Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Dems picked up 8 senate seats and 52 house seats in 1930. If that's not cleaning up I'm not sure what is.

You still haven't backed up anything you've said with numbers. FDR ed up by beginning to cut spending too early in 1937. From 1932 to 1937, the unemployment rate went from 23.6% to 14%. If that's your criticism of FDR, that his new deal wasn't liberal enough and didn't spend enough, fine with me. That doesn't really do anything to help your conservative values.
    He should have gone with zero stimulus and balanced the budget. No debt.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    well we all know obama the traitor is numero uno worst president ever. ing trojan horse!

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reagan/Congress also neutered the Mental Health Systems Act of 1980. Effects of that are still also felt today.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    He should have gone with zero stimulus and balanced the budget. No debt.
    Feel free to point out any time in American history where austerity and limited government got the US out of a recession or depression. You're simply brainwashed with stupid conservative ideas but you have no empirical evidence to support them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I get why MAGA s worship him, but why do Democrats not rank Reagan as one of the worst presidents ever? He dismantled the new deal and radically shifted the overton window in this country to the right. We don't get GWB or Trump without Reagan first. He was just as racist as Trump was, he just said it more subtly, and he made up facts just as often as Trump does. If all the things people blame for 40 years of rapidly increasing wealth inequality, Reagan's tax cuts and dismantling of new deal programs clearly aligns with when that started.

We had a golden age that basically lasted from FDR through Nixon, but outside of that our presidents have been oligarch shills with rare exception. The rampant executive and judicial corruption in the early 20th century largely goes unnoticed. Go look up some supreme court rulings from the Lochner Era if you think today's supreme court is the most corrupt we've ever had.
    In my lifetime I'd still rank Reagan worse. The War on Drugs and the disproportionate focus on crack usage set in motion a prison industrial complex that impacted the poor and minorities in a way this country may never recover from.

The invention of the Trickle Down Economics hoax. The merger of evangelicals and Republicans. Iran Contra, the EPA scandal, HUD rigging, some of the most extreme Cold War fearmongering we ever saw.

Even if you give him credit for the fall of the USSR, the rest of the mess he made has had far greater long term impact.
    Reagan was awful, and maybe the single most overrated president in history. GOP guys love him though for the reasons mentioned. Tough on "crime," trickle down economics, and reaching out to the evangelical nuts. BUT he played a huge part in taking down the USSR, so...

All things considered, GWB might be the worst ever. He plunged us into a perma-war in Afghanistan and Iraq, sowed the seeds for ISIS, and oversaw a 180 from Clinton's surplus due to his stupid tax cuts. Bush didn't seem like a bad guy himself, but his cabinet had 2 straight up EVIL people in it (Cheney, Rumsfeld) pulling all of the strings.

Trump was awful, and has definitely taken the country in the wrong direction, but I think GWB left more devastation in his wake...for now at least.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Feel free to point out any time in American history where austerity and limited government got the US out of a recession or depression. You're simply brainwashed with stupid conservative ideas but you have no empirical evidence to support them.
    Let the economic cycle naturally move back into prosperity rather than trying to jimmy it with big government, stimulus, tax hikes, going away from the gold standard, etc.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Reagan was awful, and maybe the single most overrated president in history. GOP guys love him though for the reasons mentioned. Tough on "crime," trickle down economics, and reaching out to the evangelical nuts. BUT he played a huge part in taking down the USSR, so...

All things considered, GWB might be the worst ever. He plunged us into a perma-war in Afghanistan and Iraq, sowed the seeds for ISIS, and oversaw a 180 from Clinton's surplus due to his stupid tax cuts. Bush didn't seem like a bad guy himself, but his cabinet had 2 straight up EVIL people in it (Cheney, Rumsfeld) pulling all of the strings.

Trump was awful, and has definitely taken the country in the wrong direction, but I think GWB left more devastation in his wake...for now at least.
    Agreed on this except for judges. Trump filled the court with radical Fedsoc judges who are going to be there for decades. I almost think we lucked out with Gorsuch and Kavanaugh, he could have nominated two more Alitos and the senate would have rubber stamped them. Gorsuch and Kavanaugh actually make some effort to rule impartially. His tax cuts were also permanent while Bush's went away.

If Trump won a 2nd term, I think there's no question he would have been as destructive as GWB was.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Let the economic cycle naturally move back into prosperity rather than trying to jimmy it with big government, stimulus, tax hikes, going away from the gold standard, etc.
    So when has that ever worked? Feel free to use examples. Herbert Hoover tried it when the Great Depression initially hit in 1929, how did that go?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Disagree. Trump actively sacrificing hundred of thousands of our lives for the stock market and doing everything he can to poison trust in epidemiological experts during a pandemic that is raging through our nation is the worst thing an American president has ever done. And it looks like he's working on the second worst thing with the coup he seems to be setting in motion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He hasn't been out of the womb long enough to have ideas. He's parroting he reads elsewhere, and trying too hard to be edgy.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    He hasn't been out of the womb long enough to have ideas. He's parroting he reads elsewhere, and trying too hard to be edgy.
    Pretty much.

Edgelord_Messiah

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So when has that ever worked? Feel free to use examples. Herbert Hoover tried it when the Great Depression initially hit in 1929, how did that go?
    You have to wait out a full economic cycle, which is typically 6-10 years.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    You have to wait out a full economic cycle, which is typically 6-10 years.
    That’s a spectacular answer to a question I didn’t ask.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    well we all know obama the traitor is numero uno worst president ever. ing trojan horse!
    What did Obama do that you didn’t like? Be specific.

I’m guessing you dodge the question and call me fat.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Roaring Twenties were bound to end at some point, and it all crashed at the end, in Hoover's regime, but lol at the Dems "cleaning up" in 1930 when the great depression trucked on until WWII. FDR didn't do about it. The wartime production era got us out of it, but at a gargantuan human toll.

you know, I owe you an apology.

I mean you are still just a trump , but I laughed at you when you tried the old tried and true libertarian self label.

as economically and historically illiterate as you are, you really may be a libertarian. I’m sorry for doubting you.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Joey you are really stupid. I mean top ducks or spurtacular. but dang, you’re sure trying.

i always thought it was the fact that you’re druggie that caused your family to have nothing to do with you. In reality, it may just be because you’re re ed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

ACA - Raised average medical premiums four-fold
    Revoked Bush tax cuts
    2009 stimulus
    2009 didn't send support to the anti-Khomeini protestors at the time of the rigged election. We could have taken back Iran for the good.
    Attacked Libya for no good reason
    2011 supported jihadi "Arab Spring" vocally
    Vocally took sides on controversial issues, i.e. "my son would have looked just like Trayvon"
    Ignored ISIS from 2014-2016
    Lowered interest rates down to next to nothing

I could go on.....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump pros:

-Eliminated industry federal regulations on 12:1 ratio
    -Created mass job growth from 2017-2019
    -2017-18 Trump tax bill lowered taxes for those who apply the standard deduction
    -Defeated ISIS
    -Killed Baghdadi
    -Killed Soleimani
    -Appointed 3 excellent conservative SCOTUS justices
    -Acknowledged the problem of China gaining influence in the USA
    -Did not enter new long-term war or declare war on new country, unlike predecessors
    -Increased stability in the North Korea tensions
    -Got out of the terrible Iran nuclear deal which greatly favored Iran
    -Removed the USA from the Paris Climate Accord which costs billions of taxpayer dollars
    -Passed a degree of criminal justice reform reducing non-violent crime (i.e. drug, fraud) sentences

Trump CONS:

-He's ugly, and kind of fat
    -2017-18 tax bill raised tax burden on those who itemize deductions
    -His fake spray tan looks re ed
    -Misogynistic and a womanizer; has kids with 3 different women
    -His hair looks really, really re ed
    -Tweets like a goddamned idiot
    -Tariffs raised consumer prices and poked the sleeping giant bear in an unnecessary way
    -Didn't completely shutdown the country when COVID hit, leading to six-figure human losses on US soil due to the virus
    -Nepotistic appointments in his cabinet/inner circle
    -Not a very presidential president in a formal, traditional sense
    -The 2020 stimulus was by far his worst act. Robbing our great-grandchildren and jacking up the national debt even higher. #Romney2012

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll go with Pierce because of his politics regarding slavery during his time
    Did he refuse to let a black guy his wife?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Disagree. Trump actively sacrificing hundred of thousands of our lives for the stock market and doing everything he can to poison trust in epidemiological experts during a pandemic that is raging through our nation is the worst thing an American president has ever done. And it looks like he's working on the second worst thing with the coup he seems to be setting in motion.
    COVID is definitely a good point. Domestically, it's one of the worst things that a president has ever done. Trump is definitely the most embarrassing and divisive president in US history. No doubt about that.

I think that Trump is the Reagan of this new generation, in the sense that he's going to define the direction of the GOP for years to come...and not in a good way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

spying on a duly elected president, running guns to cartels, planting seeds of division amongst us all, underhanded deals with foreign adversaries, etc...

and your guessing about you being fat is not my problem but it sure seems to be yours. every time you're ass has something to say you end it with the same cliche bull just like Dumpster does. yall are two ing re s.

you know, I owe you an apology.

I mean you are still just a trump , but I laughed at you when you tried the old tried and true libertarian self label.

as economically and historically illiterate as you are, you really may be a libertarian. I’m sorry for doubting you.
    i'm not sorry that i ing hope the worst for you in life bogie. here here to you getting royally ed in the future! you're a pussy and i ing can't stand you or those like you. off loser!

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    But from what i've been hearing on ST, the president isn't "duly elected' until the electors meet and certify the results in congress in January so Obama was just spying on a regular dude tbh. And trump's own lawyers have argued that a sitting president can spy on whoever they want, so which is it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But from what i've been hearing on ST, the president isn't "duly elected' until the electors meet and certify the results in congress in January so Obama was just spying on a regular dude tbh. And trump's own lawyers have argued that a sitting president can spy on whoever they want, so which is it?
    lmao spying on citizens is illegal bro unless terrorist plots abound.

the real fascists are pussies like yourself and it's no wonder you chose the alt "joseph kony". you'd roll over in a heartbeat.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    spying on a duly elected president DISPROVEN MANY TIMES ALREADY, running guns to cartelsERIC HOLDER, NOT OBAMA, TELL YOUR BLACK MEN APART PLS, planting seeds of division amongst us all YOUR UNHINGED OPINION, NOT A FACT, underhanded deals with foreign adversaries NAME ONE, etc...

Thread Information