Page 12 of 79 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s got the crazy eyes, too. What a weirdo. And I was just starting to like Memphis, for the playoffs at least.
    Brooks seems like a piece of , but I would love to have him on the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's interesting how little attention the Bucks are getting, even after sweeping Miami. I thought it was strange that they were 10-1 odds for a le before the playoffs, but now they're at 5-1. I don't usually bet on the NBA, but I put $100 on them before the playoffs started because it felt like a glitch in the system.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Scottie Brooks is a terrible coach. Gafford should be playing 30 mpg, but Brooks continues to platoon him with Alex Len and Robin Lopez, against all metrics and common sense. They've got one of the worst defenses in the NBA, but Isaac Bonga-- one of their best defenders-- is glued to the bench, and Westbrook continues to bomb away from three despite being the worst high volume three point shooter in NBA history.
    Gafford doesn't have the strength to bang with Embiid. With Len and Lopez, they can at least contemplate getting away without help on the catch.

Anytime you're forced to do that, even a mediocre - sub par play maker becomes amplified.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gafford doesn't have the strength to bang with Embiid. With Len and Lopez, they can at least contemplate getting away without help on the catch.

Anytime you're forced to do that, even a mediocre - sub par play maker becomes amplified.
    Brooks is bringing Gafford off the bench, but still giving him slightly more minutes than Len... I just think he's being namby-pamby about it. It seems clear to me that Gafford is the best of the three, and the metrics for the last 23 regular season games + the 3 playoff games are hugely in Gafford's favor. I'd argue that without the Gafford trade, the Wizards don't make the playoffs or the play in game.
    Last edited by R. DeMurre; 05-30-2021 at 02:22 PM.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Conley absolutely killing it these playoffs. Can’t believe people were mad he made the allstar team

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brooks is bringing Gafford off the bench, but still giving him slightly more minutes than Len... I just think he's being namby-pamby about it. It seems clear to me that Gafford is the best of the three, and the metrics for the last 23 regular season games + the 3 playoff games are hugely in Gafford's favor. I'd argue that without the Gafford trade, the Wizards don't make the playoffs or the play in game.
    I know, but it's because Gafford is a bit matchup dependant (not only physically weak, but a terrible defensive rebounder).

Of course, you could argue that in a series where they're this overmatched, throw caution to the wind and just play the best talent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Would love it if the Spurs could somehow acquire Bogdan, but I doubt it now with their playoff success.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anthony Davis out with a groin injury. Happened on a play with barely any contact.

Severity to be determined, but the Lakers caved after he went out of the game.

We'll see if "the King" can carry a team by himself like Duncan did, but he's already got a built in excuse.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn I love watching the Celtics get destroyed. Worst fan base in the NBA, maybe even professional sports, other than the Lakers (at least Celtics fans know something about basketball).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anthony Davis out with a groin injury. Happened on a play with barely any contact.

Severity to be determined, but the Lakers caved after he went out of the game.

We'll see if "the King" can carry a team by himself like Duncan did, but he's already got a built in excuse.
    Last season was an anomaly and Davis' injury proneness has comeback to bite LA in the ass. Sucks they won the le last season, but great to see them possibly implode in the first - round of these playoffs.

Couldn't happen to a more deserving organization and fanbase.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Welp, Clippers in 6 or 7. Nephew gets another easy path to the Finals.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mavs letting the Clips gain momentum in the series. How disappointing but unsurprising.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mavericks just don't have any pieces. There's a lot wrong with this Clippers team, but they have a lot more talent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So Clippers-Nets Finals?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    watching as a more neutral observer this playoff season, I feel like the Jazz are getting the Spurs treatment. Just a speedbump on the way for an LA team to move on in the eyes of the media.

Mitc going down at the tail end of the regular season and game 1 took the wind out of their sails a bit, but since he's come back they've been back to form and I see a quick series unfolding against memphis.

Deep team, well rounded on both sides of the floor. 3rd overall defense and 4th ranked offense. The Mavericks have a bottom tier defense statistically, and from the eye test the match up problems are obvious. Luka not at 100% takes away the possibility of a shootout in Dallas' favor like the first couple games. Clippers getting easy buckets exploiting match ups like Kleber on the perimeter.

Those buckets wont be as easy for Kawhi and PG against the Jazz. They will be met at the rim by an all time defensive player instead of porzingis. The Jazz have more than 1 weapon and make a living on flanking their giant rim runner with 4 very good shooters.

Jazz in 6. Im making the call.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    watching as a more neutral observer this playoff season, I feel like the Jazz are getting the Spurs treatment. Just a speedbump on the way for an LA team to move on in the eyes of the media.

Mitc going down at the tail end of the regular season and game 1 took the wind out of their sails a bit, but since he's come back they've been back to form and I see a quick series unfolding against memphis.

Deep team, well rounded on both sides of the floor. 3rd overall defense and 4th ranked offense. The Mavericks have a bottom tier defense statistically, and from the eye test the match up problems are obvious. Luka not at 100% takes away the possibility of a shootout in Dallas' favor like the first couple games. Clippers getting easy buckets exploiting match ups like Kleber on the perimeter.

Those buckets wont be as easy for Kawhi and PG against the Jazz. They will be met at the rim by an all time defensive player instead of porzingis. The Jazz have more than 1 weapon and make a living on flanking their giant rim runner with 4 very good shooters.

Everyone's sleeping on Utah. I don't think people have seen them play, think they're a stodgy, dull slowdown tempo team, but that's not true. They have toughness and can light it up from outside.

I don't know where I put them on the scales, but they're the top seed in the conference for a reason.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, the Mavs' defense is ing pathetic. It's absolute trash.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah i think Utah-Nets is probably the finals since the Lakers aren't healthy. I'm not sold on the Clippers the way they are playing, not a good brand of bball but they will send Mavs home.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

If the Clippers season doesn’t end in Dallas it’s definitely going to end in Utah. I don’t believe in the Clippers and nobody should.

The Mavs blowing that 19 point lead in game 3 gave that Clippers team hope. Clippers team is full of front runners - if you kick them hard enough they’ll stay down.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Utah vs Milwaukee should do wonders for the ratings

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd love a Denver vs Milwaukee or anything similar. It disposes of the homers, the posers, the my-hometeam-and-nobody-else crowd, and the I-only-watch-the-finals types. Real fans of basketball would be thrilled with a Jokic vs Giannis narrative, & with the back stories of Holiday, Porter, Middleton, Campazzo, Connaughton, and Gordon.
    Last edited by R. DeMurre; 05-31-2021 at 06:10 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Utah vs Milwaukee should do wonders for the ratings
    Since when have Spurs fans ever cared about ratings?

Spurs vs Pistons had some of the worst Finals rating ever, but is now seen as one of the most epic battles in the last 30 years.

Big Shot Rob saving game 5, Pistons grit out game 6, and the trophy was won in the last 6 minutes of game 7.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since when have Spurs fans ever cared about ratings?

Spurs vs Pistons had some of the worst Finals rating ever, but is now seen as one of the most epic battles in the last 30 years.

Big Shot Rob saving game 5, Pistons grit out game 6, and the trophy was won in the last 6 minutes of game 7.
    And two legend coaches playing chess. Remember Lindsey Hunter ing Beno Udrih up?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Danny Green

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Davis Bertans out of playoffs with calf strain per Woj...

Thread Information