Page 123 of 164 FirstFirst ... 2373113119120121122123124125126127133 ... LastLast
Results 3,051 to 3,075 of 4088
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn 32 workouts? I wonder if Spurs had so many workouts ever in the past .

I would be thrilled with any combinations of:

Davis/Daniels/Sochan 9
    Eason/LaRavia 20
    Jalen Williams/Butler 25
    Procida 38

I think that 38th pick is a stash having too many rookies. And Manu inquiring about contracts

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The workouts are nothing out of the ordinary or at least that is my opinion. They are conducting due diligence and that enables them to put together a board beyond the picks that they currently have in the event of trades or undrafted players getting Austin invites or training camp invites.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The workouts are nothing out of the ordinary or at least that is my opinion. They are conducting due diligence and that enables them to put together a board beyond the picks that they currently have in the event of trades or undrafted players getting Austin invites or training camp invites.
    I was saying because Keldon didn’t even want to workout with the Spurs expecting to be a lottery pick and not going to 19 or worst 29th. They couldn’t even get his number that they didn’t know how to call him when they drafted him. But with 4 picks, damn

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn 32 workouts? I wonder if Spurs had so many workouts ever in the past .

I would be thrilled with any combinations of:

Davis/Daniels/Sochan 9
    Eason/LaRavia 20
    Jalen Williams/Butler 25
    Procida 38

I think that 38th pick is a stash having too many rookies. And Manu inquiring about contracts
    What has Manu asked in regards to contracts?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What has Manu asked in regards to contracts?
    One of the players said something about speaking to manu and question's about contracts. Its up to speculation if that's draft and stash or 2way stuff

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Manu was clarifying with Procida that he's a free agent. It was a weird situation, but he's not likely going to be stashed unless Ginobili hoodwinks him.

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I believe the Spurs don't just work out potential draft picks, but also those they might consider for summer camp fodder > Austin Spurs roster fillers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I believe the Spurs don't just work out potential draft picks, but also those they might consider for summer camp fodder > Austin Spurs roster fillers.
    Plus players that they don’t even workout but ultimately pick, i.e. Keldon who wasn’r expected to go that low

I’m just commenting on the amount of activities the PATFO has this Summer, maybe ever.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There’s also a level of subterfuge involved. If the Spurs have trades working for any of their picks, the can covertly invite reps from other teams, and the players wouldn’t even be aware of it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sochan reminds me of Rodman, on defense.
    thank god

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Plus players that they don’t even workout but ultimately pick, i.e. Keldon who wasn’r expected to go that low

I’m just commenting on the amount of activities the PATFO has this Summer, maybe ever.
    They have the 9th pick. They pretty much should workout everyone they can as they have first dibs on 90% of the draft. The Keldon excuse won’t work here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They have the 9th pick. They pretty much should workout everyone they can as they have first dibs on 90% of the draft. The Keldon excuse won’t work here.
    I’m sure Spurs fans are not used to seeing so many top names to choose from. Anyone of them could be a T-Mac, Novitzky, Demar, Amare just a few of notable players picked at 9. And even 13/15 if they can pull it off. Exciting time

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    By the looks of the interview list the spurs will not be pursuing a trade up in the draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    By the looks of the interview list the spurs will not be pursuing a trade up in the draft.
    That would be tipping your hand. You don’t want to let teams know you’re trading up, and working out Banchero would set of not only alarms, but freaking air raid sirens.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is my info. On that matter-

Workouts are handled by the agents of each player. Based on Insider intel., they then organise a client’s workout based on their projected range, including some outlier teams on either side of the spectrum. Eg. Players like Ivey or Banchero wouldn’t need to work out for anywhere below the 5th pick unless there was a certain desire by that player to do so.

There are two schools of thought here -

1. An agents job is to get their client as high a position in the draft as possible leading to the most initial money a prospect can earn from their contract right off the bat.

2. An agents job is to get their client to the best team they can (not by current W/Ls), that can utilise their talents most effectively based on current personnel right away.

We actually saw Primo’s agent achieve both by getting him to a great organisation, one Primo himself had designated, while seemingly going higher than what was predicted.

Haliburton was also said to have tried to get his way to Sacramento by his party withholding certain information from teams picking ahead of them.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Workouts are handled by the agents of each player. Based on Insider intel., they then organise a client’s workout based on their projected range, including some outlier teams on either side of the spectrum. Eg. Players like Ivey or Banchero wouldn’t need to work out for anywhere below the 5th pick unless there was a certain desire by that player to do so.

1. An agents job is to get their client as high a position in the draft as possible leading to the most initial money a prospect can earn from their contract right off the bat.

2. An agents job is to get their client to the best team they can (not by current W/Ls), that can utilise their talents most effectively based on current personnel right away.

We actually saw Primo’s agent achieve both by getting him to a great organisation, one Primo himself had designated, while seemingly going higher than what was predicted.

Haliburton was also said to have tried to get his way to Sacramento by his party withholding certain information from teams picking ahead of them.
    Why has Mathurin interviewed with the Knicks, Raptors and Bulls?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Are teams required to release who they workout or can they workout players in private? Also why are some workouts out on social media, and some not? I don’t see anything from the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Heh, if true despite him being a good player they kept him around for a cup of coffee and shipped him out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why has Mathurin interviewed with the Knicks, Raptors and Bulls?
    Players can interview with different teams outside of that range, there's no worries in that.
    It also gives teams intel. in future events such as FA, Trades etc etc.

Spurs interviewed Kawhi for example.

Mathurin is a huge MJ fan, he would have been happy to speak to Chicago. The Knicks aren't too far outside his projected range and Toronto, well the boy is from Canada.
    Last edited by PhantomDashCam; 06-08-2022 at 06:01 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Heh, if true despite him being a good player they kept him around for a cup of coffee and shipped him out.
    Yeah that was such a bizarre turn of events. He really wanted to be there, not something you often hear from Sacramento players...

Edit: For Posterity...

https://kingsherald.com/draft-news/2...ngs-lowe-post/

On the latest episode of the Lowe Post podcast, host Zach Lowe and draft analyst Jonathan Givony reported that Tyrese Haliburton's agent told teams to pass on him so he could fall to Sacramento.
    Last edited by PhantomDashCam; 06-08-2022 at 06:06 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are teams required to release who they workout or can they workout players in private? Also why are some workouts out on social media, and some not? I don’t see anything from the Spurs.
    I believe it's at the team's discretion.

Certain franchises are comfortable with transparency on their draft processes. Spurs have always seemingly been tight-lipped about it.

In the age of social media, that's becoming increasingly difficult...

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And maybe even as potential future Spurs. Once they're drafted they can't talk to them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just one Center, but a lot of PF's in the 6'9 height and also long SG/SF. Yup Spurs are going long and athletic forwards.

I doubt Tyty, a PG, is our pick at 9. I doubt Murray will be offered, with Jones the only other true PG.

PG
    Tyty Washington - 6'3
    Alex Barcello - 6'2
    AJ Green - 6'4
    Andrew Nembhard - 6'5

SG
    Johnny Davis - 6'5
    Dyson Daniels - 6'8
    Jalen Williams - 6'6
    Alondes Williams - 6'5
    Michael Devoe - 6'5
    Tyrese Martin - 6'6
    Peter Kiss - 6'5
    Jamay Bieniemy - 6'4
    Aminu Mohammed - 6'5

SF
    MarJon Beauchamp - 6'6
    Kendall Brown - 6'8
    Wendell Moore - 6'5
    Gabriele Procida - 6'7
    Jabari Walker - 6'9
    Keon Ellis - 6'6
    Jeriah Horne - 6'7
    Anthony Duruji - 6'7
    Marcus Weathers - 6'5

PF
    Jeremy Sochan - 6'9
    Tari Eason - 6'8
    Jake LaRavia - 6'8
    Patrick Baldwin - 6'9
    Josh Minott - 6'8
    Moussa Diabate - 6'11
    Darius Days - 6'7
    Dom Barlow - 6'9
    Isiah Mobley - 6'10

C
    John Butler - 7'1

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Banchero’s pretty much a given at #3 to Houston if he’s there, which it sounds like he will be. Losing Keldon would also really suck and be a move in the wrong direction.
    They were the first ones to come out and say they were open to dealing the pick, so I don't know what about that tells you they're 100% set on making the pick and going with Banchero on top of that.

Thread Information