Page 67 of 115 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,675 of 2871
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The beautiful game worked because we had great shooters.
    We have great shooters.

Not great three point shooters tho.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Which shooters were those? Green, Mills, Belinelli?

Diaw came on late but generally never shot that much, Cory Joseph was an ok mid range shooter, Manu was ok.

This year we have Mills, Belinelli, White, Bertans, Gay, Aldridge, DeRozan. Those guys all shoot the mid range great and all are great to serviceable on the 3 pt line. What we have more of is athleticism and youth in Murray, White, DeRozan. Gay and Aldridge still athletic beasts compared to what Duncan and Splitter were. Probably can't recreate 2014 but we can definitely have a serviceable free flowing offense here with much better iso players this time around.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Adrian Wojnarowski @wojespn

Cleveland is finalizing a trade to acquire Los Angeles Clippers forward Sam Dekker, league sources tell ESPN.

Adrian Wojnarowski @wojespn

Sides are still working through parameters, but it’s essentially Clippers clearing a roster spot and a chance for Dekker to get a better opportunity for minutes with Cavs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mentioned Dekker as a guy who'd make sense for SA to pursue. But Manu coming back pretty much eliminated that option.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We have great shooters.

Not great three point shooters tho.

Diaw came on late but generally never shot that much, Cory Joseph was an ok mid range shooter, Manu was ok.

This year we have Mills, Belinelli, White, Bertans, Gay, Aldridge, DeRozan. Those guys all shoot the mid range great and all are great to serviceable on the 3 pt line. What we have more of is athleticism and youth in Murray, White, DeRozan. Gay and Aldridge still athletic beasts compared to what Duncan and Splitter were. Probably can't recreate 2014 but we can definitely have a serviceable free flowing offense here with much better iso players this time around.
    We were #1 in the league in 3pt% in 13-14. Beautiful game works when you have the spacing needed to make the passes break the defense down

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    We were #1 in the league in 3pt% in 13-14. Beautiful game works when you have the spacing needed to make the passes break the defense down
    OK, we'll give up then.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mentioned Dekker as a guy who'd make sense for SA to pursue. But Manu coming back pretty much eliminated that option.
    Is it official or what?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OK, we'll give up then.
    Or maybe the beautiful game offense just isn’t feasible. There are other ways to go about it without being so dramatic

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or maybe the beautiful game offense just isn’t feasible. There are other ways to go about it without being so dramatic

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Or maybe some aspects of the beautiful game can be adapted to the current personnel.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is it official or what?
    I don't think so

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    I actually think we are going to go back to the beautiful game.
    parker not being on the team anymore helps

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Though it always helps, the "beautiful game" wasn't about shooting (they generally only started 2 3-point shooters) or Pop. It was about an unparalleled combination of basketball IQ, unselfishness, motivation (not just because of
    6, but in general to get one more before the big 3 aged out and do so in a unique way) and depth.

Dekker wouldn't have made sense. He's neither a 3 or D type.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Alex Kennedy AlexKennedyNBA

1h
    Trevor Booker is nearing a deal with the Shanxi Brave Dragons of the Chinese Basketball Association, according to league sources. Last season, Shanxi had Brandon Jennings (prior to Jennings' NBA comeback with Milwaukee) and Luis Scola (who is a free agent).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No doubt. I think we have plenty of good shooters though but now it's about the movement and finding open shots for these guys. No doubt Gay, Aldridge, and DeRozan can space the floor with some long 2s and/or 3s occasionally. Its whether we can make it work and all get on the same page.

It will be tough because that 14 team needed that 13 devastating loss to focus on that. But good thing is we will hopefully have Belinelli, Mills, and Manu to teach them how they did that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Scola is available? hahahahaha

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is the richest president ever. Just saying.
    And yet I somehow feel more pity for him than respect.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ESPN with their ing prediction that the Spurs arent making the playoffs

ITS PROVING TIME BOYSSSS,

LETS PROVE THEM WRONG.

GO SPURS GO,!!

hope and change
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude's flat busted, yo. He can't get loans from US banks he's defaulted so much. That's why he's up to his gills with the Russians, they're the only ones who will give him money and now he's giving them state secrets to repay.
    And they have golden showers video of him ready to release if he slips up on them.
    Not to mention the chocolate vids.
    so, what's Putin's endgame with this control over the President? is he going to try to hurt the economy?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The beautiful game had a lot to do with the passing of Diaw, Duncan, and splitter... Diaw was a great passer and like stated earlier had a high IQ. Perimeter shooting was better, but not a whole lot imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so, what's Putin's endgame with this control over the President? is he going to try to hurt the economy?
    Destroy the western order - already a big step toward accomplishment in Brexit and Trump's election. Undermine NATO and tight European-UK-American political and economic pacts. Lead the United States into wrecking its international trade economy. Allows Russia to regain its footing as an empire against its neighbors and extend outward into further areas for resources and control, like Africa and the Middle East. Hopefully split up these nations completely. Revenge for the Cold War.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This team is probably the most athletic team since Sean Elliott says. Going to take time to jell but no one is going to want to play us come playoff only thing I wish for is using last space for a decent SF.

I looked at my 401K remtireme and I was like damn almost got all back from big recession!!!

Umm didn’t he INVADE Ukraine when Obama was president?

And Russia and US have been melding in Politics for ever.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

true, but i'd argue that tim and tiago were far superior in terms of basketball iq/passing, which i think was really underrated in that '14 team overall (one of the smartest basketball teams out there). would also argue that tim and tiago were better defenders vs gay/aldridge, not to mention our wing D was incredible (green and Nephew). the greatness of that defense allowed for a lot of the beautiful game to happen- i suspect that won't be the case this year.

we might see some bizzaro/bas ized version of the beaut. game, but it won't compare to '14. IMO

Thread Information