Page 137 of 164 FirstFirst ... 3787127133134135136137138139140141147 ... LastLast
Results 3,401 to 3,425 of 4088
    Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Duren is most like a baby Dwight Howard to me.
    Might be a Derrick Favors. Cue sad trombone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Duren on Detroit...that would give me some Ben Wallace thoughts. Arguably different players, but I see Duren somewhat like Wallace until proven otherwise.
    As advanced as his physical development is, I don’t ever see Duren being as strong as Wallace, or as much of a monster on the glass. Ben was one of the few players strong enough to stand Shaq straight up in the post. Jalen wouldn’t need to be that strong, though. No Shaqs left in the league.

A better comp would be like a supercharged slightly larger version of RW III. He’s a great shot blocker and rim protector, and moves laterally at an elite level to cover ground on defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Might be a Derrick Favors. Cue sad trombone.
    Always a possibility. You can find busts at any pick, including #1 overall. #2 is practically land mined. The risk is part of the mid to late lottery process, but if you don’t take them, you’ll never find a great player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    HoopHype mock today has us taking:

9. AJ Griffin
    20. Blake Wesley
    25. Walker Kessler

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    HoopHype mock today has us taking:

9. AJ Griffin
    20. Blake Wesley
    25. Walker Kessler

is that good? What is the consensus of the guy we want@9

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn’t like it as Griffin is arguably my least favorite lottery pick, but that’s just me. And Walker at 25 wouldn’t be terrible. He’d be insurance for Poeltl. But we can do better imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who in their right mind would trade for that Tobias Harris contract. Would have to have a lottery pick attached to it to even consider it.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chet Holmgren sort of looks like Drew Ewbanks if he was taller and did a lot of meth. Just thought I'd share that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who in their right mind would trade for that Tobias Harris contract. Would have to have a lottery pick attached to it to even consider it.
    A few years ago this board was as obsessed with getting Tobias Harris as it's obsessed with getting John Collins now. At least Collins is cheaper.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A few years ago this board was as obsessed with getting Tobias Harris as it's obsessed with getting John Collins now. At least Collins is cheaper.
    I mean, I agree with you that the board talked about Harris in 2018 as a trade target in the same way it talked about Collins recently. But I have a feeling you're being dishonest implying that people were obsessed with Harris. The Clippers' package was interesting compared to DeRozan, and the Clippers getting the haul they did for him (and SGA breaking out) made a lot of people feel like that was retroactively the obvious trade. But Ben Simmons, Jaylen Brown and Brandon Ingram were by far the bigger discussion points

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I remember that
    Collins is cheaper younger and a better player- but still wouldn't trade for him

Wow
    After all those years tanking and high picks it looks like they are trying to rebuild to some degree

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs send Poeltl, Woodard #9

Charlotte sends Kelly Oubre, Kai Jones,#13.#15

Spurs sends McDermott,Langford #20,#25

Indiana sends Myles Turner

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As recently as 2018-2019, Tobias Harris was making $14.2M. He’s now on a contract that will have him making $40M in his age 32 season, two years from now.

Players aren’t good or bad in a vacuum. You have to judge player value against cost.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As recently as 2018-2019, Tobias Harris was making $14.2M. He’s now on a contract that will have him making $40M in his age 32 season, two years from now.

Players aren’t good or bad in a vacuum. You have to judge player value against cost.
    He was basically as mediocre as John Collins was back then.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Shaedon Sharpe made it to pick 9 it would be temping as but scary too. Podcast mentioned how if Jaden Hardy, Patrick Baldwin Jr, and Caleb Houstan never stepped foot on the court this past season they’d be projected to be drafted in the same range as Sharpe right now lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Shaedon Sharpe made it to pick 9 it would be temping as but scary too. Podcast mentioned how if Jaden Hardy, Patrick Baldwin Jr, and Caleb Houstan never stepped foot on the court this past season they’d be projected to be drafted in the same range as Sharpe right now lol
    No ing way I draft Sharpe. But he does seem to be dropping, possibly. He did compe ive stuff in Portland against Sochan and Mathurin and others. Suggesting his handlers are trying to stop a slide. Word is, he wasn't able to separate himself. If he's available at 9, however, I'd be tempted to listen to packages.
    Last edited by Mr. Body; 06-15-2022 at 05:20 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah if sharpe is there at 9, I’m calling WAS about 10 + Deni. They seem like a team that would be all over Sharpe.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Tyty Washington and Marjon Beauchamp also in the Green Room
    Last edited by duncan2150; 06-15-2022 at 06:30 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Peyton Watson is among those players like Josh Minott or Patrick Baldwin where you wonder why they're here. They had terrible college seasons and are far away from contributing professionally, if ever. I wonder if this is common, but it feels like there are way more of these players than usual. Guys who just, frankly, sucked.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've been on the Williams bandwagon for a while, and LaRavia is really growing on me. I don't see him being a three in the NBA (just doesn't seem explosive), but he has good ball skills for a PF. While he's always talked about as a defender, most of his highlights are of him scoring. I think he's a sneaky option to fill that defensive perimeter defender with size role that a lot of us have been looking to Eason or Sochan to fill. I don't think he's a shutdown guy, but he's someone who you can platoon on some of the bigger scoring wings (Doncic, Kawhi, Tatum, Giannis) while also being the backbone of a second-unit defense that doesn't currently have a lot of help. Given his shooting, he might be able to be a PJ Tucker with a floor game and should be at worst a more actualized version of KBD.

I wouldn't mind LaRavia at 20 if the Spurs don't get a forward at 9. Something like Mathurin at 9, LaRavia at 20, Alondes Williams at 25 and Koloko at 38 would be interesting. That's a lot of filled hole and with Primo it's a strong summer-league squad (which is the real point of drafting in the first place).
    So what you're saying is we getting that second Summer League banner?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lot of guys getting green room invites

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Sacramento should just change their logo to a giant Xanax. Those poor fans...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Tyty Washington also in the Green Room
    Yup these guys are moving out of our 20-25 range. I rather Spurs consolidate and trade up and get two solid lottery picks by the end of the day.

Thread Information