San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Born: Jan 25, 1988
    Height: 6-7 / 2.01
    Weight: 230 lbs. / 104.3 kg.
    College: West Virginia
    Years Pro: R

Info
    Last edited by Bruno; 01-15-2012 at 10:09 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just watched this video of Da'Sean on youtube..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGSH0...eature=related

Please let this kid stick to the Spurs!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm already excited about the good crop of players the Spurs will have for the off-season, Green, Anderson, and Butler.

Don't believe the hype... ChuckD's Avatar
    My Team
    New York Knicks
    Post Count
    I'm already excited about the good crop of players the Spurs will have for the off-season, Green, Anderson, and Butler.
    I wonder if Pop will ask Neal to go to summer league the way he asked George to last year. He could be the glue and leadership, and run the team like George did.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if Pop will ask Neal to go to summer league the way he asked George to last year. He could be the glue and leadership, and run the team like George did.
    Some of those summer league games are crazy. I think it would be a good idea to have someone with experience, like Neal, to bring some order and leadership.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This kid has some upside. Would've been a sure fire first rounder, possibly top 10- top 15 pick if he hadn't been injured.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the news you can get through espn trade machine are right, it seems that Spurs have made a strong commitment to Butler.

Spurs have used a part of their MLE to sign him. Instead of the $55K he should have gotten with a min contract, Spurs have offered him $125K for the reminder of the season. He is also under contract for two more years.

This significant financial commitment for a player who is still injured is a sure sign that Spurs are high on him. He isn't that typical player you sign at the end of the season to have some meat for the next training camp.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How is he playing in Austin?
    He suited up for a couple of games but never played. Still too soon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Haven't been around. Not sure if this has been posted . . .

Video: Exclusive Interview with Da'Sean Butler
    Written by Michael A. De Leon | 05 April 2011

After a recent Toros game, Mikkayla Guillett from TorosNation.com interviewed San Antonio Spurs forward Da'Sean Butler, who had just been assigned to the Austin Toros on a rehab stint.

Mikkayla asked Butler what he thought and where he was when he heard the news that the Spurs were going to sign him for the remainder of the season. Butler described being signed by the Spurs as a "joy." Watch the video below for the full interview.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the news you can get through espn trade machine are right, it seems that Spurs have made a strong commitment to Butler.

Spurs have used a part of their MLE to sign him. Instead of the $55K he should have gotten with a min contract, Spurs have offered him $125K for the reminder of the season. He is also under contract for two more years.

This significant financial commitment for a player who is still injured is a sure sign that Spurs are high on him. He isn't that typical player you sign at the end of the season to have some meat for the next training camp.
    Why not? Spurs have to be feeling pretty good with the way they locked up Neal and Blair on the cheap, Butler is definitely a talent worth a low-salary commitment.

I'm very happy with this signing. Hope he comes back from that knee injury the way Corey Brewer did. Still can't believe how great Brewer's recovery was, how quick it was . . .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Found this on nbadraft.net from nov. 2009. If he rebounds from this injury, watch out cause the talents there.

Both standing at 6'7 235lbs which I believe Paul Pierce may be slightly heavier. Desean Butler has had a steller career at WVU in which his numbers has improved consistantly each year. By most every NBA Mock Draft site and NBA scouts, Desean is a bonified first rounder and there are some NBA Scouts that has even said Desean has a great possibility to go in this 2010 june NBA Draft Lottery. Desean has made a great Impression on NBA scouts this summer in the World University Games where he led his team full of NBA possible first rounders to great showing in Serbia. When asked about what NBA player comparisons most scouts would compare Desean Butler too, the names that was mention were Caron Butler, Larry Hughes and Raja Bell name even came up for his ability to lock up the opposing teams best player on Defense. Although one League Scout said that we were'nt giving Butler the upper echelon comparison he deserves when asked his thoughts. Interested in what NBA player that this well known NBA scout compared Butler too we asked, he said Paul Pierce because of his size and ability to play and guard multiple positions on the court. Desean can also create his own shot and is able to score anyplace on the floor with ease such as Paul Pierce. He also went on to say that he would be a steal if he slips out of the the 2010 Lottery such as Dujaun Blair and Chase Budinger did last NBA draft. After watching Butler at trials in Colorado and in Serbia, and off to great start this year with him coming shy of a triple double 10pts 9rbs 9st in his first game then following that up with 26pts 7rbs in the game after that. I am now Cinvinced that Desean Butler very well might be the next Paul Pierce.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why not? Spurs have to be feeling pretty good with the way they locked up Neal and Blair on the cheap, Butler is definitely a talent worth a low-salary commitment.

I'm very happy with this signing. Hope he comes back from that knee injury the way Corey Brewer did. Still can't believe how great Brewer's recovery was, how quick it was . . .
    If Shaun Livingston was able to come back from his horrible injury, then I'm confident that Butler will recover from his.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Shaun Livingston was able to come back from his horrible injury, then I'm confident that Butler will recover from his.
    Not a question in my mind he'll recover from the injury. But his injury is one that usually takes a season to come back from. It's almost expected to see a watered down version of the player, and in some cases, a s of their former selves.

That's why I mentioned Brewer. The guy cam back the next year like he merely sprained his ankle. You would never have known that he tore his ACL the prior year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly. A lot of players suffer that injury and they never look the same. Brewer lost absolutely none of his athleticism. It is unbelievable how well he recovered.

Interesting about the contract. When the Spurs seek players out, such as Hill for example, and commit to them, they usually turn out pretty damn well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Desean can also create his own shot and is able to score anyplace on the floor with ease such as Paul Pierce. After watching Butler at trials in Colorado and in Serbia, and off to great start this year with him coming shy of a triple double 10pts 9rbs 9st in his first game then following that up with 26pts 7rbs in the game after that. I am now Cinvinced that Desean Butler very well might be the next Paul Pierce.

I saw Pierce play his first game at Kansas and several in his college career. I told some co-workers that I though he was the best player that I had ever seen in the Big 8, and that was after that first game. I'm not old enough to remember Wilt or even JoJo, but I had seen Tisdale, Manning and everyone from the 70's on. For my money he was the best to come throught the conference in it's last 25 years. I'm not a celtic fan at all but Pierce's loyalty to his team is familiar in these parts. If Butler can tie Pierce's shoes he will be a steal.

Don't believe the hype... ChuckD's Avatar
    My Team
    New York Knicks
    Post Count
    Multiple years? The Spurs must love this guy. That also almost seals the deal that the Spurs will either dump or draft and stash their picks this year. They have a full 15 man roster, plus Ryan Richards in waiting. Quinn and Dice are almost sure to roll off, but that still leaves 14. Some might see Novak as a roll off, but I don't. They had a chance to let him roll off this year when they signed Green, but signed him for the rest of the year anyway, going over the minimum 13 that they had been at all year. I think he gets a contract for next year. So you're looking at 14 guys, plus draft picks (it's a weak draft, too)? I don't think so.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs FO is doing some great moves for the future, Neal, Anderson, Butler....loving it!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Multiple years? The Spurs must love this guy. That also almost seals the deal that the Spurs will either dump or draft and stash their picks this year. They have a full 15 man roster, plus Ryan Richards in waiting. Quinn and Dice are almost sure to roll off, but that still leaves 14. Some might see Novak as a roll off, but I don't. They had a chance to let him roll off this year when they signed Green, but signed him for the rest of the year anyway, going over the minimum 13 that they had been at all year. I think he gets a contract for next year. So you're looking at 14 guys, plus draft picks (it's a weak draft, too)? I don't think so.
    Not necessarily. I think the Butler signing, albeit a low-risk one, does two things. 1. It strengthens the depth of the SF position and gives them more options. 2. It provides the Spurs the luxury of focusing on getting their most gaping hold - size and skill along the frontline.

Unless there is a slide of a bonafide stud SF, to the bottom of the draft, or unless an international player, like Jan Vessly or Nikola Mirotic, falls to them at pick #30 and they are unable to buyout their Euro contracts. The Spurs biggest priority should be targeting the best big available at pick #30 in the June draft. Furthermore, the eminent retirement of Dice certainly makes that need even more pressing and so much greater.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No...no it doesn't. You know players can be traded, waived, sent to the D-League, or stashed in Europe. A lot can happen before the 20 man rosters need to be trimmed for next season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It seems summer league will not be held this year... Hope it's not real. I want to see him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Butler’s comeback provides Spurs compelling prospect

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursna...ling-prospect/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn this guy has a sweet jumper. Not afraid of the turnaround either. Would he have been a top 10 pick if it wasn't for the injury?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn this guy has a sweet jumper. Not afraid of the turnaround either. Would he have been a top 10 pick if it wasn't for the injury?
    http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...draft-history/

Thread Information