Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are asking my opinion? The assault weapon ban was from 1994 to 2004. there were no smart phones or social media in that time frame. If you want a cause and effect I think there is a case to be made that the mass shootings have increased at the same rate as the availability of social media.
    The easy availability of the guns had absolutely nothing to do with it?

It was just Myspace and Facebook?

At the same time there was absolutely no cause for the decrease the previous decade?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The easy availability of the guns had absolutely nothing to do with it?

It was just Myspace and Facebook?

At the same time there was absolutely no cause for the decrease the previous decade?
    The easy availability is a given, but that horse was already out of the barn with millions in circulation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The easy availability is a given, but that horse was already out of the barn with millions in circulation.
    It was less of a given during the years of the ban.

When the number of shootings actually went down.

What could have possibly caused that?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was less of a given during the years of the ban.

When the number of shootings actually went down.

What could have possibly caused that?
    You really just want to argue, don't you? Personally I think a 1.7 deaths per year difference is statistically insignificant.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You really just want to argue, don't you? Personally I think a 1.7 deaths per year difference is statistically insignificant.
    They certainly didn't go up during that time of media proliferation and Columbine.

If you want to say the ban did absolutely nothing, that's fine. The numbers disagree with you.

It certainly seems easier to try something that again than to ban young men from using smartphones. Would you agree with that?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They certainly didn't go up during that time of media proliferation and Columbine.

If you want to say the ban did absolutely nothing, that's fine. The numbers disagree with you.

It certainly seems easier to try something that again than to ban young men from using smartphones. Would you agree with that?
    What exactly are you trying to accomplish here? There isn't going to be a ban, period. They will probably pass some new Red Flag laws and maybe raise the age to 21 to buy a gun but that's all. You can flail away all you want but there isn't going to be a ban of AR-15's.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What exactly are you trying to accomplish here? There isn't going to be a ban, period. They will probably pass some new Red Flag laws and maybe raise the age to 21 to buy a gun but that's all. You can flail away all you want but there isn't going to be a ban of AR-15's.
    That wasn't my question.

Would it be easier to pass something like the 1994 law or to prevent young men from using all social media?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That wasn't my question.

Would it be easier to pass something like the 1994 law or to prevent young men from using all social media?
    Why present two unrealistic hypothetical scenarios at all? I accept the reality as it is, not as you might wish it would be.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why present two unrealistic hypothetical scenarios at all? I accept the reality as it is, not as you might wish it would be.
    , women and blacks never would've gotten the vote with people like you around.

Why even think about making things better?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not sure where we got comfortable feeding children to Moloch. Facebook must've done it to us.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    AR was short for Armalite. The origonal design was by Armalite.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not sure where we got comfortable feeding children to Moloch. Facebook must've done it to us.
    your kids dying for my freedom to carry whatever gun I want to is something we all just have to live with, because of the very small numbers, says CC. Uvalde was a tragedy, but it wasn't statistically significant.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    (one kid died from metal tipped lawn darts -- they're still illegal)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    (one kid died from metal tipped lawn darts -- they're still illegal)
    I specifically use them as weapons. How can that possibly be infringed?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    your kids dying for my freedom to carry whatever gun I want to is something we all just have to live with, because of the very small numbers, says CC. Uvalde was a tragedy, but it wasn't statistically significant.
    Nice goalpost move, Whinehole.

You guys can talk about me all you want but I am simply pointing out the political reality that should be obvious to any rational adult that follows current events. We may get some form of red flag action and possibly raising the age limit but that's it.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wHy aRe tHe dEmS sO iNeFfeCtiVe oN gUn coNtRoL?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are asking my opinion? The assault weapon ban was from 1994 to 2004. there were no smart phones or social media in that time frame. If you want a cause and effect I think there is a case to be made that the mass shootings have increased at the same rate as the availability of social media.
    Fine. Let’s accept your reasoning of social media caused the increase ( ). Why didn’t other countries show similar increased shootings as well? They had the same access to social media as we did during this time frame.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    wHy aRe tHe dEmS sO iNeFfeCtiVe oN gUn coNtRoL?
    Because they never give, only take.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

NOT A MACHINE GUN
    also, not rabbits

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fine. Let’s accept your reasoning of social media caused the increase ( ). Why didn’t other countries show similar increased shootings as well? They had the same access to social media as we did during this time frame.
    Its pretty self evident that social norms and general public at udes are more permissive than in the "other countrys" you want to compare us to.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We have more mass shootings because American exceptionalism.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its pretty self evident that social norms and general public at udes are more permissive than in the "other countrys" you want to compare us to.
    How so?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    , women and blacks never would've gotten the vote with people like you around.

Why even think about making things better?
    Why is it so hard for these guys to comprehend these simple concepts/questions. Or are they afraid to answer.

Smh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are they though? You are throwing out pretty vague claims. Let’s look at somewhere like australia, Canada, or England…what are some specific differences. Because the main difference I seem to see between us and them is ease of access to guns tbh. I’m open to hearing about some of these at udes and permissive stuff. England even elected a buffoon to office just like us

Thread Information