Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tony Parker maybe?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How is this even a debate? It’s so obvious that it’s Pop no matter how much nice words DJ has said about him. You don’t compare a coach to a player. It’s not Kawhi, or whoever other player that has been brought up.

and no, this doesn’t matter in the grand scheme of things. DJ will continue expressing his fake love, if that’s what it is, and nothing will happen. Dude is just the way he is, talks harmless trash about people who haven’t really done him wrong because of his unstable childhood. He has trust issues and it’s okay. Not every kid in the family is going to be a good apple. He’s a Spur. He’s family. You don’t (and they won’t) boot him out because of how he says stupid sometimes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How is this even a debate? It’s so obvious that it’s Pop no matter how much nice words DJ has said about him. You don’t compare a coach to a player. It’s not Kawhi, or whoever other player that has been brought up.

and no, this doesn’t matter in the grand scheme of things. DJ will continue expressing his fake love, if that’s what it is, and nothing will happen. Dude is just the way he is, talks harmless trash about people who haven’t really done him wrong because of his unstable childhood. He has trust issues and it’s okay. Not every kid in the family is going to be a good apple. He’s a Spur. He’s family. You don’t (and they won’t) boot him out because of how he says stupid sometimes.

it is not really that obvious. Lol

he literally could be talking about any coach or player that was there when Ime was on our bench. Of course that does included Pop but it is not just limited to Pop. lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it is not really that obvious. Lol

he literally could be talking about any coach or player that was there when Ime was on our bench. Of course that does included Pop but it is not just limited to Pop. lol
    Yeah I’m not sold it is Pop but I agree with Dejounte that this is just his personality. For all the good he brings these little bursts of immaturity are manageable.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would still trade murray while his stock is sky high and get draft capital & assets. He will not lead us to a chip…..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's ofc not Pop. How could it be? Not TP either, Tony is litterally the one who went to Pop to propose Murray start. He was get along well with LMA too. So yeah probably borrego since he was an assistant like Ime, so makes sense Murray would mention him to Ime.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would still trade murray while his stock is sky high and get draft capital & assets. He will not lead us to a chip…..
    I’d trade him for Banchero (and plus) and draft Davis. Now Davis can eclipse DJM imo with his hardnose defense and as a go-to scorer. I like DJM’s tenacity and has continuedly improved on. But like that does not come from your team captain, of all people, create drama, especially with a young team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DJ made it to Jimmy Kimmel's Mean Tweets

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

More and more I am starting to think I don’t see DJ long on the Spurs if they don’t make some moves to improve the team, or Vassel or somebody becomes a legit costar. He’s just a compe ive guy in his prime and will absolutely tire from playing in non playoff bound teams.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DJ is a borderline All-Star. I don’t think he can make that demand until he becomes a certified All-Star. And that includes carrying the team to the playoffs. Getting above .500. All talk.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DJ’s not goin anywhere for awhile. He’s a loyal Spur and our only player who’s anywhere near All-Star caliber, so I fully expect him to be here long term. Spurs will likely give him the bag in 2024.

BUT… I can see a scenario where if in 3 years or so, if we’re still sucking ass and missing the playoffs, or we’re nothing more than First Round fodder, he wants a change of scenery and we give it to him. Couldn’t blame him at that point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ well they better start building a better team.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No thickening of the face like Devin. DJM not juicing to achieve peak performance. What kind of an example is that?!?!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No thickening of the face like Devin. DJM not juicing to achieve peak performance. What kind of an example is that?!?!

hes got reggie miller disease bro. Cant gain weight

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is DJM willing to be a third or fourth banana? If not, I can't imagine him getting what he wants.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is DJM willing to be a third or fourth banana? If not, I can't imagine him getting what he wants.
    I dont see why he wouldn’t - he has not shown anything that would lead me to believe he cares about anything but winning. Problem, SA does not seem likely to land 2-3 better players at the moment…

Not a high enough draft pick, not enough assets to trade for a legit star if one were even available and not a free agent destination due to where team is at. Tough spot

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DJ is a borderline All-Star. I don’t think he can make that demand until he becomes a certified All-Star. And that includes carrying the team to the playoffs. Getting above .500. All talk.
    I'll go on record saying he won't make the all star team next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll go on record saying he won't make the all star team next year.
    i dont know, the walking triple double is pretty impressive

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its sad how much you still underrate him. You probably would still trade him plus picks for simmons.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i dont know, the walking triple double is pretty impressive
    I figure the west will be better. Murray was probably on the inside edge just making the all star team so if the west adds some better players this may knock him out and if other players on the spurs score a little more Murray's scoring totals might fall just a little and he won't make it.

He's a fringe all star and this next season we'll see if he makes it again or falls off a bit in his numbers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think Murray cares about being the nightly goto guy or the best player on the team, as long as we are winning. He does so much on both sides of the ball to affect winning, (not to mention his burgeoning leadership) that he is probably best suited to excel as a 2nd-3rd best player type role and just do what is needed on a nightly basis to win.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who was the 3rd best player on the Celtics team? Horford? To say DJ can’t be at minimum a Horford-level player on a winning team is stupid.

Who was the 2nd best player in the Finals for the Warriors? Wiggins? DJ can’t contribute at that level?

this is getting ridiculous.

folks are still confusing this era with the days of old when teams were stacked with two or three elite players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray compares way more favorably to Horford or Smart than he does to Brown. Saying he probably needs to be the Draymond or even Wiggins on a le team isn't an insult, and folks thinking it is shows how out of touch they are with the talent level of the league outside SA. That's not saying who can have a great series. But you have to get to the Finals to have an Iggy run or what LND did in 2013. No one should confuse that with being one of the big three of those clubs

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not worried about him leaving. He's gotten better but I wouldn't call him a superstar or a generational player. If he leaves, he leaves.

Thread Information