Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m going to take the other side of this whole debacle. The rumour saying it would take a Jrue Holiday like package to me signals how high the Spurs actually value DJ as few teams, if any would offer that.

Doubt DJ is going anywhere, not yet anyways.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is most likely the Hawks calling the Spurs. San Antonio should do everything they can to make a 3-team deal with Indy work where Brogdon goes to the Hawks, Collins to the Spurs and something like J-Rich, McDermott, 25 and a future 2nd to Indy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Id trade him to draft Ivey or Mathurin. Then I’d trade the 9th & Johnson for the 7th pick to draft Duren, then id trade Purtle and the 25th for Hornets pick and draft Sochan, Draft Ty Washington with the 20th.
    Washington
    Mathurin
    Vassell
    Sochan
    Duren

a team full of rookie contracts all 19/20 years old. Ton of cap space for salary dump & picks, another year or two of lottery picks since this team wouldnt contend for a year or two. Thats what I woukd do.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this makes it seem like the spurs are taking calls from teams interested in DJM, and telling them it would take ~3 first round picks and a decent player to make it happen

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this makes it seem like the spurs are taking calls from teams interested in DJM, and telling them it would take ~3 first round picks and a decent player to make it happen
    Which basically means DJ is VERY unlikely to get traded anytime soon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DJ will end up being traded. Not going to happen right now, and maybe not to the Hawks, but he has value around the league after his all star campaign. Specially if you believe he’s a late bloomer only scratching the surface of his potential you throw the kitchen sink in at the Spurs. For the Spurs they do right by a player that is growing tired of losing and the feeling will intensify as time goes on, while picking up a haul that will propel their rebuild forward.

Otherwise, the Spurs aren’t really doing anything to improve the teams talent in the short term. They aren’t going after notable FA, they aren’t pursuing trades to acquire established good players. They aren’t going to fix perceived holes, leaving Keldon at PF. They may sign a complementary veteran like McDermott to support their young guys and that guy won’t really move the needle and would just be a placeholder, which is hoy they’re shouldn’t sign any more guys like this and instead get in on trades like the one for Gordon Hayward. Then you flip him if you can rehab him, while he can be an overpriced placeholder for the team (but acquiring assets in the process).

Drafting Dieng doesn’t inspire confidence that this team will turn things around quickly either. He’s a project probably more so than Primo who could at least shoot well before mysteriously reworking his shot.

I am warming up to taking a haul for Murray bc Spurs aren’t really going to build around him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lamelo Ball

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not opposed to trading Dejounte, but we'd have to be talking multiple assets including young players and REALLY good picks, something like this year's no. 4 or multiple lightly protected future firsts + swaps from bad teams. If they are picks in the 20-30 range, to get an all star you need several tries, plus years of development to get to an all - star. Collins + a couple Atlanta firsts are simply not worth it, it'd have to include Sacramento's pick and I wouldn't give up much more than that, other than maybe filler.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd only trade him for a raft of draft picks. He's almost the only reason the team is compe ive right now.
    Well there you go.

Thread Information