View Poll Results: Who is your favorite prospect so far?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jalen Smith

18 26.87%
  • Patrick Williams

13 19.40%
  • Aleksej Pokusevksi

6 8.96%
  • Saddiq Bey

7 10.45%
  • Precious Achiuwa

3 4.48%
  • Aaron Nesmith

8 11.94%
  • Kira Lewis

2 2.99%
  • RJ Hampton

0 0%
  • Isaiah Stewart

3 4.48%
  • Devin Vassell

7 10.45%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is the third poll in a series of polls gauging who is Spurstalk's favorite prospect of the month.

As with before, the poll assumes no trades happen during the draft for the Spurs to move up or down.

These 10 prospects are those who are likely to be there at our pick #11.

By popular demand, I'm adding 6'6", 100 lb, DeMar DeRozan-wannabe, Mr. 2 point chucker Devin Vassell into the poll and removing Tyler Bey.

Let's see if he s things up like how he ed up the form on his shot recently.

A couple graphics using the data from previous polls:

Who's trending up and who's trending down from Part I to Part II:

Links to previous threads:

https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=286890
    https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=287289

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After some research, I really like Lewis.

Was underwhelmed at first, but he looks worthy of #11th pick.

Also, Bane is quite promising.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Taco Falls younger brother.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Taco Falls younger brother.
    You're quite persistent with this one. You must be great at dad jokes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ashdydbeu Vaysjaia from Hahwnsjstan imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're quite persistent with this one. You must be great at dad jokes.
    Tackos team made the Conf Finals and he shot 100%.
    Spurs could use this type of infusion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Surprised at how many people on this board are high on Kira Lewis and Jalen Smith, two guys that all the analysts have going late first or even into the second round in Smith's case. We reached for that Luka "Ham" Sammich last year, I don't want to reach again. I want a safer pick at #11.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Surprised at how many people on this board are high on Kira Lewis and Jalen Smith, two guys that all the analysts have going late first or even into the second round in Smith's case. We reached for that Luka "Ham" Sammich last year, I don't want to reach again. I want a safer pick at #11.
    Mock drafts give no indication of who is going to be successful. Consensus mock drafts are often wrong. Spurs don't follow the lead of amateur draft websites. Only 3 out of 10 of the top 10 end up being successful. You have the wrong mindset. Watch these players before you follow the crowd.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exhibit A:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...nd-predictions

-Markelle Fultz going #1
    -Lonzo being picked before Tatum, Bam
    -Josh Jackson being picked at #4
    -Dennis Smith being picked before a couple all-stars
    -Frank Ntilikina at #8 LOL
    -Zach Collins at #9 LOL
    -Who the is Justin Jackson at #16?

Tell me, why the should we follow the consensus?

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ exactly, sometimes i wonder if anyone who creates this mock drafts at least watched one vid or looked on a stats of propects.

same thing with trade rumors/ideas. recently i read an article in which (bleacher report i guess) proposed a LMA and keldon for Love. and i was like daamn did anyone of them watch at least highlights of keldon in the bubble...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ exactly, sometimes i wonder if anyone who creates this mock drafts at least watched one vid or looked on a stats of propects.

same thing with trade rumors/ideas. recently i read an article in which (bleacher report i guess) proposed a LMA and keldon for Love. and i was like daamn did anyone of them watch at least highlights of keldon in the bubble...
    I saw that article and it almost made me puke.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exhibit A:

-Markelle Fultz going #1
    -Zach Collins at #9 LOL

I don't disagree with what you're saying. A consensus of dumb s isn't much value.

But Justin Jackson was from north Houston and a of a player at North Carolina. He reminded me a lot of Anthony Parker in college. I thought he was a pretty good flyer, especially in that draft. He hasn't lived up to what I had hoped for him, but I think he would do well to go overseas for a few years, just like Parker did.

Don't get me wrong, the mock draft industry has been getting stupider every year. Just when you think they can't get any worse, they do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't disagree with what you're saying. A consensus of dumb s isn't much value.

But Justin Jackson was from north Houston and a of a player at North Carolina. He reminded me a lot of Anthony Parker in college. I thought he was a pretty good flyer, especially in that draft. He hasn't lived up to what I had hoped for him, but I think he would do well to go overseas for a few years, just like Parker did.

Don't get me wrong, the mock draft industry has been getting stupider every year. Just when you think they can't get any worse, they do.
    Ditto.

All I'm saying is a "reach" of a pick is as good as a pick as a "safe" pick when you're an outsider (not employed by teams to scout). Not saying by any means that no one can ever spot talent if you're an NBA enthusiast, just that everything that is out there should be taken with a grain of salt. No one in the history of mock draft creation has ever been close to 100% correct.

Anyway,

Wow, look at that. Precious still has zero votes. He had the lead in Part 1 of the polls. Biggest choke in history???

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nesmith - haven’t heard any recent news about him. Anybody got any intel?
    Still a big fan of Kira - feel he has star potential.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exhibit A:

-Markelle Fultz going #1
    -Zach Collins at #9 LOL

Not following the trend didn't seem to do us any favors in regards to Samanic, who looks like a complete and utter scrub at this point. We're lucky to have salvaged that draft with Keldon and Quindarry. I'm just saying, those two guys based on the strengths and weaknesses listed for them, they seem to be quite the reach at #11.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not following the trend didn't seem to do us any favors in regards to Samanic, who looks like a complete and utter scrub at this point. We're lucky to have salvaged that draft with Keldon and Quindarry. I'm just saying, those two guys based on the strengths and weaknesses listed for them, they seem to be quite the reach at #11.
    So it's the Spurs up if they get something wrong and they're only lucky if they get it right. Got it, man.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So it's the Spurs up if they get something wrong and they're only lucky if they get it right. Got it, man.
    I'm not going to extremes or looking to troll. I've been doing some research and I'm just surprised at the consensus here is all. This is arguably one of the most important drafts we've had in the PATFO era.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I voted Vassell since he’ll probably be “best player available” but the reality is I trust the Spurs with most of the guys on the list. No matter what, I fully expect the Spurs to turn the 11th pick into a star or a solid role player.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In April Smith was late first early second, but now smith and kira have been constantly mocked from 13-16 on more intel based boards. Bleacher, SI, Athletic, CBS, Ringer.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They will probably take Poku or Saddiq Bey if I had to guess.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imagine a guy who is good at shooting, passing, dribbling, stealing, blocking and rebounding and not taking him at 11.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The thing with Poku is, if he does end up panning out you gonna be kicking yourself for years to come because nobody can say they weren't aware of his potential. It's not the same case as a Ginobili, for example, that trully came out of nowhere.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow, look at that. Precious still has zero votes. He had the lead in Part 1 of the polls.

I have to admit, I didn't see where you were going by doing more than one poll, but it's kind of cool to see. I wish it was a bigger sample size, but that's not your fault. It's a pretty good piece of work.

Makes me wonder how much the teams' big boards migrate in the months leading up to the draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The thing with Poku is, if he does end up panning out you gonna be kicking yourself for years to come because nobody can say they weren't aware of his potential. It's not the same case as a Ginobili, for example, that trully came out of nowhere.

You made me laugh thinking about that. Can you imagine being the guy responsible for drafting Dante Exum with the 5 pick? I remember people talking about him as a do-it-all kind of player.

You're right. With a guy like Poku on the board, those FO guys have to be totally puckered up. If you pass and he's a bust, you don't get any extra credit. But if you pass and he really lives up to all this press? Oh, you're a total idiot, because he really has been hyped like a unicorn. You got nowhere to hide.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of that list, Lewis, Smith and 'smith remain my top three. I went back to 'smith this time because there is talk that he has better defensive potential than he's shown if he' can play the three in the NBA with that shooting ability, he can be special. Almost voted Lewis, since I think his agility is one of the best potential leverage points of any player in the draft. The positional need a potential fit with the other young players just let's Aaron edge him out. Smith is a good player too, and he could definitely be the best of the three. Giving Tim a young skilled big to help mold would be a nice test for him to see if coaching/player development is a long-term thing for him. I'm just not as sold on his chances of being special as I am with the others. With him being a decently high pick and playing at an undervalued position, it's not even clear that a solid Smith would be huge value contract. His ability to play PF would determine that for me, and I am not all that confident in that.

Thread Information