Page 107 of 176 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117157 ... LastLast
Results 2,651 to 2,675 of 4376
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Covid magnet challenge trending

Factcheckers are on the case

I'd try it but I don't want to damage my microchip
    Dude keeps phone to face all day

Streams his life

pays for thousands of needle sticks and a contaminant to color his arm

Thinks he's somehow now compromised because of something that can fit in the capillary of a needle.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hmm

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hmm

Kind of makes sense. The self-reported asymptomatic or mild-symptom breakthrough number is pretty useless without regular testing nationwide.

Vaccinated Americans as of April 30: 101,000,000

COVID deaths of those vaccinated: 142

Seems pretty good IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kind of makes sense. The self-reported asymptomatic or mild-symptom breakthrough number is pretty useless without regular testing nationwide.

Seems pretty good IMO.
    Sure.

It's also intuitive that tracking breakthrough infections is a measure of vaccine efficacy and and might provide warning of vaccine escape before lots of vaccinated people end up in the hospital or dead.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure.

It's also intuitive that tracking breakthrough infections is a measure of vaccine efficacy and and might provide warning of vaccine escape before lots of vaccinated people end up in the hospital or dead.
    Hence the smaller studies that would produce meaningful numbers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hence the smaller studies that would produce meaningful numbers.
    Local health departments will be tracking stuff like this too, I guess it's just optically weird to me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Local health departments will be tracking stuff like this too, I guess it's just optically weird to me.
    Well, you're looking at it from the perspective of doing what we should have been doing for a full year.

We didn't and we won't, so that particular number is and would continue to be meaningless.

It will be more useful in the localities, but still not as useful as it would've been with regular testing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    dp

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Seems pretty good IMO.
    Where did you get the 142 deaths number?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where did you get the 142 deaths number?
    As best as I can recall, a sloppy reading of the imprecise CDC report. Though I might have read something else.

A total of 10,262 SARS-CoV-2 vaccine breakthrough infections had been reported from 46 U.S. states and territories as of April 30, 2021. Among these cases, 6,446 (63%) occurred in females, and the median patient age was 58 years (interquartile range = 40–74 years). Based on preliminary data, 2,725 (27%) vaccine breakthrough infections were asymptomatic, 995 (10%) patients were known to be hospitalized, and 160 (2%) patients died. Among the 995 hospitalized patients, 289 (29%) were asymptomatic or hospitalized for a reason unrelated to COVID-19. The median age of patients who died was 82 years (interquartile range = 71–89 years); 28 (18%) decedents were asymptomatic or died from a cause unrelated to COVID-19. Sequence data were available from 555 (5%) reported cases, 356 (64%) of which were identified as SARS-CoV-2 variants of concern,§ including B.1.1.7 (199; 56%), B.1.429 (88; 25%), B.1.427 (28; 8%), P.1 (28; 8%), and B.1.351 (13; 4%).

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/...cid=mm7021e3_w

Since they don't differentiate between non-COVID caused and asymptomatic deaths, I'll stick with the 160 number.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hmm

What is the issue? I haven't been a fan of the cdc throughout this pandemic but criticizing them for not investigating vaccines working exactly like they are supposed to work seems re ed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What is the issue? I haven't been a fan of the cdc throughout this pandemic but criticizing them for not investigating vaccines working exactly like they are supposed to work seems re ed.
    Eh, I think local health departments will probably clock breakthrough infections as needed. The incuriousness looked weird to me at first, that's all.

Please feel free to wash the sand out of your vag and enjoy the long weekend!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The experimental drug TEMPOL may be a promising oral antiviral treatment for COVID-19, suggests a study of cell cultures by researchers at the National Ins utes of Health. TEMPOL can limit SARS-CoV-2 infection by impairing the activity of a viral enzyme called RNA replicase. The work was led by researchers at NIH’s Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Ins ute of Child Health and Human Development (NICHD). The study appears in Science.

“We urgently need additional effective, accessible treatments for COVID-19,” said Diana W. Bianchi, M.D., NICHD Director. “An oral drug that prevents SARS-CoV-2 from replicating would be an important tool for reducing the severity of the disease.”
    https://www.nih.gov/news-events/news...-drug-covid-19

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    loving the tempo of news about theraputic treatments for COVID-19 but as always, with a grain of salt. this bit is essentially news via press release, hopefully knock-on studies bear out the results.

n=10

Bonus’s MesenCure, which consists of activated Mesenchymal Stromal Cells (MSCs) that are isolated from the adipose tissue of healthy donors, was found to reduce inflammation and alleviate respiratory and other symptoms in patients suffering from life-threatening respiratory distress brought on by COVID-19.

“So far, the results of the treatment with the drug MesenCure are extremely impressive and an improvement over the results of other treatments,” said Dr. Shadi Hamoud, principal investigator in the clinical trial and deputy director of the Department of Internal Medicine E at Rambam.

He said the results were so promising that the hospital was already examining use of the treatment for other indications.

Bonus reported on 10 COVID patients between the ages of 45 to 75, all with severe symptoms. Ninety percent of them also had comorbidities.

The data showed a 40% decrease in lung inflammation from treatment – from 55% to 15%, as seen in chest X-rays, in the first five days after treatment. One month later, lung inflammation reached 1%.

Additionally, patients showed significantly improved respiratory function, with blood oxygen saturation increasing to 95% and lung functioning returning to almost entirely normal levels after only one month.
    https://www.jpost.com/health-science...one-day-669564

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Immunity may be life long

nature.com/articles/d41586-021-01442-9

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Immunity may be life long

nature.com/articles/d41586-021-01442-9
    excellent news

As I had stated before, molecular biologists looked at the e protein and its mRna sequence and were very happy at what they saw. A one trick pony. Hopefully. We are really getting good at this. And at an important moment. The pace at which this was all accomplished is amazing. Possibly very bad news for hater.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sharp decline in cases in India. Can't be explained by vaccination.

Must be some mystery therapeutic

worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/india/

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

MUST be... thats a joke im guessing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

So you never saw a COVID wave go down before the vaccinations, Darrin?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I'm thinking it is explained by S rather than a mystery therapeutic that was also in widespread use in India before the e

R0 = S * L * β

S = Susceptible Hosts – This is the number of people an infected individual comes into contact with per day while infectious with a disease.

L = Length of Infection – The number of days that an infected individual is infectious to the people he comes into contact with.

β = Transmissibility – This is a number that quantifies the ability for an infectious agent to spread between people or from the agent hosts to people.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm thinking it is explained by S rather than a mystery therapeutic that was also in widespread use in India before the e

R0 = S * L * β

S = Susceptible Hosts – This is the number of people an infected individual comes into contact with per day while infectious with a disease.

L = Length of Infection – The number of days that an infected individual is infectious to the people he comes into contact with.

β = Transmissibility – This is a number that quantifies the ability for an infectious agent to spread between people or from the agent hosts to people.

I'm guessing its widespread use of Ivermectin.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm guessing its widespread use of Ivermectin.
    Then why didn't it prevent the e in the first place?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then why didn't it prevent the e in the first place?
    Not widespread use. You can compare states where it is used vs blocked. Its a dramatic difference.

Thread Information