Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought they did years ago

My Team
    Memphis Grizzlies
    Post Count
    Jews are the ones instigating all this nonsense. Blacks are their pets. Taking middle class whitey's is the goal. It's called the high-low coalition: the rich and the poor team up against the middle. Occupy Main Street.

Pro sports are dead. Enjoy the handouts while they lsst.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    3) NBA players need to be careful here. They need to come up with a clear agenda on how the issues that matter to them can be addresses, and can be done in a way that their communities can benefit from it. Otherwise, simpy deciding to stop playing because there are events that make them sad will not, and should not, be perceived by the rest of society as anything but a childish outburst by a few privileged millionaires which might hurt the league itself in the long-run.
    Exactly. Players get into the NBA to live out their hoop dreams, and make that paper.. Owners wants to make as much money as possible. Fans just want to see Basketball.. So you all can walk off the court demanding social justice reform. But guess what you got a job to do, and if you won't do it, somebody else will.. This is quickly turning into a labor issue. Players think they can just leave on a moments notice, cost the league millions.. No..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They do boycott and making things worse. Nice job.

How come all of sudden things that were happening all the time makes pro athletes not going to work?
    This is sadly our culture today.. I am not Happy.. So rather than work through it, lets quit..

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They are still in the bubble. What are they gonna do march the streets of ORlando?
    Bron isn't my favorite guy but his commitment to social injustice has never wavered.
    He and CP3 are close and they tried to have their cake (protest messaging) and eat it too (recoup lost income/revenue)

Reports are he was one of the louder voices arguing to cease play.
    Maybe a skpetic could argue it was after seeing the Clips blow out the Mavs (doubtful but I can see a case) but playing Madden doesn't mean he doesn't care.
    For me playing Destiny or COD shooters or watching a great movie is only way top get my mind off all this because like Bron I don't smoke weed ...
    Some WAP doesn't hurt but that's only 45 mins to an hour ...
    Maybe he shouldn’t have shut Daryl morey up. Everything he does after that is disingenuous and self serving.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There were 400 people shot in Chicago this month, i hope the Bulls take a stand and never play basketball again.
    Its crazy why is this never mentioned from the BLM folks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Random blacks that are robbing killing or drug dealing ... are not being paad tax payer money to protect and serve. Black on black ...white on white crime etc is a problem for all communities.
    But cops are paid to serve their communities ...random folks including criminals...are not.
    The problem starts when white police officers are policing black communities. Not enough black folks want to police their own communities. Are they afraid of being perceived as "Uncle Toms" if they do? I don't know tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe he shouldn’t have shut Daryl morey up. Everything he does after that is disingenuous and self serving.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bron isn't my favorite guy but his commitment to social injustice has never wavered.
    It wavered in China tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yall are blind idiots if youu do know see the bigger picture, if you where in there shoes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    most people on spurstalk cant get by the le page

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nba playoffs are back. Lmao

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count

Seriously? All they wanted was MORE performative woke nonsense during the games? Pretty clear now that this was just a diva fit by the players, not an actual boycott.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    They are still in the bubble. What are they gonna do march the streets of ORlando?
    He and CP3 are close and they tried to have their cake (protest messaging) and eat it too (recoup lost income/revenue)

Reports are he was one of the louder voices arguing to cease play.
    Maybe a skpetic could argue it was after seeing the Clips blow out the Mavs (doubtful but I can see a case) but playing Madden doesn't mean he doesn't care.
    For me playing Destiny or COD shooters or watching a great movie is only way top get my mind off all this because like Bron I don't smoke weed ...
    Some WAP doesn't hurt but that's only 45 mins to an hour ...
    Are you kidding me? LeCoon couldn’t wait to tell Morey to shut up and GM when it came to talking about injustice and Hong Kong

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know this issue has become almost impossible to talk about, with emotions running so high, and an inability to understand each other, but I'll give it a try, even though I might fail more than most. I am someone that has spent my life living both in Europe and in the US for large periods, and I'd like to think I have some opinions from how this all looks on the outside.

1) Let me start with the most basic fact to me. The US is NOT a systemically and ins utionally racist country! In fact, it is by far the most successful society in the world in integrating newcomers and people of different backgrounds and putting them on a successful life path. None of the European countries, often seen as a form of social welfare paradise, comes even close to achieving the same type of integration, even though (or maybe because) they have few less people with an immigration background. The level of success that immigrant from East Asia, South Asia, South-East Asia, Eastern Europe, and, most importantly Africa, - all regions with immense polical and social problems - have achieved in the US, and nowhere else, is a testament to this.

Therefore, calls for a complete overhaul of the country, re-writing of the cons ution, etc., will not only fall on def ears, they will most likely provoke backlash, and for good reasons. This is important because in order to make social changes, a movement has to engage most of society, instead of turning against it. And the US' ability to provide opportunities for people from all backgrounds must be cheered and highlighted, and put to good use, instead of denied and vilified.

2) Unfortunately, BLM, and other social movements coming from the left, are positioning themselves constantly as oppononents to the rest of society. Whether demanding white people leave their diners, or trivial issues like changing the way people use "male/female", movements will fail and antagonize the rest of society if they don't create a goal which benefits us all. Therefore, calls for "defunding the police" will be seen as outright dangerous from people that depend on the safety and security that police provides. This is bound to end in failure. MLK or Nelson Mandela's to other parts of their society was that integration of blacks would not hurt anyone, instead it would create stronger and more powerful societies from which all could benefit. Mandela even chose the rugby national team, a symbol for the white population of South Africa, as an example of how the integration of blacks could lead to more success for all of the country.

I think Donald Trump needs to be defeated. Whatever his policies, his tone, his behavior, his comments, are not what a society needs during crisis. Instead of lending a hand, he's way too hapy to throw gasoline on a fire and make a situation worse. As a President, he needs to do better. Unfortunately, the behavior of many from the left will not seem more concilliatory and rational to everyday people either. There is no way that a constant barrage of labeling everyone who disagrees with a movement as "racists/sexist/ phobe/transphobe/islamophobe, etc" will create any sort of movement that will be wide and large in its support.

3) NBA players need to be careful here. They need to come up with a clear agenda on how the issues that matter to them can be addresses, and can be done in a way that their communities can benefit from it. Otherwise, simpy deciding to stop playing because there are events that make them sad will not, and should not, be perceived by the rest of society as anything but a childish outburst by a few privileged millionaires which might hurt the league itself in the long-run.
    Great post beside the part about Trump needing to be defeated tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NBPA executive director Michele Roberts and senior counsel Ron Klempner, both of whom were on site in Orlando for Wednesday's meeting, explained that if the players decide not to play the remainder of the season, they could lose 25-30 percent of their salary for next year. The league could also terminate the collective bargaining agreement and lock out the players while terms of a new CBA are negotiated under the economic and societal duress of the pandemic.

Might cost them a penny so they will play

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not overly surprised at the players resuming the playoffs nor the boycott in the first place. Players have emotions too and if they have things that would stop them from performing their best then they should take the time off to reflect just like any one would take a sick day or a personal day.

They suspended games for Kobe’s death earlier this year. So why can’t they suspend games for social injustice?

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Literally the only thing that's changed is that people will take NBA players' opinions on social/political issues even less seriously now, because they couldn't stick to their principles for longer than a day.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Literally the only thing that's changed is that people will take NBA players' opinions on social/political issues even less seriously now, because they couldn't stick to their principles for longer than a day.
    Yeah the optics are not good if you're on the other side looking for ammo to use against the movement. Not only that, but the option of boycotting seems toothless now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “muh wallet”

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    That's troubling for Americas future. Manchilds

There is hope though. I listened to Rap into my mid to late 20's.
    Was that before you discovered gobbling wrinkled Jewish balls for a living?

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Yeah the optics are not good if you're on the other side looking for ammo to use against the movement. Not only that, but the option of boycotting seems toothless now.
    I don't think the players realize that these extra "social justice messages" they want are now just empty virtue signaling. They pretend to care until it might cost them money.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was that before you discovered gobbling wrinkled Jewish balls for a living?
    Nah that was inherent. Licking boots and balls are in his Polish blood.

Thread Information