Page 167 of 173 FirstFirst ... 67117157163164165166167168169170171 ... LastLast
Results 4,151 to 4,175 of 4323
    My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Red shirt one year and then Ewers will be gone to NFL.
    That's still a hard sell. We'll see.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Sort of a strange hire. I don't get it tbh
    buddy of CDC

ready to take over reigns since sark and PK both probably have a short leash

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    buddy of CDC

ready to take over reigns since sark and PK both probably have a short leash
    Lol I guess Texas really doesn't give a about buyouts any more.

We need Gary P for defensive help. I mean did you see it?

- has a ton of head coaching experience
    - has coached in the Big 12 for a while now, knowledge of opponents
    - his defensive mind, should take the reigns of defense if Pete K. just can't get it done.
    - familiarity with CDC
    -SHHHH Ochaun Mathis. Sssshhhhh
    -recruiting help
    -maximizing potential in players (known for taking qbs to making them good defensive players)
    - overall feeling of knowing hey sark, you don't have long to produce something better than a 6 game losing streak and lose to Kansas in first year.

Patterson has a huge ego, but he IS a damn good coach. I will bet that you our defense will be a lot better with him involved.
    now the ego thing ? That could be a problem. That will be another challenge for Sark. I personally don’t think he will ever be a head coach here. Already too many egos at Texas.
    But I would hire the guy, because he will make us better.

Good to have you back Texas4ever !!!

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Neyor?!?

well that answers that
    Last edited by bluetrumpet; 01-20-2022 at 11:55 AM.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Sort of a strange hire. I don't get it tbh
    We are having trouble putting a name to his position with the team as well.
    I think the fact he is so good at evaluating talent and defense was important.
    Also he is supposed to have an edge guy coming along with him which is a HUGE area of need.
    But Ochaun Mathis has not put in his commitment in yet. Patterson hire was guaranteed to bring this Mathis who automatically starts for us by default.
    So if this falls through... not a good look to start with.

Also there is a tendency to hire people who beat you consistently, which Patterson did, and claim them Gods.
    Patterson's defenses lost some of their sting lately with the loss of one of his really good assistants.
    Sort of sounds familiar with Beard imo.

And Patterson could negative recruit the out of us, so... Maybe he could also help in the recruiting.
    The weird part is this is a Nationally known head coach who is taking this kind of step? I would call it down.
    Where were all the other Power 5 schools ready for him to take over? Surely all his assistants were ready to follow after a very poor season?

Maybe he really is looking for a year or two of zero responsibility via blame. No one can say Patterson did a horrible job this next year so we were bad again.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Neyor?!?

well that answers that
    HOly crap this is good news.
    We might have gotten another WR late but this guy was wanted by our staff badly.
    So now we need an edge rusher, a safety, a LB. We got a TE which was not the biggest area of need.

What else?

Maybe an OL transfer at tackle on the scale of Calvin Anderson? Having true freshman starting against Alabama second game... I dont think our remaining linemen fill the bill entirely unless they get tons better. We dont need our QBs getting slammed constantly this year. And it would be nice to keep Bijan alive as well.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    losing er to the NFL...

That could cost a close game or two. Hopefully our offense is much better as his punting was quite good and really helped. A bit of inaccuracy on FG but the range was fantastic.

I dont even know who our other PK will be.

Lots of needs few spaces. One space for Campbell and how many left? 1?

Pearson will be punter or a WO.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    very exciting pickup imo

My Team
    TAMU-CC Islanders
    Post Count
    I am glad er is leaving....he was too inconsistent. He hit a few big kicks, but missed some big ones too.

I look forward to the next kicker, hopefully he will be the 2nd coming of Justin Tucker or even Phil Dawson.

Bert Auburn.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I am glad er is leaving....he was too inconsistent. He hit a few big kicks, but missed some big ones too.

I look forward to the next kicker, hopefully he will be the 2nd coming of Justin Tucker or even Phil Dawson.
    glad? idk about that. how quick we forget the horrendous kicking situation in the 6 years between tucker and er, with one good year of fera mixed in there

Id say we should be pretty happy with ers years overall

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    I mean, just an awkward le. Gotta feel sorry for the DC hearing "well what I would do here is..." all day

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I mean, just an awkward le. Gotta feel sorry for the DC hearing "well what I would do here is..." all day
    I would agree, except the DC fielded a historically bad defense for the team despite having plenty of talented players, so he put himself in this situation

My Team
    TAMU-CC Islanders
    Post Count
    I would agree, except the DC fielded a historically bad defense for the team despite having plenty of talented players, so he put himself in this situation
    I concur.....If you don't want someone else in your kitchen while you are cooking, stop serving up prison slop to the masses. Had he been serving up gourmet meals, then today we would all be like Gary who?

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Or they could just axe the DC

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Or they could just axe the DC
    yeah i dont disagree with this either lol

ig i just dont care how PK feels about the situation. this was a horribly undeserved second chance he got. if he didnt want it, he could just quit.

Patterson will probably be gone soon. And PK wasn’t exactly put in a good spot. The defense was not good. But the offense sucked too. So Sark is responsible for most of that.
    Hopefully they will pick his brain for 1 year and show him the door. Patterson is an egomaniac. That kind of gets old quick.

Nothing wrong with offense till Casey hurt his thumb.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    still semen shielding for casey when his mental flaws were exposed well before this thumb injury

Thread Information