his agent and him mean no harm and are fine chappies.

Thread Information