Page 45 of 95 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 2371
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we are trading ddr to atl its got to be alot bigger than huerter to make the numbers work.... probably have to take Gallo and Snell as well and send back some salary filler (Gay?)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gallo would fill the role of veteran we hold onto too long who eventually leaves as a buyout. Sign him up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why are people ing themselves over Kevin Heurter?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Literally no one is ing over Kevin.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Literally no one is ing over Kevin.
    "Kevin is a legit piece Atlanta is open to moving but they want an all star type in return like Oladipo or DeRozan. Teams have been calling on Kevin but Atlanta has a clear price they are looking for."

You should read the page before this one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Kevin is a legit piece Atlanta is open to moving but they want an all star type in return like Oladipo or DeRozan. Teams have been calling on Kevin but Atlanta has a clear price they are looking for."

You should read the page before this one.
    I was quoting what the guy from the website said genius lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was quoting what the guy from the website said genius lol
    No . And then everyone follows discussing Huerter. What the .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Was not impressed by the little I've seen of Huerter, but makes sense if it's a DeMar swap. We'd be lacking in big wings and he's that archetype. Maybe Keldon starts and Huerter backs him up."

This kind of . Huerter. Lol.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eh, I think they can all be kept. Walker's not going to yield a big contract. Keldon, while showing a lot of potential, still needs to make a big leap and even then, he's got to show he's better than White (who has the biggest contract out of all the young guys). That's what's great about having White, while he's not a star (yet), you can use him as a benchmark for contracts. I don't think any player on the team aside from Murray thinks they're better than White. You can attribute that to the chemistry of the team and Pop's coaching style.
    Other teams will offer Keldon more than what White makes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    God damn guys supposedly the heat wanted Rudy Gay but the spurs were asking for to much, idk how to copy the article over otherwise I would

also said spurs trade talks with the heat about LMA went nowhere, what the are the spurs doing!!!!
    Last edited by Degoat; 03-18-2021 at 12:52 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Was not impressed by the little I've seen of Huerter, but makes sense if it's a DeMar swap. We'd be lacking in big wings and he's that archetype. Maybe Keldon starts and Huerter backs him up."

This kind of . Huerter. Lol.
    You get your panties in a wad over the weirdest . I didn't say Huerter was anywhere near DeMar's level, in fact I even said I wasn't impressed by him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    God damn guys supposedly the heat wanted Rudy Gay but the spurs were asking for to much, idk how to copy the article over otherwise I would
    Not surprising...Spurs are so dumb if they think they're getting 1st rounders and young players for expiring vet contracts

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You would have taken Leonard and a 2027 2nd round pick for Rudy? WTF

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You would have taken Leonard and a 2027 2nd round pick for Rudy? WTF
    just because that was the deal for Ariza doesn’t mean that was the deal for Rudy gay

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    just because that was the deal for Ariza doesn’t mean that was the deal for Rudy gay
    Indeed - because the Spurs actually wanted a fair price, which they should have. Not like Miami have any first round picks to trade anyway.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

also said spurs trade talks with the heat about LMA went nowhere, what the are the spurs doing!!!!
    Without knowing details, it doesn't make sense to freak out. They could have been asking for Lonnie for all we know.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

People love trades for the sake of trading. Considering people don't really like derozan as much. Trading is exciting

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Huerter supposedly goes by Red Mamba. I see a conflict there. Pass! (Also, I'm not sure if he's even better than Lonnie.)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Degoat umm can you tell us where you are seeing this? Not finding it anywhere.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hoopshype rumors

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/s...250021354.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hoopshype rumors

3 stars and a sun
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    MIA were only willing to part with expiring contracts for Rudy Gay?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some perspective on Hawks news

As Nate McMillan has gotten the hawks playing better ball and as the FO has come to believe they will Not be able to keep Collins, Tony Nessler (owner) is really advocating acquiring a player that would allow them to make a small playoff push this year. The GM is trying to push back and prefers a more patient approach. There is a connection in their FO to Spurs, Magic, & DDR which all ties back to Toronto. I was told a certain person reached out to Weltman in Orlando because he is a mentor of sorts and wanted to discuss DDR and how to navigate the current situation. This person has strong connection to DDR and is more aligned with Hawks owner but the GM (forget name came over from Golden State) has been able to bring Nessler around to his way of thinking up to this point. So this person is trying to carefully have options in place to move on for owner while not being seen as not in agreement with GM. Anyway this person is very strong advocate for DDR if Hawks choose to make a bigger move and sounds like he has at least had unofficial discussion with someone in Spurs org. It sounded that there was interest from Spurs and the devil would be in the details of who is getting what picks/prospects, for the right package was told Hawks would consider moving one of Reddish, Huerter, or Okungwu. Also mentioned the Hawks would prefer to move Rondo over Snell (or move both) and while Rondo is not a big salary could kill a potential deal if real talks were to begin

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I want to take a step back. I'm curious what the statistics are for NBA trades over the last 3 years. Are trades up? Down?

(Tangent: Yes, the FO frustrates me from being just a little too cautious. A little, I get. But there are risks to not making moves, like allowing LMA to show up to training camp after they just resigned Yak who stated he wants to be the starter. I think it was obvious LMA was not going to be able to take that well.)

But I digress.

Trades. It seems like most of the trades that happen are to coastal teams who are building a dynasty, either in the form of stealing a superstar (basically) or making trades to support that new super team. OR, trades are made for teams clearly trying to tank, like OKC and now Houston, it seems.

What the Spurs are trying to do: still compete (therefore, obviously, not add finishing pieces to be a contender, nor open the floodgates and try to aggressively tank) is not easy. I will give the FO somewhat of a pass in that regards. Trading to get Huerter types? I'd rather develop who we have, to be honest.

I do wish they used some foresight to make moves (likely in the offseason and around the draft) that shows some vision. I like the move towards defense. That's great. But we are nearing five o'clock rush hour, so to speak, and about to have a traffic jam of players who are shorter than 6'5". We can't keep all of them. Always waiting for players to hit free agency and see what they can get on the open market makes sense in the short term, but can't be a longterm strategy. That's my $0.02. That feels somewhat lazy to allow so many of these players to simply slip away. Is it too soon to trade away our young chips? Probably. But some hard choices will need to be made at some point, and I hope the choice is not simply not making a choice.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "The Spurs apparently aren’t inclined (at least for now) to take merely expiring contracts for Gay, who is earning $14.5 million in the final year of his deal."

That's an important tidbit. It's like trading Gay for the sake of trading him and getting nothing back.

Thread Information