Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Doesn't that make sense to you, or is your brain that dumb that you can't even get that? pussyface's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    How many of you sensitive souls feel this is way over the line? From dallasbasketball.com .

Rest In Peace, Dwyane Wade

As we get ready to roast D-Wade and "The It Team'' of the NBA tonight, we learn that we can only microwave the Heat. Because they were already roasted last night in Houston. But Miami will have an excuse: Wade -- who defies mathematicians and true tough guys everywhere by falling down seven times but getting up eight -- fell-down-go-boom against the Rockets.

And he didn't get up from the floor. ... except to go to the bench, tears welling up in his eyes.

And he didn't get up from the bench. ... until a WHEELCHAIR was rolled down the baseline to carry him to the locker room.

And he didn't get up from the WHEELCHAIR until he moved himself to a STRETCHER.

And he didn't get up from the STRETCHER until he was driven to a Houston hospital.

And, I assume, he will not get up from the hospital unless Aladdin's rug, Cleopatra's barge or H.G. Wells' time machine pulls into the handicapped driveway to carry him.

Karma, you see, has a acious sense of humor. Wade -- taking over from Kobe as the NBA's resident Drama Queen and taking over from teammate Shaquille O'Neal as the NBA's resident Speaker of Stupid Things -- spends a great deal of time pretending he's hurt.

Now, maybe he really is. Maybe.

A layman's guess at his fourth-quarter injury? I guessed it was a hyper-extended left shoulder. Wade's dramatic reaction? I guessed it was a late bid for an Oscar. Maybe I'm wrong; Wade didn't make the trip to Dallas last night, and therefore, it's possible that the reaction wasn't yet another attempt to prove himself a "warrior.''

Kids, I've experienced a separated shoulder. It does sting, yes. But for Christ's sake, a hurt shoulder DOESN'T affect one's ability to WALK!! (The shoulder bone is not connected to the thigh bone, is it?) Oh, and while I'm getting my cynicism out of my system: My friends, I've been attending NBA games on an almost-nightly basis for 17 years. ... and I didn't even know the medical staffs at arenas HAD wheelchairs laying around!

Anyway, before I could Wade out of tonight's game. ... what a "warrior'' he would be if he lept from a hospital bed to play in a nationally-televised game! What a "champion'' he would be if he made a last-minute emergency trip from Houston to Dallas just in time for tipoff! What a "courageous hero'' he could be if somehow, will his shoulder -- which almost certainly must be, by now, ravaged by cancer and/or frozen with paralysis -- into cooperating as he leads his sub-.500 team to. ... yet another loss.

Yeah, Wade and the Heat are going to get crushed by the fired-up Mavs and a liquored-up 8:30 p.m. audience. Book it.

Dwyane Wade will absorb a million more "devastating blows.'' Miami will absorb yet another loss.

But, most importantly, D-Wade will get another TV commercial out of it.
    Last edited by pussyface; 02-22-2007 at 01:08 PM.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Sounds pretty on-point to me.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's why so many people hate the Mavericks and their poor-sport fans.

Tim to Tony to Manu! bdictjames's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is stupid.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    That's why so many people hate the Mavericks and their poor-sport fans.
    It's too bad that most Mavs fans give a . I don't.

Doesn't that make sense to you, or is your brain that dumb that you can't even get that? pussyface's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    man, you spurs fans are such righteous paragons of moral virtue. I respect you guys so much. the only other people I know who are as commendable and upstanding as you are such men as oral roberts, pat robertson, and jerry fallwell. If I ever make it to heaven I know it will be overflowing with Spurs fans.

This is the West, sir. When the legend becomes fact, print the legend sandman's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This article would never have been written had the Heat not beat the Mavs in the Finals.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You guys need to look at this from the Mav Fan side of things.

See, now they can finally hold that parade they had planned.

Wanna kill all Humans? u2sarajevo's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    This article is written by a simpleton known as Mike Fisher, former sportsradio talk guy in the DFW area.... before sportsradio got good in Dallas.

I actually think he still has a show on some station in Dallas.... one with a weak signal though and I can't remember the station number.

But this will only show up on dallasbasketball.com, because he has no other outlet for it.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    This article is written by a simpleton known as Mike Fisher, former sportsradio talk guy in the DFW area.... before sportsradio got good in Dallas.

I actually think he still has a show on some station in Dallas.... one with a weak signal though and I can't remember the station number.

But this will only show up on dallasbasketball.com, because he has no other outlet for it.
    very true...i agree. Fisher is certainly a bit of a hack to say the least. The article does, however, somewhat mirror my inner feelings on the matter.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stupid article. Nobody deserve to be hurt. Whether they are or not playing for your team.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    i dont think he was trying to say Wade deserved it. on the other hand, he isnt oblivious to the poetic irony of the thing (riley's first game back, drama queen finally injured (somewhat, again we aren't talking about something serious in the long run like AIDS or some )

you spurs fans are tripping all over yourselves to express your deep feelings of anguish for a young millionaire superstar basketball player whose life will continue to be 1000 times better than yours in every tangible way.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Stupid article. Nobody deserve to be hurt. Whether they are or not playing for your team.
    Your post is about as imaginitive, interesting, and entertaining as what I would have expected from someone with the incredibly generic signon name of NBAFan

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IF the heat beat the mavericks tonight, i'm going to die laughing.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    hehe... all bull ting aside i would bet my life on that not happening. a depleated heat squad will be walking into the proverbial buzzsaw this evening. As presently constructed, they are a sub-.500 team playing an angry team that hasnt lost at home since December

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hehe... all bull ting aside i would bet my life on that not happening. a depleated heat squad will be walking into the proverbial buzzsaw this evening. As presently constructed, they are a sub-.500 team playing an angry team that hasnt lost at home since December
    that's what will make it hilarious if dallas loses. none of you posting in the wade thread would be able to show your faces on here for at least a month.
    Last edited by Kermit; 02-22-2007 at 01:56 PM.

The Queen Always Protects the King Islymore's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    i'd post. no biggie for me. the Mavs will likely win this game. they should be pretty amp'd to win this game simply bc they like to win. forget - DWade's comments, Shaq's comments. the Mavs just like to win, they WANT to win every game they play. and as long as they feel that way, I'm behind them 122%!

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    IF the heat beat the mavericks tonight, i'm going to die laughing.
    If that happens, my head will probably explode.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your post is about as imaginitive, interesting, and entertaining as what I would have expected from someone with the incredibly generic signon name of NBAFan
    My repsonse is similar to the way the article is written. I would not use my high level sentences/grammer for a article written by an inmature kid.

Live by what you Speak. DarkReign's Avatar
    My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    I would say its very accurate.

I have had my shoulder seperated...along with my collar bone broken and my humerus all at the same time. Tickle? No. Inability to walk? no.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I would not use my high level sentences/grammer for a article written by an inmature kid.
    I believe the work you were searching for is "immature." ... hehe your "high level sentences..." that was perfect.

hasta la victoria, siempre cheguevara's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mav fans are gay, and this proves it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This article would never have been written had the Heat not beat the Mavs in the Finals.
    EXACTLY

these mavs fans still have such a bitter taste from last years embarrassing finals breakdown that they take THIS of all opportunites to try and prove their point. It's more funny than anything else...or is it more pathetic than anything else??..hmmmmm

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    at spurs fans making this game tonight bigger than it is. Any team can beat any given team on any night. It's just another regular season game for the mavs now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you spurs fans are tripping all over yourselves to express your deep feelings of anguish for a young millionaire superstar basketball player whose life will continue to be 1000 times better than yours in every tangible way.
    But what about the intangibles. Can't put a price on those!

Thread Information