Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Stuff like apples and tomatoes I actually use a little dish soap. Not sure where I got that from.

Berries and other stuff like that, i just rub a bit under the faucet spray in a strainer.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    A mix of clorox and drano

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    A mix of clorox and drano
    Damn...that's the same mix I use to disinfect your mom's vag. But I also add some Lavender Oil.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Stuff like apples and tomatoes I actually use a little dish soap. Not sure where I got that from.

MMMMMnnnnn sodium lauryl sulfate

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Berries and other stuff like that, i just rub a bit under the faucet spray in a strainer.
    Which removes none of the pesticides and still leaves dirt.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders

MMMMMnnnnn sodium lauryl sulfate
    Yeah I go ahead and take that extra step of rinsing the soap off.

But will try the baking soda method. Other sources seem to recommend that as well. Otherwise just pay more and get organic

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Damn...that's the same mix I use to disinfect your mom's vag. But I also add some Lavender Oil.
    #middleschoolmentality

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Yeah I go ahead and take that extra step of rinsing the soap off.

But will try the baking soda method. Other sources seem to recommend that as well. Otherwise just pay more and get organic
    Organic produce is not pesticide free and use of organic pesticides is common on organic farms. Organic pesticides can be be nasty and some are far worse for you then synthetic pesticides. Rotenone was a really bad one. If you want "safe" food your best bet is to go to a farmers market and talk to the actual grower and find out what their farming practices are. That is a total pain in the ass to source all veg/fruit that way so basically just clean the out of both conventional and organic veg/fruit. They make some produce soaps that work really well.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Organic produce is not pesticide free and use of organic pesticides is common on organic farms. Organic pesticides can be be nasty and some are far worse for you then synthetic pesticides. Rotenone was a really bad one. If you want "safe" food your best bet is to go to a farmers market and talk to the actual grower and find out what their farming practices are. That is a total pain in the ass to source all veg/fruit that way so basically just clean the out of both conventional and organic veg/fruit. They make some produce soaps that work really well.
    Organic chemical bazaar

The key determinant of whether something qualifies as organic is something rather mundane: the production method. For crops, the origin of the seed is key — it must be organically grown and cannot be the product of genetic engineering (e.g. GMOs or gene editing). There is a widespread impression that organic food is grown without chemicals – and seemingly-credible outlets contribute to this impression.
    The reality is that all farmers – both organic and conventional – use both chemical and non-chemical containment methods. More than 100 fertilizers and inputs (pesticides, insecticides or fungicides) are authorized by organic farming regulations in both Europe and the United States.

Organic regulations were designed to promote the use of natural chemical over synthetic ones. But many natural chemicals don’t work well controlling pests. And even though the absence of synthetic pesticides is often cited in support of organics, the reality is that organic farmers have gotten approval from USDA to use dozens of synthetic chemicals, from vaccines for animals to pheromones to confuse insects. Also permitted are non-synthetic pesticides, which can be less effective than synthetic pesticides and thus need to be deployed at a higher level than in non-organic farming.
    All pesticides — synthetic or not — must meet identical safety standards. And when used appropriately, approved chemicals, synthetic or natural, do not pose meaningful health risks. Thus the conclusion of food scientists at the University of California-Davis: “The marginal benefits of reducing human exposure to pesticides in the diet through increased consumption of organic produce appear to be insignificant.”

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I go organic regardless.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Yeah, I can't help but feel BigOrganic is mostly a marketing gimmick

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Yeah, I can't help but feel BigOrganic is mostly a marketing gimmick
    I don't think it's a gimmick -- it's just not perfect.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    I don't think it's a gimmick -- it's just not perfect.
    I'm not sure it's worth the extra fee for buying organic but I'm not blaming anyone that does. They're definitely not openly transparent about what organic means.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Bet Fabbs is a smoker. Usually those freaking out over "tied to cancer" are smokers who ignore the big ing surgeon general's warning.

Thread Information