Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What the were we thinking?

1.Brent Barry? As over-rated a shooter as a career 40% 3point, near 50% FG PCT, can be.

Total garbage, entire career has been a fluke, should never be allowed to see on court action in the NBA again. Not good enough to play for the Spurs. Keep his punk ass on the bench.

2.Robert Horry - 5 ring fluke, all those clutch plays were luck. Aint got nothing, never had nothing. Should never be allowed on an NBA court again, not good enough for a team like the Spurs. Keep his punk ass on the bench.

3.Manu Ginobili - total career fluke, being the centerpiece of a team that knocked off a team of NBA All Stars and two championship coaches...winning Euroleauge MVP, Gold medal...Euro le...

Marginal talent. Should be, at the most, a role player for the San Antonio Spurs.

4.Rasho - No talent piece of crap, not good enough to play for the Spurs...should be benched and not allowed on the court for the Spurs. Not good enought to play for the Spurs. No offensive game whatsoever.

5.Tony Parker - entire fluke, little crappy PG hasn't got a shred of talent or NBA game...probably shouldn't be allowed in the NBA...Little egomaniac either tries to score or tries to pass...what a loser. Not good enough to play for the mighty San Antonio Spurs.

Spurs should cut or trade every player on the team except Tim Duncan, Devin Brown and Malik Rose...no one else is good enough to play for this team except those three icons of perfection. Them combined with Gregg Poppovich's legendary flexibility and innovativeness as a coach is enough to win an NBA le. And everyone else sucks.

What the were we thinking when we called this team the most talented in history?

It's the least talented in history...thank God Pop realizes this and has shortened the rotation to 6 men.

Whew that was a close one...now if we can just trade all this crap...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs should cut or trade every player on the team except Tim Duncan, Devin Brown and Malik Rose...no one else is good enough to play for this team except those three icons of perfection. Them combined with Gregg Poppovich's legendary flexibility and innovativeness as a coach is enough to win an NBA le. And everyone else sucks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bring Back John Lucas!!!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Classic Threads material.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whottt's about to get hit by a ton of bricks from somebody who just don't know.

Dos Equis
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You gonna rip all those guys and give Devin Brown a pass?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As usual, I said too much...I should have just said this:

It's the least talented in history...thank God Pop realizes this and has shortened the rotation to 6 men.
    And that would be sarcasm.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of Course,

Pop's defense sucked, he made Devin play dumb down the stretch.

Of course.

God, amazing how much 1 man controls a whole game.

Free Throw Coach Aggie Hoopsfan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, whott just said everything that needs to be said.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of Course,

Pop's defense sucked, he made Devin play dumb down the stretch.

Of course.

God, amazing how much 1 man controls a whole game.
    We have the most talented team in Spur history, by far, and he is playing the same 6 guys that got the bulk of the minutes and burnt enourmous energy last night, on the second night of a back to back. The only reason Rasho got more minutes is out of necessity of guarding Yao.

In short..Pop is being a and too much of a hardass. He doesn't know how to utilize the talent on this team if it doesn't play his idea of all NBA defense. There's more to it than D.

And he can't put everyone on the bench...time for him to fit the team instead of the other way around. We are already the best defensive team in the NBA and he is just beating a dead horse now. The last two nights have been stupid.

And the only reason we didn't lose this game earlier is because we had the best FT shooting night we have had in 3 years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WHY OH WHY did we allow pop to fire Bob Hill?!?!?!?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We should trade them all for Trillion Carter. We might get better productivity.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great question.

WWBHD

Pop has gotta get the silver haired er on the phone and learn a thing or two obviously.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Code:
    STARTERS MIN 
    Bruce Bowen, 32
    Tim Duncan, 38 
    Radoslav Nesterovic, 24 
    Emanuel Ginobili, 29 
    Tony Parker, 39  
    BENCH MIN  
    Devin Brown, 26 
    Malik Rose, 25  
    Brent Barry, 9 0-3 0-1 0-0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 
    Beno Udrih, 9 2-3 0-0 0-0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 4 
    Tony Massenburg, 4 0-0 0-0 0-0 1 0 1 0 0 0 1 1 0 
    Robert Horry, 5 1-2 0-0 0-0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 1 2 
    Mike Wilks, G DNP COACH'S DECISION

Amazingly, the powerhouse juggernaut and superdeep Rockets so dominated tonights game that every player on their team except 1 got double digit minutes. Well, I guess that wouldn't be amazing...I mean..hey with all that talent the Rockets have it's no surprise they can get by playing their back ups against our starters while our back ups aren't good enough to get on the court.

I hope some day we can be as good, deep, and talented as the Rockets...gotta get rid of this Horry, Barry and Udrih crap though first....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seriously WHOTTTTTTTTTTT, who do you think got too many minutes? Tony? and who else?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rasho shouldve gotten more minutes down the stretch IMO.

But other than that, everything was ok.

Devin Brown was awesome.

Bowen was playing great D.

Parker was running the offense mediocrely but Udrih wasnt much better.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just tell me one thing Kori...

How come the Rockets can play their back ups substantial minutes but we can't?

Do they have a better bench IYO? They must, their guys got more minutes. And I don't think they were playing the second night of a back to back.

And...I just hope you guys rip Malik like you do Horry...he obviously got too many minutes.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    None of those guys were making any difference. The 7 guys who played were the 7 guys who should've played. We were also getting their guys into foul trouble, hence more minutes for the bench players. Too bad they punked us.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brent Barry, 9 0-3 0-1 0-0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0

with numbers like that Whottt, I can see your arguement, Barry was kickin ass and takin names in the time he played.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not disagreeing with you, Whottt. I'm asking what you would have different. It looks like to me that perhaps Tony played too many minutes. But the rest of the distribution isn't that bad. Take a few minutes away from Malik maybe and give them to Rasho/Horry. I'm not sure what else could have been done.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    None of those guys were making any difference. The 7 guys who played were the 7 guys who should've played. We were also getting their guys into foul trouble, hence more minutes for the bench players. Too bad they punked us.

Yeah...I guess they got a better team and a better bench. There is no other conclusion you can draw, since Pop is masterful...and again...our offense sucked ass don't act like it didn't...

It was total and utter hor offense...we shot 33%...the only thing that saved us was our FT shooting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree.

Nitpicking about minutes, is kind of , I dont know, silly.

Parker shouldve played less and Udrih played more??

Udrih wasnt doing anything that warrants that.

Bones DEFINATELY didnt warrant any more minutes.

I agree with TIMVP, enough in around, time for Barry to become a player instead of an attendant.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whottt has fallen off the deep end. The reason the Rockets bench played more because their starters suck equally with their bench.

What point are you trying to make?

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How was the ty shooting of the guys who didn't play double digit minutes going to help?

Do you actually know anything about JVG-coached teams?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your Hubbie got it right Kori although IMO he got it more right than he realized...Pop is being a .

Thread Information